User Interface still not there - Haven't even started playing the game...

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Amerisun, Jan 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amerisun

Amerisun Avatar

I haven't started playing the game yet because I really can't get over the user interface which still feels like it's from Ultima Online days. I posted about this in June of 2015 (link below):

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...user-interface-i-hope-its-not-finished.33514/

And it seems nothing has really been done with the UI. Granted this should be / could be one of the last things polished possibly as others have stated, but I really don't like playing a game with a crappy UI. I have seen early access games that have way better UI straight from the opening. (shards online for one of them I was impressed with)

Please tell me they have said something in the past two years to say they would revisit the UI and make it worthy of a 2017+ game? I understand the game is not "done" yet but I figured after a couple years it might get a little love...

2. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Look for the Q1 2017 Update, I believe there was mention of the UI in there.

Amerisun likes this.
  3. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

Yes, UI is the last thing to work on, once all other aspects of the episode are done. do-ing and re-doing UI's over and over in pre-release is a waste of time and money. Do it once at the end when you know what systems are staying and optimize it all.

Witcheypoo and Grimace2 like this.
  4. Amerisun

Amerisun Avatar

Does anyone know if the UI has been enhanced / changed much?

5. Daedwax

Daedwax Avatar

They've removed the hard yellow borders. To my knowledge they haven't altered the icons or health bars.

6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I believe it is being worked on again this month. You might not have to wait much longer.

Jaesun likes this.
  7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Are you so sure the UI would feel crappy and that you couldn't enjoy the game? Just checking. Every game I've played anyd it has been a lot of them has had different UI's and I did after a while just get used to them. Maybe you could give great feedback for us if you checked it out. I am Majoria in game if I can ever help. I will be back the end of August.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.