Suggestion: Give POT owners / basements PvP options (loot, gear damage, etc.)

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by blacksheepboy, Jul 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blacksheepboy

blacksheepboy Avatar

A suggestion:

The Obsidian Trials looks like they are great at giving players a risk-free way to try out PvP if they haven't done it before, and wear the gear they want without risk of having it ransomed.

So I was thinking it would be great if people could set options for the PvP in their POT towns or in individual basements. This could allow for friendly PvP tourneys, trying out PvP with low risk, and allow for roleplayers greater flexibility (their town is not under the protection of the oracle; since we can't spawn creatures players could make themselves the 'bosses' of their own zone / quest; etc).

To clarify: I mean to allow for PvP OPTIONS: like no durability loss, no ransom, etc. Not just a PvP option (which already exist)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  2. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Can just lock the doors on the POT.

3. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

This is already possible :)

4. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

The first Gustball game was hosted in a basement due to initial versioning of the game requiring PvP. I've also hosted several PvP tournies in basements. You can either have your lot open and then ban people. Or, you can have your lot closed off and white-list people.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  5. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

PaxLair, a non-PvP PoP, has a pvp keep basement arena.

6. blacksheepboy

blacksheepboy Avatar

To clarify: I mean to allow for PvP OPTIONS: like no durability loss, no ransom, etc. Not just a PvP option (which already exist)

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  7. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

I love the idea! No wait, I should spell this uppercase. I LOVE the idea!

And I am sure this will make PvP POTs much more attractive for potential residents and visitors. Many of my friends hesitate to visit the POT I live in due to fear of losing equipment. If a no-ransom rule and/or an adventurer level cap could be set for the POT, I am sure it would be more popular.

Aeryk and blacksheepboy like this.
  8. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

Town decoration doors have a severe problem: Just like property doors their whitelist is restricted to 10 names. That's not enough!

I live in a small housing compound that has been built with pallisade walls and only one gate in order to allow the residents of the 13 available houses (currently 5 claimed) a reasonably safe place inside a PvP POT. It's convenient to lock the gate when alone in the compound and doing things like farming or decorating. Sadly, the whitelist of the gate is full already now. When new people join us we will have a problem: Either keep the gate unlocked at all times (which defeats its purpose really) or... Well actually there is no "or". If you live in a place (even as a co-owner, we have couples and siblings sharing a home) you should be able to access it!

I would like to add the following wish to @blacksheepboy 's very good ideas: Please allow us to put more than ten people on a door's whitelist!

Aeryk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.