on getting criticism

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Corv, Jul 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Here i agree 100000% to you :)

Brewton likes this.
  2. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

Absolutely this is a prime example how to turn a fail into a success. Unfortunately THIS whole project was treated like bloggers/Youtubers patreon where critics were labeled as trolls, and moderations and bans happened to even moderate opinions stated here.
    It never felt that there were industry professionals at work, sorry to say that. Banning people without notice for example as UDIC just released. Banning without giving reasons, and keep claiming they don't do that stuff - while there are screenshots as evidence going viral and pressing people to take them offline is just another example someone in my guild has happened to him.
    Censorship is what diminished the community, which is now basically a leftover. I absolutely must admit I sold my assets luckily and am only interested in the history this project takes now as I don't believe gamers are the core audience of this game anymore.
    I wish for those that still love the game that it keeps running at least... but expecting that the game can change now, that they have barebone crew is delusional imho.

They would need a lot more money, like FF did, and a different approach to community and gaming culture.

3. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

This is exaclty what Koster was telling not to do in terms of reacting to such comments. To bad even @Cerus didnt realize it. But it tells everything someone needs to know about the future of the game I suppose.

Stundorn likes this.
  4. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

I agree, it is completely unrealistic for folks to think things will change dramatically at this juncture. It's just not in the cards from a staffing or fiscal perspective. To your point they would need a ton of money and developers to get it done. This definitely played into the success of FFXIV and the work Yoshida did. Square-Enix had the team and the money.

The devs have mentioned a number of times that focus has shifted to bugs, polish and performance. I think given the size and scope this is about what we can expect moving forward. Don't get me wrong, I am excited for Episode 2, but I really would like Episode 1 completely polished and completed (including offline mode) before moving on to Episode 2. Yet I think it is safe to say the money is in Episode 2 and I fear that will get more of a focus as we move forward...but what do I know. Admittedly that is pure speculation on my part. :)

5. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

All of this criticism about criticism is critically depressing. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.