Will i at some point be able to make a Necromancer or Vampire?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vasculio, Jan 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vasculio

Vasculio Avatar

I kinda like how in Ultima Online you could be a Necromancer. And that the Necromancer could evolve into a Vampire. I wonder if that could be a possibility in Shroud of the Avatar?

2. Mortegro

Mortegro Avatar

I would like that as well... but I wouldn't mind having vampires back at least as monsters if not playable. Thanks for this link. Can't wait to try out this magic.

3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

We've no idea what the complete mob/creature list will look like. So there's no telling for sure at this point. Playable as a vamp though isn't something likely to happen for episode 1. As for 2-5.. ?

From a design standpoint I would be concerned about balance. Traditionally you'd become more powerful.. but that has to be offset with drawbacks as well.

You might find it worth revisiting the subject for EP2 or if any of the devs indicates a possibility. For now they do seem to be focused a great deal on their own unique SotA specific creatures.

4. Zigmalion

Zigmalion Avatar

If you can combine Death Magic with adequate melee combat skills, you'd have something at least remotely resembling a "sampire" in UO.

5. Furious Farmer

Furious Farmer Avatar

All I have to say is, please no "sampires".

6. Pendragon

Pendragon Avatar

In the woods looking for a wandering healer.
    I mean no disrespect but I am opposed to the idea of a vampire, werewolf, zombie being a built in playable "class". If you mix the given skill sets and role play one, I got your back though! Even items that change how others precieve you, aka the orc helms/masks is cool by me. IMO that would encourage rping adding value to the feel of the world. Just my two cents.

Grayhawk likes this.
  7. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

Yep, this. ;)
    Just RP it. Vampires are perfectly playable as a purely RP thing.

Montaigne, AvatarAcid and Pendragon like this.
  8. Montaigne

Montaigne Avatar

If you want to play a vampire or a necromancer you might like to consider creating a character with pale skin, lank hair, and receding gums. Find a remote place to live in the woods, wear black flowing garments, and then terrorise the local peasants. Leap out from behind trees, yelling stuff in a strong Romanian accent, to scare newbs. That's what we did in 1997 - none of this pre-made Sampire nonsense! We made our own fun in those days, fangs very much.

Mishri and Grayhawk like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.