Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Mage nerf is way overboard this release.

Discussion in 'Release 55 Feedback' started by kaeshiva, Jun 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

people in MMO's endlessly complain about nurfs. It doesn't even matter what kind of class or skills they use, it will always be a never ending complaint. People are tough on Chris, yes, he has made a LOT of mistakes over the 3 years I have been here but most of the time I see changes they are BALANCING. I remember the time I got lucky as a earth mage and I started smacking stuff with stone arrow for 1000 hp. I ran around as a god but yup... a month later it was balanced down. I think if there is a bad thing to be said, its that the "balancing" has been inconsistent As that earth mage, I got a month of glory when at the same time death magic was allowed to be ridiculously uber for 6 months (for multiple reasons such as broken corpse explosion, insane and almost infinant focus and hp do to bad math). When it was finally balanced, half the server was running death (duh) and they all got pissed off. Ok, well... death still needed to be balanced... sorry you can't play that uber build forever.

If you run around chasing the most unbalanced skills there is, switching as its found then you need to be prepared for when its balanced down. I dont know a single person who didnt see the meteor storm balance coming down the pipe. I would also say that polearm people should be prepared next (yes, I have now at least GM'ed most of the skills myself and Im getting prepared).

My bet is the dev's saw half the server GM meteor when it was unbalanced.

2. Rook Strife

Rook Strife Avatar

Just another month by month tweak that simultaneously fixes and breaks issues while improving nothing overall.

After 3 years what part of combat is now functioning or close to functioning properly using this method?

The job requires dedicated personnel doing nothing else but working on the combat system.

At least until all base aspects of it are reasonably functioning.

Nerf to all mages this month, even the builds that were't OP.

Not enough damage skills in the Water/Sun/Moon/Life trees to even make a build.

Magic does nothing to a bunch of mobs in the game.

Attunement / resists are broken.

Insert issue # 12345 here

Ah well, guess they will all be fixed a few years down the road in one of the monthly tweaks.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. Snakyy

Snakyy Avatar

We are mainly talking about attunement nerf that ripped off 40% from all spell damages from all school of magic.

4. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Been in Rise multiple times, 2-manned sieges including cabalist.... 2-manned Ulfheim, I used one example so you think I have no clue.... lol. Okay bud. I've done so much stuff you just can't do with melee or archers.... POST nerf. I stand by everything I say. Do YOU play the other classes high level? Waiting...

5. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

You just called a lady a "bud"???

6. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

I'm gender neutral... no idea what people are into these days! :D

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Onyx like this.
  7. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Yeah, I'm sorry. You were giving examples of Mage level 75 which is too low, really, to feel the hurt. Not saying you've not done other stuff. We just must be doing something reallllly differently because even without dumping the hundreds of millions of xp I have invested in magic into melee, and just using melee skills at flat GM, my damage output is comparable to what I can do with magic. I ran around with a sword for a while and found it more effective at just about everything - there's so much content that is just downright inaccessible as a mage - gotta have a melee build to do it. I just don't really like playing with a sword. Its sharp and I'm clumsy and can't be trusted.

8. TeddyMIT

TeddyMIT Avatar

玩家永遠都希望官方看到眾多建言和感想
    很遺憾的官方永遠都只挑他們想看的回覆
    最明顯的就是這篇到現在都沒有任何官方的人員回覆
    就算回覆你了多數也是制式回答
    完全沒有想要改善

因為會抱怨的都是多數都是贊助少但是遊戲時間長的玩家
    反之真的贊助多的玩家遊戲時間反而很少
    我們現在遇到的問題在6-70級玩家眼中根本無法想像
    而這些玩家多久後會到我們的層級?
    如果不是長時間玩家最快也要再半年、一年

拿玩家平均數量和等級分布來說
    我們的需求在官方眼中才是過分的
    因為我們贊助少又不是長期性PVP玩家
    為什麼這麼說?
    很容易發現的
    最近修改的目的都是針對PVP的情況
    官方真的會理會的只有DEV討論版的內容
    除此之外都是視而不見的
    否則怎麼會一直NERF還在說法師太強

遊戲如果繼續往下亂改,玩家只會繼續遠離
    想要進到亞洲市場最根本的就是不要亂改遊戲
    很遺憾現階段就算亞洲各國語言版做好了
    恐怕不用3個月就自動消失在亞洲市場了

如果官方不去正視這問題
    還在聽信少數玩家的期望
    那這個未來將會是肯定的結果

9. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I didn't realize that mages were nerfed again because I haven't been able to motivate myself to play in recent releases, not even during the double XP weekends.

Not only do I hate having to don heavy armor and use a sword to fight certain mobs, I also hate having to constantly switch from one school of magic to another to fight them.

My avatar is a jack-of-all-trades and master of none.
    She has no personality/specific skillset that I can identify with. Also, I
    don't feel like grinding and grinding and grinding XP just to level up every single skill in the game.

10. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

:D

11. TeddyMIT

TeddyMIT Avatar

Thanks for your translation.
    About 90% accuracy...

12. Gyzarus

Gyzarus Avatar

Most of the post here i see is only about solo solo solo, nothing but solo, why play multiplayer? can't the game be played in a good organize party? I can see is everyone for themselves, that's how a good game will grow into dusty game. Don't mind my crude words, everyone will never satisfied, unless they start providing and give. The riches in this game is depend on how much you can really give, the strength of the players also can be build on how well you can help others. The thought of just self pleasing will hard get anything far, one day everyone's cup will be so full until better stuff is just left lying around, because there is no longer any storage to store them, what your next option? pour out the old contents replace the better contents, or make the cup bigger, either way if the heart has no room for changes or other stuffs, it will always be stagnant, from there the boredom will grow and everyone will start hating it. Okay said my piece. Signing out.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  13. TeddyMIT

TeddyMIT Avatar

遊戲不能用"減法"在做調整戰鬥平衡
    除非官方要把遊戲做成FEZ或是OverWatch,否則pvp是沒辦法吸引太多玩家
    solo不是mmo的終旨
    你希望遊戲平衡就不要讓"任何一個職業"可以solo
    官方不希望法師可以solo但是卻默許戰士solo的行為就是不平衡的開始
    法師雖然可以遠距離攻擊可以aoe
    但是代價就是傷害只有戰士的1/10或更少
    現在的SotA就是這個生態
    法師又要背負較高讀取時間,較高的focus消耗,低防禦力,詠唱中斷的風險
    換來只是戰士1/10或更少的傷害
    戰士除了不能遠距離aoe以外所有的攻擊傷害都比法師優秀數倍
    如果法師只能淪落到選擇火焰魔法
    如果法師只能支援(?)戰士
    如果法師花費數億經驗值只能換到戰士1/10傷害
    這遊戲何必需要法師?直接通通改為戰士就好了
    遊戲也不用叫SotA了,改名叫SAO如何?
    SotA現在這種甚麼職業都弱小只有戰士最強的情況我早就在15年以前的遊戲中看過了
    最後的結果就是玩家背棄遊戲瞬間倒閉
    如果這是LB的希望這是克里斯的目標
    我可以說你們離成功不遠了
    否則
    現在停止還來的及
    不要再亂改了
    最後再說一次
    如果官方對法師的強弱只在PVP而非PVE
    請把SotA直接成FEZ或是OverWatch
    否則再這樣雜亂無章的修改只會連玩家都被改跑了而已

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  14. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

This guy gets it! Buff Taming! :)

15. Snakyy

Snakyy Avatar

We have more magic nerf coming people! Latest developers talk said magic get more beating with nerf bat. Enjoy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.