Thoughts on Lost Whiteguard Silver Mine

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senjut, Nov 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

Not played for a while, and had totally forgotten this mine was even there until I stumbled across the entrance :oops: Was good fun just exploring it, been in twice now and only seen the 'unlootable skeleton under water' happen once out of quite a few times I killed things in the pools, so that seems to be mostly fixed. Very atmospheric place, went through with a level 46 mage with a pet bear and although it sometimes got a little hectic (sight lines are very tricky in some areas of the caves) even I could cope with the battles, and I am really NOT good at that sort of activity. Probably one of my favourite scenes so far, I intend to go back at least a couple more times because it was so much fun.

Jaesun likes this.
  2. Deana Beretta

Deana Beretta Avatar

Another thread risen from the ashes!
    Starting on the path of love around release time, I found my way to this mine. Even got to the point where I could navigate from the Solania entrance to the level 2 locked door pretty quickly, but I thought it was not a great place for mining. I don't think I ever found the breakable walls. As far as low level mining areas go (I tried all 3 of the mines that were introduced), the only one that I really liked was the one in Jaanaford (near the earth magic trainer). The layout was not too confusing, the ore density was great for lower levels, and the enemies were not too difficult. There was an element of danger, particularly if you out onto the high ledges (it is a very deep, cavernous mine), where an errant knockback from an enemy (or confuse before you realized which key moves you which way) could send you falling to you doom.
    Now that I'm a bit more experienced, I only mine in Elysium, Crag, and Spectral mines, and only go back to the lower level mines if I find a quest that specifically wants you to go there.

3. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I just spent 175K on gold ingots and got 1000 (I jsut burned 3000 gold and 3000 silver ingots in about 2 hours of crafting). These prices have not changed in years. I sure wish they made more ore nodes to get more people mining to get more supply on the market to shift the demand curve to make the prices lower myself. 175K gold is outrageous and is only affordable by 5% of this games population like me. Look at this from a new players perspective who may not be used to a complex game like this and is already struggling to make it.

Woodchuck likes this.
  4. Gravidy

Gravidy Avatar

I spent 90 minutes in here, and came away with a grand-total 2 silver ore. It is entirely mislabeled as a silver mine.

Thermight and Woodchuck like this.
  5. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

As a tailor I gather my own silver because I both need the producer XP because refining/crafting doesn't give anywhere near enough and because the ore prices are pretty crazy. Elysium has been pretty decent for gathering now that I know a good path, but it still takes hours of silver harvesting for a handful of masterworking attempts.

Alley Oop likes this.
  6. Matt Harris

Matt Harris Avatar

There should be a note that it is a mostly played-out mine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.