Independence Day...for the Forums

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bayard, Jul 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bayard

Bayard Avatar

Fellow Forumers,

I'm pleased the forums seem to be more free and tolerant of dissent. I've never approved of the way Portalarium moderated the forums (regardless of who was doing it) in the past but acknowledged their right to do so.

Lately, I've read threads where people have criticized the game that, instead of getting shut down, have resulted in more ideas being presented and everyone feeling like their voice had been heard (even if not agreed with). I've read other posts where perceived insults were cleared up with sincere apologies when, in the past, the first perceived 'insult' would have resulted in a post deletion and probably a temp ban (and hard feelings all the way around). There are other examples but you understand the point.

Moderation still occurs where necessary, but I think there has been a 'loosening of the reins' that results in more open, and helpful, communication.

amarious, Daedwax, Jaesun and 3 others like this.
  2. Koss

Koss Avatar

Agree 100%

+1

Daedwax and that_shawn_guy like this.
  3. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

But alas, without the sentries at the gate, what will become of us if the hedgeborn fustilugs, bobolynes, bedswervers, gnashgabs, loggerheads, trenchermen, snoutbands, and fopdoodles were to now make run of the place?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    Daedwax likes this.
  4. Daedwax

Daedwax Avatar

[​IMG]
    We will dab on them and thus victory will be achieved. Pretty sure thats how it works, at least I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.