Very Disappointed In Treasure From Highvales Two Stones Crypt...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Khalest, Jul 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khalest

Khalest Avatar

*WARNING: SPOILER AHEAD :WARNING*

In Highvale Outskirts, the Two Stones Crypt to me was a disappointment in size of the crypt & especially the so called treasure. For one, its built up to sound like alot more due to the "rumors" that are told about it. Also considering the 4 riddles on the door were very obscure in their reference to the answers & the fact that we had to travel all over the map turning on the becon stones & fighting elves, bears, geists & wolves the whole way. Also it wasnt mentioned anywhere at all that i saw that we would be booted out of the crypt after a short time & have to do all of the stone turning on over again to get the door back open. It was a very small crypt to begin with & when i took off the lid to the sarcophagus & finally saw the "Treasure Chest" my heart started to race thinking about all the possibilities that it might hold. Then i opened it.....and my heart almost stopped. Seeing what was in it actually made me verbally yell in surprise & disgust. I mean it was constantly reffered to as a "treasure" but the contents were nothing more that the same things you'd find on a dead body (minus any armor or weapons that is) or something you'd get out of a chest in a random tent or someting. It was like a few pieces of citrine fragments, garnet & ruby fragments, maybe a couple of health pots & some other little piddly items & a taxi rides worth of gold. I honestly made more gold & got more items the same value & more from killing all the things while i was turning on the stones. Considering it is pretty much the first major "tresure quest" were sent on after we enter the game in that particular area, i was very let down & thing because of that it should be alot bigger reward or have a named item in it or something....i just hope thats not a sign of things to come in the way of "Treasure Chests"

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Welcome to our current treasurer system, sadly.

I had the same feeling as well the first time I did that too. That was quite the spectacular letdown....

3. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Yup loot in this game sucks unfortunately. The reason behind this sadly is the focus on overpriced player crafted gear. A way to make this better IMHO is to have hundreds of unique pieces of arms and armor that could be awarded for completing these quests. The player would then be given the ability to salvage them for an eternal pattern so they could be used on player crafted items. An example of this is the Norgard armor, sword and shield won from the Conrad Dupre quest. I really wanted to salvage the item for its "skin" but was unable to because it was an item that couldn't be traded.

4. Floors

Floors Avatar

The more sadder thing is that the virtue quest armor can't be reshaped and so is useless. There's several items that are unusuable that should be usable because of the system, like the triple crossbow

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

How does "can't be reshaped" equate to unusable?

6. Floors

Floors Avatar

You can't reshape good armor into the virtue armor becuase it doesn't give an eternal pattern

7. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Completely agree as you can see from my post above. It's bad enough that we don't have any high tier weapons and armor that are unique and not player crafted. To not be able to salvage the few that are out there is just frustrating!

Khalest, Vyrin, Chatele and 1 other person like this.
  8. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Or... I don't know... maybe make a way for those items to be improved upon, either through questing, or via the virtue system, so they grow with the player?

9. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

But... to be more OT...

YES!!!! This needs a good massive round turn taken on it!!!!

Khalest likes this.
  10. Xul Rasha

Xul Rasha Avatar

Wow, that is absolutely ridiculous that the treasure is that terrible. I don’t blame you for being frustrated.

Khalest and Chatele like this.
  11. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

I had the same disappointment for the Longfall woods bandit chest. It was a lot of trouble to get all 3 keys from all over the map and then get past the bandits and their leader... then finally opened the chest and it was regular loot like stuff from a dead bandit corpse.

Wow. -_-

Khalest, Chatele, Gorthyn and 2 others like this.
  12. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Just know, they are well aware of the current loot system. It’s just..... complicated and they can get it to a better system.... in time.

Feeyo, Khalest, Cordelayne and 2 others like this.
  13. Floors

Floors Avatar

I think if they just gave some more unique deco items in the "special" areas it would go a long way to placating folks.

It's mainly the fact that people playing the game as SP players don't expect to get MMO loot that's designed to not let people power level I guess ? Although with UT, I question if that has failed, at this point, unleash the loot.

14. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Welcome to power-leveling, min/maxing, grinder sandbox MMO hell. Brought to you by all the players who find that fun.

As to adjusting it for the solo game, dream the impossible dream.

Cordelayne, Chatele and Woodchuck like this.
  15. Deana Beretta

Deana Beretta Avatar

I still do not understand the loot model in this game.
    I would assume the standard loot convention is, the more difficult the loot is to obtain, the more lucrative it is.
    Killing a skeleton in an end-game area should yield more/better loot than killing a skeleton in a beginner zone.
    Within the context of a single zone, killing an enemy labelled as a boss, or finding a chest that requires solving puzzles and travelling a great distance should yield a better reward than killing a single "normal" enemy in that same area.

If that puts too much currency into the economy, you introduce more sinks to drain it out, or you let prices rise. Leaving things like this just gives no incentive (at least loot-wise) to do anything more challenging than T2 or T3.

Khalest, Chatele and Gorthyn like this.
  16. Khalest

Khalest Avatar

Curious now, y isnt it usable & y hasnt it been fixed?

Cordelayne likes this.
  17. Khalest

Khalest Avatar

THERE IS A MODEL AFTERALL?!?!?!?! Xd

18. Prince Guni

Prince Guni Avatar

Same experience. There should be *something* cool in this crypt. Maybe a travel portal somewhere far, a quest or a more useful piece of loot.

Proteus Tempest likes this.
  19. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Easy fix would be a Geist weapon, with a pattern, and a chance at a dungeon piece in the style of the crypt. Since you get property after the Outskirts, this makes sense now. Similar rewards could be added to the other low level treasure rewards.

Jaesun and Nick like this.
  20. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

was that the first "quest" you have completed?

Glad you enjoyed playing the game, good luck in your next adventure.

But as stated Loot across the board is similar wherever you go, they cannot make it to crazy because people would just do it over and over. And if made to nly work once then the game is dead in a month since you would be done with them all???

Elwyn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.