EP2 Stretch Goal Dissapointments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boris Mondragon, Jul 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Exactly …….. Patience is a virtue this game lacks ….In which I am guilty of , sometimes :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  2. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

i want my sidecar :D

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  3. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I was expecting to hear something about boats. Episode 2 at least.

From the kickstarter we read at the achieved 1.6 Mil goal "In Short, Be Prepared to Defend your Vessel!". And in past telethons/livestreams, I recall hearing EP2 it should come out.

So are water deeds worth it with a boat in dock all the time? This was a surprise I wasn't expecting.

Vaiden Luro, Vyrin, Ronni and 2 others like this.
  4. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I read every post and was honestly shocked that there is no discussion about what the real issue is. We can all sit around and ask for these super complex system for Ep2 but it probably just wont happen. We do not have to population to sustain the $$$ needed for anything complex at this time (who knows, maybe it will turn around). The company just laid off half of its people and no matter how its framed, that would not have happened if they were sitting on real money (cash) or had enough coming in. We also wouldn't switch to a subscription. I think its pretty clear they will be able to continue in the near term with their current size as long as the existing players keep sponsoring it, but my expectations were tempered long ago with overtly simple things (which should have been vastly better) they already designed (sieges) and for sure we wont see it now.

One of the biggest issues with SOTA and the way it was designed (crowd sources) and they way they have run it ("Jira opened") is that the community has vastly higher expectations then they will ever be able to achieve, even if they were a AAA game with 150 million. This fact just lays waist to the user base who quits because this or that wasn't created for them or this or that was worked on before their own personal wish.

For example, it just blows my mind that they are going to spend time on fishing when there is so many more vital things to work on, but the fact is also that their small tight circle of friends (the same 3 people who show up to every telethon as the "community", aka being fed gummy worms as a hint) have been pushing them to for a long time.

5. Floors

Floors Avatar

Yes this is why I bought some stuff in the game and decided to spend some weekends playing and enjoying it for once. Because I dont know how much longer I’ll be able to amd want to look back when its said and done and have good memories, which I will, despite the constant sky is falling on here. Which is also why I’m supporting it with the price of like, one cup of coffee or McD’s breakfast a month. No big deal.

6. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Idk I feel they need deeper systems for people to engage and sink time in(sandbox), uo has a deep fishing system so deep thats all some people do cause they love it to so much. Sota needs several systems in the sand box that people can fall in love with.

It has some sure but look at the population and the trend, there are some problems. Look at the funding trend as well more problems.

They need more people to play what people and what would bring them should be thier only goal. Im not sure boat fishing will save the day but Id be happy to see it.

From the funding side people would BUY fancy boats like they buy deeds and houses.

7. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

I would! :D

8. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Brother; imagine that with a 20 percent discount a Pot city water home and galleon runs $1500.00, that potential loss adds up. The expected pirate bundles that were talked about will probably never happen or sell, at least in the distant future. I will wait and see what they come up with or if they just ignore/avoid our concern/disappointment. I am glad that the last series of pirate stories I wrote in the Fire Lotus Tavern library forum had a “Land Travels” heading. Could this be Deja Vu? R/Boris (forget piracy now).

9. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

I don't know why they are ploughing on with Ep2 (in whatever form) when so much of EP1 feels unfinished and unsatisfactory.

If they fixed what we have already then maybe the population would rise and maybe that population would be more willing to.back stretch goals.

Asking for big contributions (250k.for mounts ! Really??) on the back of a lot of disappointments in EP1 seems to be pushing it to say the least.

10. Katu

Katu Avatar

This is my thoughts exactly. On what premise, spending 3-5 dev years worth of money, is ok for still such a minor feature. It does not sound realistic. Sounds like a way to make money for other parts of the project also.

Stundorn and Boris Mondragon like this.
  11. Olddog

Olddog Avatar

Yup!

They missed the boat on this one.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  12. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Chaox, you missed a thread.

13. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

I remember it in a very good way. Well, also the chaotic kill you provided me while running wild ;)
    This showed how important it is to Party each other when fighting together :)

I really enjoyed it, also the stream review. It was fun. You're right. Maybe the streams should have been provided to the Devs?

Vaiden Luro and Boris Mondragon like this.
  14. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Brother; again my apologies for the insanity, problem was we had two parties going on our side so no way to tell who was who. We tested mass warfare without lag nor crashes and hopefully the devs will see the point about an end game event as we had of Obsidian vs Pirates. R/Boris

Paladin Michael likes this.
  15. DyNaMiX

DyNaMiX Avatar

Am I to understand this correctly, that Episode 2 is not funded and will only go through if it receives enough money?

16. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

You are correct, one thing will be added at a time as soon as the stretch goal is reached for that item. R/Boris

17. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Eps 2 will happen, how many features and whats in it is in question.

Thank god taming, and treasure hunting is in.

The telethon awnsered some of this stuff but left alot missing and some stuff off the table previously talked about.

18. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

And not for lack of trying. I know I bought all of them but flexible placement and nothing else we bought counted towards them. I know players who spent 25-35 thousand dollars on this game and others even more. It was going to be our virtual home like UO was.

The amount to fund them was maybe much higher than now or seemed so and with the amount of backers we had at that time and no advertising it couldn't happen and was doomed imo. So it is what it is.

Now to just get them funded with the best features for this game.

I agree with everyone else just a measly bare bones mount is not enough for this game. They need to be appropriate for this game with features that make them special for this game.

Features such as tameable, trainable, and useful is a must.

Perhaps they have saddle bags to carry a little but they need to travel the map.

Perhaps they can be trained to survive a battle with armor and skills but if they die you recover what they carry but it is touchy unless they are rezzed and perhaps that is limited.

Perhaps you can train them to horse race and jump hurdles.

Perhaps they have specializations to make them either a battle mount or a race horse.

So many ideas for them please please let no more disappointing systems come into this game. Let them be full featured.

It definitely will take more to pull us up and put this game on the charts. Every system that comes in will be scrutinized and criticized fully. Going forward I just know we can do it. We can soar above them.

@DarkStarr @Lord British @Chris @Chaox

Steevodeevo and Sol Stormlin like this.
  19. Floors

Floors Avatar

Whoa. So why isn't it ?

20. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

It is silly the virtual world for me but of course I have demands for that home which I will continue to rally for. My mom is in poor health but never fear I'll be back the end of August. I have been here since almost the beginning. It was nov 2013 and playing the whole time.

The person I know who spent that much is not playing and waiting on an achievement system, more dailies like fishing dailies, crafting dailies and more, and a time there will not ever be a lack of things to do. He loves doing dailies. It is his reason to play. He is a bit of a loner and I am not. I still believe the game lost out when it was thought players would create the content of the game and the coding was not added to the game because if it. Well guess what some people won't play with out it.

Edited typos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.