Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Workaround: Arabella appears as Merchant and doesn't interact (Turkish locale)

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Sivon, Jul 6, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sivon

Sivon Avatar

07/06/2018 23:40
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate: %100
    Blocker: ?
    Details: in-game (/devbug if on qa) - Just started the game and can't double click to the merchant. Read all the related bug posts and tried all the proposed solutions but didn't work out.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor (6) System RAM: 16366
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU RAM: 4029
    SotA.Win.64.802.Date.07.06.18
    Area: IsleOfStorms/Begin
    Area Display Name: Isle of Storms
    Loc: (44.8, 17.9, 25.8)
    Debug: SXNsZU9mU3Rvcm1zfEJlZ2lufCg0NC44MzYsIDE3LjkzNSwgMjUuODI0KXwoMCwgLTAuNjI1LCAwLCAwLjc4MSl8Mjc3LjQzMjN8MTguOTYxODl8Mi40NQ==

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Sivon, usually not being able to interact by double click is a matter of low framerate, but your specs look reasonable, so i'm not sure why it's not working for you, but you can try putting the cursor over who/what you want to interact with and hitting e, instead.

Sivon likes this.
  3. Sivon

Sivon Avatar

Thanks for the quick reply sir.

'E' key doesn't work either. Checking my FPS was the first thing I did after I read the related threads. Game works at great FPS, but I tried with lowest graphic settings too. It didn't work. Also interestingly I can interact with the small creatures called Watchers via double left click. :(

4. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

Do you have a chat window pinned in the bottom left? (press enter to open the chat)
    Might you have changed the options in the chat window to hide NPC responses from the current tab? (sorry I can't check the actual settings in game I am a long way from my home pc right now)

Sivon likes this.
  5. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

Another thought - are you still on the isle of storms, or have you progressed past there now?
    Which merchant were you trying to interact with? Was this a female NPC, or a clockwork robot with a top hat - possibly that robot may have no current responses available.

Sivon likes this.
  6. Sivon

Sivon Avatar

Thank you for your help.

No, chat window is not pinned. Also I didn't change any settings.

The very first NPC called the Merchant. I passed that and went into the mirror to create my char. Right now I am trying to interact with the Oracle but same problem occurs once again. I went back to the female merchant who greets me but still can't interact with her.

Since I can't interact with Oracle, game doesn't activate the lunar rift and blocking further progress. It seems like I am stuck at isle of storms :(

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  7. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

I'm sorry I might not be able to help with this one, however-
    It might be worth describing in detail what *does* happen when you double click an NPC and attempt to interact.
    In the chat window/tab settings, are *all* the options ticked for the current tab? - just trying to rule out some possible system message you may not be seeing due to some filter on the current chat tab..?

Sivon likes this.
  8. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Are you having your mouse over Arabella? (as shes the only NPC on there other than the oracle)

9. Sivon

Sivon Avatar

Of course. :)

Your theory sounds pretty solid when you put it this way. Because I can interact with anything but the NPCs. When I try, their names & healthbars are appearing next to mine and NPCs are getting highlighted. That’s all.

I just checked my chat tab settings and saw that all options including NPCs are checked. Maybe creating a new chat tab can solve it? Will try it in the morning...

Sirius Sternwarte likes this.
  10. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Well the good news is you are selecting Arabella, this is a good start while your mouse is over her, selecting her is actually not important the cursor should be over her, and press E .. unless somehow this has been remapped normally this will work.

Its hard to imagine sitting here what would be blocking that. Any chance of a screen print (F11) ?

Sivon likes this.
  11. Sivon

Sivon Avatar

I just created new chat tab but still nothing changes...

E key is not working either. Here is my screen print. Cursor can't be seen but on the NPC: https://ibb.co/dD6bgd

12. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Stupid question Sivon, are you german? Do you have a non qwerty keyboard? Im wondering as by default I think sota uses a "US" layout (grr I be brittish) but, it would mean that I know for example some germans have a non qwerty keyboard, therefore "E" is not "E" if it thinks its american

Sivon likes this.
  13. Sivon

Sivon Avatar

I wish this was the case... I am from Europe but have a qwerty keyboard. I will change my keyboard layout to US now to see. Thanks for your much needed support.

Update: Nope, this didn't work out either. When I double click on the Oracle she moves her head and reacts but just won't interact. Nothing happens.

14. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

if you look in settings - interface near the bottom, there is an option to skip conversations with merchants. arabella SHOULDN'T be being tagged as a merchant, but if that's actually happening and not just a localization typo, you'll need to make sure you're not skipping conversations to talk to her.

Sivon likes this.
  15. Sivon

Sivon Avatar

My game language is English but Arabella is tagged as Merchant. I checked the skip conversations with merchants options you mentioned and it's not checked. Also I can't interact with the Oracle either which is not tagged as Merchant.

Alley Oop likes this.
  16. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Well this is odd..

I just made a new email, and signed up for a trial account to look - Arabella is clearly a "Mysterious woman" not a merchant

Its also interesting you have a body.. not a ghost.. Have you left the isle of storms and come back?

If you havent, try deleting your character and starting again, it maybe confused because you did something out of order.

[​IMG]

Sivon likes this.
  17. Sivon

Sivon Avatar

Thanks for the answer Liz. I never left the island. When I couldn't interact with the Merchant (a.k.a Arabella or Mysterious woman) with my ghost form, I went to the character creation mirror. I will try to delete my character now. Hope this one works, I can't bear the frustration. :(

Update: This didn't work either. Arabella still tagged as Merchant and won't talk to me.

My SotA account is connected to my Steam account. That's why can't try with a trial account. My last option is downloading the game via it's client. Will do but it will take some time.

18. Bayard

Bayard Avatar

Sivon,

I think we're almost as frustrated as you are! If this were happening to me, I would delete the entire game file and start from scratch. Don't worry, you won't lose anything (except the time to reload) because your account is on Port's server and will still be there when you reload. Hopefully, the bug won't be.

Jaesun and Sivon like this.
  19. Sivon

Sivon Avatar

You are right Bayard, after hours of struggle that's the only option left and that's what I am going to do right now.

Fingers crossed...

20. narsistmuz

narsistmuz Avatar

My friend is having the same problem. I think it's a common problem.

Sivon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.