Ep. 2 Stretch Goals suggestion: Other Amount Option...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by twofoldsilence, Jul 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

I was wondering what everyone thinks of Port adding an Other Amount Option for Ep. 2 Stretch Goals, because not every player may care to have the current Stretch Goal items, but instead pledge some random sum: $5, $25, $100, $15, etc. multiple times or just once, or they could buy all the current stretch goal items, but also continue to pledge toward it afterward. E.g. I could buy all 3 foals ($60), the Ornate Hitching Post ($10), and continue to pledge toward them using the Other Amount Option when I have extra cash to spend. I hope what I'm saying makes since.

SmokerKGB likes this.
  2. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Im not excited at all about this one.

Edit: To stay on topic sure why not.

Cordelayne and twofoldsilence like this.
  3. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

You might not be but others may be willing to pledge more then $70 toward it. Which is the most amount one can pledge toward it unless they want multiple copies of the same foals/ornate hitching post.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    Brass Knuckles likes this.
  4. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

They mentioned during the live stream they would be adding other items towards the same stretch goal. The 4 options that are currently on there will be replaced with something else at some point

Jaesun, Chatele and twofoldsilence like this.
  5. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I missed that, and it makes sense, if more folks new this was a long haul, they may be more confident in delivery and more anxious to acquire the Colts, as they could be special. This would only happen if folks new how long the Colts were up for and what and when items replace them.

Witcheypoo, Brugas and Chatele like this.
  6. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Hrmm, value wise the original round(1st strech goal ones) horses will have the most value, and I think what will be added might be more horse themed sruff it would be wierd if they expired these horses just to add new skinned ones. Mabey bear mounts would be cool, but those should be tamed and trained imop.

Brugas and Chatele like this.
  7. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I'll say it again, but the ONLY way any of the stretch goals will be met is if they are not competing with each other. Yes, by all means, add more mount items so we can reach this goal eventually. But as soon as Flexible Placement or Elves shows up on that page, its done. We can't split the funds and expect any chance of forward movement.

8. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Yes, but start at the base price, and if you choose more, then Yes... By adding $5, $10, $15.... $100....

9. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I disagree, I've already pledged: Pack animal, saddlebags, Mount, 2nd mount, and now a 3rd mount, so bring on the Flexible placement I'm in... I'm not into Elves, so I'll pass... But Boats, bring it on, I'm in... I'm on a budget, so for sure next month...

So, why are you hanging back? Once the money is in the Pot, you can't get it back, unless you're trying to make the game fail, which I find that hard to believe...

10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I know many early backers bought into the stretch goals when offered the first time. I was so worried that if stretch goals compete against each other that we would have a forum battleground happen. These stretch goals must not compete against each other. Just bring them one at a time and make them cool. We have started with mounts let's get it done. @DarkStarr @Lord British. Don't make us choose just roll them out one at a time and say now we are funding for the next one once we meet the first one. We need them all over time. Please listen.

Engel likes this.
  11. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

I've done similar. I skipped flexible placement the first time around, but pack animals and ships I chipped in on. I hope that the stretch goal store is simply a persistent thing from now on. As they add more options, ones may get funded faster than others, but it gives players an option to acknowledge and directly support an effort. I suspect that come telethon time if people have nothing else that tickles their fancy then they will pick a stretch goal item to roll the stone further.

12. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

I think having a one at a time goal makes it somewhat like an endurance lottery. If you aren't interested in the goal, then you have to wait until the bucket of water fills up and hope that the next one is interesting.

If there are multiple buckets, then you can pick and choose and some will get filled faster than others. Then new ones will show up. Being able to imagine what is down the road helps to create intrigue.

Brass Knuckles and Witcheypoo like this.
  13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I can see your point.

14. Engel

Engel Avatar

Hello with this system many players wait to buy and the last stretch goal has been removed too fast i think .
    I understand the company need to increase its funds maybe post a deadline and please unlock the numbers of pets

Witcheypoo likes this.
  15. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Since this isn't funding the game, just the stretch goals, I'll continue to purchase items in the Add On Store, I've subscribed, and I'll probably even pick up the Stretch items I want regardless if functionality. However, I'm not going full in on Stretch Goals unless there is an end in sight.

Cordelayne likes this.
  16. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

10,857 foals still need adoption before episode 2!

17. Calan Caitin

Calan Caitin Avatar

So I'm confused. Is the 250k goal just for ridable mounts? It's not really a stretch goal if there is only 4 items and 1 goal. Also when the mounts can only be used like running is now and not used in battles, skip this one and lets get to something better.

18. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

I hope the stretch goals are a persistent/continuous thing. I suspect they will be now that the base game is in place. I suspect they originally saw the trickle of support and favored reverting focus back to the main funding stream during early access.

I agree that this is definitely not funding the direct game and similarly will get a mixture of stuff.

So the 250k is an estimate of effort in dollars for building everything that is expected to be needed for having mounts as a rapid mobility system. I would imagine this includes art work, animation, ui, and engine tech both on client and server side to make sure that the game can handle players traveling at faster speeds. This may also include functionality like jumping etc. They may want to sanity check that invisible walls and AI work well in a sampling of places with players being able to move faster and jump higher etc.

They released a small amount of gear devoted towards funding the effort and will add more in the future. From round 1, I have some horses and male/female riding outfits plus saddle bags etc. There may be newer versions of those in the future on the store.

It is speculation, but once the basic system is in place, then there may be follow ons such as mounted combat. Possibly starting with easy combat types such as mounted archery. I.E. once the basic house is built, it can be improved in periodic chunks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.