Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Courage can be frigid quest - entering mystical looking-glass

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by ShadowRage, Jun 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. randy93552

randy93552 Avatar

I went to the trouble of carrying my skulls with me and standing on the blue floor and got the same, "you don't have the knowledge". Message.

Please fix!

Razimus likes this.
  2. Ondar

Ondar Avatar

Same here in 805 I have "Through the Mystical Looking-glass" and "Courage Can Be Frigid" entries in journal (got that 1st one by telling Esmeralda "step two" like 100 times and then 3rd mirror opened) but still cant go through floor mirror "You do not have the required knowledge" :( Looks like nice game but very buggy.

Razimus likes this.
  3. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

So I wasted just 2 hours for nothing trying to figure what I missed before I stumbled over that thread. Confirming that this happens in German localization too.

Later in Resolute I found, that the Thrught the Mystical Looking-glass quest disappeared - so I returned - which was another wasted, although shorter time. (I was hoping the same issue like the Lucky Leather quest, which only completes, if you temporary leave the map after turning in the leather peaces to the kids.)

*Salute*
    Olahorand
    The Headless Rebel Duke

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

If someone can figure out the exact keyword that will bring up her prompt for the echo essence, that would be awesome.

But I don’t think she can right now. :(

5. Duke Olahorand

I have the echo essence in my backpack already which should be all you need to go through, given the other steps are completed (skulls, mirrors, ghostly echos). Not sure if the bug is a result of taking the "wrong" sequence of completion, since I did skulls - ghostly echos - mirrors).

Razimus likes this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

You need to give her that essence, then you can go through the last mirror. Also all the text in this quest is all buggy as hell. It’s a disaster really.

7. Duke Olahorand

In the quest she says, she attunes the essence to you. And a walkthrough video I bothered to look shows, that the essence is still in the backpack at a later stage.

Jaesun and Alley Oop like this.
  8. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

Any notes for this NUE/Banner/Virtue path quest @DarkStarr?

Razimus likes this.
  9. addrox

addrox Avatar

I have this same issue ... please fix already submitted a bug. So aggravating ...

Razimus likes this.
  10. Fred Bolger

Fred Bolger Avatar

I have the same bug, also two friends of mine. Please try to fix it, thank you!

Razimus likes this.
  11. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Stuck in the same spot as the rest of you. Standing on mirror with my ghostly Echo Essense and attuned unable to enter the mirror..

Razimus likes this.
  12. tremw

tremw Avatar

Also have the same error. can't confront blowhard and start "all the mirrors", but was able to start courage can be frigid using the final step keyword. Can't use the floor mirror, can't confront blowhard still.

Razimus likes this.
  13. MANTACO

MANTACO Avatar

Also having this issue, started it months back and took a break to come back to it broken. :<
    Talking to her no keywords progresses the quest & I have the shard / wall mirrors work.
    The floor mirror says two things depending on where you click, middle says i don't know enough & the top right says I don't even have the shard.

"This is it! I have all the components to enter the large looking glass..." etc is what my quest log says :<

07/17/2018 17:57
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4) System RAM: 8134
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4043
    SotA.Win.64.806.Date.07.16.18
    Area: Novia_R6_Hills04_01
    Area Display Name: Highvale Outskirts
    Loc: (28.0, 100.2, -333.8)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfSGlsbHMwNF8wMXx8KDI3Ljk2MywgMTAwLjE3OSwgLTMzMy43OTUpfCgwLCAwLjE5MywgMCwgLTAuOTgxKXwzMzguMDUyMnw0MC44NTEwOXw0LjY0ODkzOQ==

Razimus likes this.
  14. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Same. Really liked this quest over all quests in the game so far. Except the ending being cut short due to this bug.

[​IMG]

Xee and MANTACO like this.
  15. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Killed the blue Kobold and got the "Rogue Kobold Frostgeist Skull", it's a quest for the hunter, not the witch... will see if this lets me walk in the mirror

Nope still not enough "knowledge", will finish this hunter guy's quests to see if it does anything.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  16. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

If no one can beat the game anymore, it's because this quest is officially broken and unbeatable. I've spent more hours on this map than any other questing. Would be nice if you could fix it. My character wasn't created that long ago. Anyone could run through and see the same thing, it's broken.

[​IMG]

MANTACO likes this.
  17. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

You give her 2 skulls and the hexe stuff, she is the one that gives you the "Ghostly Echo Essence", with that you're supposed to be able to go through the big floor mirror which no one can currently do because it's broken

MANTACO and Jaesun like this.
  18. addrox

addrox Avatar

Nothing like wanting new players to come into game and hoping one of the FIRST interactions in the game does not BUG out!!!

Just like my avatar you have been: 0000oooOOO000ooooOOoooOoOooooo 'd

19. Santa Clause

Santa Clause Avatar

I responded in one of the threads about this issue about how I fixed this for myself a while ago. Has anyone gone back and tried to select the keywords about the various steps from both the selections at the bottom and inside the text box? I don't remember which one worked for me but I normally click the keywords underneath the box and someone had suggested clicking the keywords inside the dialogue box and that actually gave me a different result.

I also got stuck in a few other quests going through and I believe actually typing the keywords worked in some instances when clicking the same word did not work.

Jaesun likes this.
  20. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Tried all the keywords she offered. step 1-3 she tells me were past that. final step she says we have one more thing to do. Journal says same as above. I have the Ghostly Echo Essence and she says I was attuned but the mirror will not let me pass. Stuck 100% on this. I have not tried to confront the traitors guy on this as she said not too. which is the only thing I have not done as of yet. not sure that is the requirement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.