Gathering with Weapons Drawn..

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Steevodeevo, Jul 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Hi,

I've been watching this for an age (nothing much else to do while actually in the gathering anim) , and I don't notice any increased risk of gathering failure or a slow down in gathering rate if you gather with weapons drawn. The anim shows the weapons disappear during the animation, but the weapons reappear immediately afterwards.

Does gathering sheathe weapons then draw them again after the gather? I'm pretty sure it doesn't as the healing and stamina replenishment rate doesn't increase.

2. Furious Farmer

Furious Farmer Avatar

No the weapons don't automatically sheathe. I always put my weapons away because I want to heal quicker while gathering.

Coffee Pirate, Jaesun and Retlaw like this.
  3. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

yes, Im sure thats absolutely right, so, do folks think it sensible there is no increased risk of gathering failure or a slow down of rate if you gather armed?

My main toon is dual wield, yet somehow he manages fine to hold two long-swords whilst chopping down trees, mining ore or skinning game.

4. Furious Farmer

Furious Farmer Avatar

I do see your point, obviously it isn't realistic wielding a weapon and using an pickaxe at the same time. Maybe at some point the devs can address the "bug", but there are bigger issues with the game that need to be resolved first.

5. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

if this change is made I will never forget it was your fault... :p

Coffee Pirate likes this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This is a bug. While you remain in combat mode when gathering, it should hide your weapon(s). Please make a bug report.

7. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Sorry! But maybe they'll sheath it (properly) when you gather so we heal faster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.