Get the word out about livestreams

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stonetrew, Jul 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stonetrew

Stonetrew Avatar

It is the slow months, Darkstar has stated it. you have a live stream, only word of it in game was approximately 3 hours prior. ya need money someone new not guilded or don't know any better would have no clue whats going on. Create a button, set linkink in the global for livetream... and let the game know when your doing things.... You want to bring new people in.... however your catering to old people.... you must comsider even in game that some new don't know what a livestream is.

And all ya on Discord that stated Well your here..... Wake up and smell the roses I been here a year someone that joined 2 weeks ago won't know... dang ya all trip over 1 dollar to grab a dime.

SmokerKGB, Nelzie, 3devious and 3 others like this.
  2. Floors

Floors Avatar

Oh hey mounts are live. Everyone buy the mount items lets make horsemanship a reality !

Nelzie likes this.
  3. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

My coconuts work just fine. Monty Python predicted this form of travel years ago.

4. Stonetrew

Stonetrew Avatar

Mearly a flesh wound..... Appreciate the comments however they are not on task.

Mounts to my knowledge are not live yet

5. Floors

Floors Avatar

The stretch goal is live in the store. If we can generate a quarter million dollars to support Port, we can have them.

6. Stonetrew

Stonetrew Avatar

Indeed however it is a failure of a goal from episode 1 and has nothing to do with My Main post about how they fail to advertise their
    own money Stream in game for new players

7. Floors

Floors Avatar

Yeah, my bad, but thanks to your post, it reminded me about the livestream.

8. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

Well, there is one after every release, has been for a while. But yeah, I hear you, definitely need more to promote it, especially to new players who generally miss a lot of things because there is a lot to take in. Also maybe explained in a way that a new comer would understand if they didn't know all this stuff as well. I've told guildies many times and then for some people it'll start to click in... "I can get costumes?" "You can get armor?" "How much do you have to spend?", etc. Maybe they need to have a big bold link, something that pops and stands out for it. New players definitely need heavy assistance and not in a bad way. Of course... some would say that would make SotA look even more like cash-grabbers, but hey, you can't please everyone. Don't even try.

3devious and Lace like this.
  9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Getting the word out is a major problem on all fronts right now.

You're right, there shouldn't just be a little red message of the day either, a pop-up window with some fancy graphics and a clickable link should be happening.

Spoon, Sol Stormlin, Pebbles and 5 others like this.
  10. Godra

Godra Avatar

Maybe so, but the website had it posted for a week since the R55 release. Just saying.

11. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

From the e-mail that I received on June 28, right near the top:
    I think that's more than three hours. And Friday the week after release is the "standard" date of the big livestream. Last month it was on the Monday after (four days after R54), because Starr had a vacation for both the first and second Friday. That one was brutal. People were unhappy that they didn't realize it was happening, so Port ran an special make-up day.

Yes they should have had a notice in-game, but someone has to send that notice, it's not automatic. And right now they're a bit short of "someone"s.

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

WTF! Why can't they simply beam the information directly into my head? This is bullshit!

13. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

14. Mishra

Mishra Avatar

In before the lock. Give them constructive feedback and they typically respond. This method is not going to work.

15. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

@Stonetrew @Mishras is right, change the name to something nice and it'll stay just fine.

16. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Agreed. They could make it slightly more obvious, I suppose. Anything to get the word out, without being too much "constantly in my face" about it.

Also... OP is pretty hilarious. Wow.

17. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

Maybe make it like those annoying confirmation windows in old games...

"Would you like to quit the game?" - Yes
    "Are you sure you want to quit the game?" - YES
    "Are you really, really sure?" - G!%j28$& YES!!

18. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I have always hated those red annoying notices in game from devs that get lost in our chat windows. One solution is a decent announcement from perhaps one of our newly designed journal tabs but the journal isn't getting updates until episode 2 they said on the livestream today. So that's a long wait.

I think emails are sent out announcing it, then we have word of mouth which I do by telling any new players about it, and now we have the subscription that gets you everything from the livestream automatically. I subscribed for it today. I'm not back in game until August 23rd so my little notes aren't all over wizards rest and no one had to hear my zone chats announcing it, but yes getting the word out in a good way is important for now.

Later the ui should have an awesome announcement window for it and other announcements. We need to get it out of the chat window.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  19. Brian4

Brian4 Avatar

A Separate Chat Window for Portalarium only, This would be invisible to us and only when they have announcements to make it would come on screen. I played a game before that had this but has been awhile and cannot remember what game it was.

Coffee Pirate, Spoon, Jaesun and 3 others like this.
  20. Metalton

Metalton Avatar

Not saying I like it, although it doesn't overly annoy me either, but seen in a few games.. a "Welcome" window pops up after logging in with announcements, featured store items, etc..

Could do something like that.. togglable off in options..

O'course would require design/programing, Soo.. eventually? ;)

Coffee Pirate and Synergy Blaize like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.