EP2 Stretch Goal Dissapointments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boris Mondragon, Jul 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

The Rewards Program?

2. SteelCore

SteelCore Avatar

Yes.

Just dont call it subscription.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  3. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Dont get me wrong there were two things I required to put more money in one was much better taming support, and the Other is sailing /boat fishing.

Those two things are very important to me.

Vox Aquila, Koss, majoria70 and 3 others like this.
  4. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

I loved the boats in Vanguard, sailing around was awesome! I think we will see sailing in SotA it would generate a lot of revenue!

5. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Think of all the fancy boats they can sell

majoria70 and Boris Mondragon like this.
  6. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

Maybe we'll get to "tame" ships...

*You start to tame the creature*
    I've always wanted a pet like you.
    If you accompany me, we will protect each other.
    Will you travel with me noble creature?
    It seems to accept you as master.

7. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Most games are buy to play and thats it.
    I have donated more to Portalarium than i ever spend to a game.
    For this amount of Cash i can subscribe 20years of common sub fees or buy me some lifetime Abo's
    The game is far from what i want or imagined.
    Other games are much much closer, but to some degree i like the atmosphere and because i spend a lot and have a home i can revisit the game.
    To me it had failed in many aspects and i dont want to see future content, but existing content fixed.
    I dont care for Fishing , i dont care for Horses in this game. I dont care for boats, i dont have one and i think if we can craft one it will be an exhausting task to do.
    You know i dont grind or min max.
    Imho this game has enough Fund raised over the years and need to deliver.
    What they delivered until plus the Ep2 stuff isnt worth me another dime.
    But i still wish SotA develops further and i will maybe play from time to time like i actually do.
    But i'm disappointed about many things, so no support from me anymore .
    I gave enough and i'm not really satisfied or happy with the results until.

8. Ajumma

Ajumma Avatar

I also would like to chip in and say I am very disappointed. The lack of inclusion of ship mechanics and content is a big blow for me, I was really looking forward to it and now that has turned into disappointment. I understand the milestones needed for ship content to work at scale and that this takes time but ship based content is not even mentioned here as I suspects on the server it's for the few rather than the many, likes horse's. It's a hard one when you downsize and have to make a choice on content that will keep you the most costumers vs. the few who want ships. That said adding in a stretch goal that includes ship content would give us hope, as what gets measured gets managed, even if its the very last stretch goal you actually build.

I temporarily had to pull my ship deed but now I really don't see the point of spending time, effort and cash on what is effectively retired content; my hard earned water city deed will get re-purposed as a farm until agriculture gets nurffed too ;)

9. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

Are you referring to single player games? MMOs usually have some continued cash increase. While this list has a lot of "web browser" based games that are fully free, you can see the various MMOs usually offer or have some type of revenue income.
    https://www.mmorpg.com/games-list

Vaiden Luro and Daigoji Gai like this.
  10. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I dont know why i need a horse in this game. Seriously. The distances are miniscule.

Witcheypoo, matsutaki, By Tor and 5 others like this.
  11. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

As i already said for the money i spend i can have 20years of a common Mmo Sub or one or two or even more lifetime Abo's.
    I recommend everybody to accept that i dont like the game that much to spend more and further ,because Ep1 hasn't satisfied me until.
    Still broken quests and stuff.
    To grindy, to much of a min max game and less of a sandbox gameplay.
    But dont argue. I have my opinion and thats not common sense here, the people who would understand me have already left the game completely like the majority of players who ever tried to like SotA.

12. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Agreed, mounts = no point

With dash+sprint or fleet people already move too fast.

Adjustible house placement might benefit a few people with town n larger lots. MIGHT!

New playable race is interesting but the game design promotes single toon play. Still this is the one out of the three that isnt bad

13. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

Ok but why do you continue to post the same dislike of spending more money, even though it is optional. How is that supporting the game, or do you even support or want the game to succeed? Do you think this is good for the game? Do you think by doing so, something is going to change by simply saying you don't like spending more money?

