Looking For Hardened Leather Strap recipe

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Steevodeevo, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Hi folks,

Any advice on where I can pick up this recipe?

I don't believe its teachable or can be learned through experimentation and all the locations marked on the Wiki's seem to misdirect to standard leather straps recipe sellers. Has me baffled.

Thanks.
    Steevo

2. Apollo31

Apollo31 Avatar

I think Hardened Leather Straps can be obtained from drops....IE cant buy from NPC vendors...but you can find them on player vendors.

Pretty sure they are not able to be taught or experimented. Someone more knowledgeable will pop in and confirm.

Best I can do :)

3. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I think you're 100% right, thanks for taking the time. I'll go on to the market forums and advertise, I just wanted to check first.

Apollo31 likes this.
  4. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

As mentioned Steve, any of the recipes for non standard components are supply bag only
    Includes hardened/supple leather straps/yards, carapacian/fustian spools/bolts, and all bronze/constantan/white iron/meteoric metal bindings, sheets, coils, blades, etc. Also hard maple / grey pine / crimson pine / rock maple stuff.

Obviously it makes sense that to learn how to make these items you don't learn from a local crafter npc, or from a player crafter (teachability), or even from reading it in a book, or by experimenting (discovery) or doing a quest to learn how to do it ...
    Nope! You must kill a particular bandit who has that particular recipe written in a bag in his pocket, which you immediately destroy after reading so nobody else can learn. This is logical and intended ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.