If you have good ideas for contributing to the game, lets hear those instead. Do you have any better solutions to keep revenue coming in to pay for things? If you feel they had plenty of money to make the game as you wanted it, have you ever designed, published, or created a game? You would be sorely pressed to find any MMO, non-browser based, that would have all the stuff SotA has in it and working as well as SotA for $1.9 million. The additional fund has been posted as where it all went every year to development, staff, etc. It's not like it is hidden or kept from the public.

Witcheypoo, Chatele, Jaesun and 3 others like this.
  14. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

The game could profit from criticism.
    I made plenty of constructive suggestions over the past 2 years.
    This thread is a disappointment thread from Boris .
    I agreed him and then people quote me and dont agree with me.
    The community is to a large degree already brainwashed by the Moderation.
    If you say something negative or criticise the Game or Portalarium you get moderated and a lot of people here say what they want to hear or make comments i dont understand.
    The game is not bad at all and in some parts very cool.
    But SotA to me is also in many aspects not my game and if i say i dont support it further with money - i'd have Ideas to support it ingame with RPvX Events, but unfortunately the game/ sandbox is not setup well to do that and i play in EU timezone and afaik there were never more than a handfull of germanspeaking players who liked what i imagined or are RPvX players.

I wish SotA success!

Ronni, StarLord, mass and 1 other person like this.
  15. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

Hah, you do realize this is "conspiracy theory" talk? The moderators certainly hold no sway on me or my views, though I generally try and put my thoughts into well worded ideas and posts, both good and bad, on various aspects of the game that offers some constructive points.

16. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I dont feel there is much unjust moderation tbh. They do a good job letting a topic circulate if people are respectful.

Its easy go to the negative side, there is more I like about the game than dislike or id not be playing.

17. Floors

Floors Avatar

The key word here is I. You thought about it and you made a decision to do this after carefully considering the possibilities, or you should have.

Also, you weren't just buying a game. You, brave sir, were helping to get the game developed and for that you deserve the respect of everyone in this forum, and their thanks.

But having a sour attitude later is a bit like giving a gift and then regretting it and asking for it back later. You should not have given that gift in the first place if you weren't doing it for altruistic reasons.

It's a lesson to be learned in life, for sure.

18. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

We just have different pov on several things about SotA i guess.
    But lets focus on the similarities.
    We both want SotA to be a success!
    I'm just not satisfied and pleased enough or amazed by Ep2 to spent more money .

Womby, Ronni, StarLord and 4 others like this.
  19. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I am the one who always wrote i donated i dont invested!
    Same for playing.
    I play i dont "put effort in it or work"!!!

Ronni, Boris Mondragon and Brugas like this.
  20. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Ladies and Gentlemen; I am glad this simple post explaining my disappointment with things to come as scheduled allowed many of you to express your views or sympathize with Port in their plan. We all have different views ideas and opinions yet I believe we all have one common goal and that is for SOTA to succeed. Many of you have poured a lot of money into this game and I respect your commitment to this dream that started approximately 5 years ago. I purchased a $45.00 pledge back in May 2016 and though I have not contributed massive funding to the game, I have given it the most precious of all commodities. Time; this you can never get back once it passes. I also wanted to prove to myself that on this adventurer pledge many things could be accomplished with hard work and persistence. I have met my goals that all could be done without having to drop a large sum of money into it. To those that did drop thousands into this dream, I commend you for your belief in RG and crew.

Feel free to move forward with post to let them know how to improve on this game within reason. Lets leave ships out of the suggestions as that horse (pun intended) has been beaten, killed and grilled at this point. I ask you to post three items other than what they already decided would be EP2 stretch goals here or in another post to take this into a positive note. Here are my 3 choices.

1)Guild Warfare - Cant see how this would cost much to implement. - Let guildmasters choose battle rules and loot rules - Finally an Endgame option.

2) Factions - Can be tied in along with Guild Warfare. Apply this to the old lands and the new lands. Set aside contested/dominated new areas.

3)Player Mods - Plenty of talented people out there with ideas/ability to create new looks/attire/ores/etc who can be compensated via title recognition/COTOs if implemented. Let your players be part of the building process.

That is all I have as my new top 3 to be added to the stretch goal. Give us an Endgame Port. This grinding without a purpose just got old. R/Boris/El Pirata.

Ronni, Bigg, Stundorn and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.