Summary

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Humbert_Humbert, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

Hell everyone, I wasn't able to watch the livestream (baby aggro). Can anyone give a summary of the big points?

Money raised?
    Major changes or updates coming?

Thanks

2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

$84,000+ raised so far (There's a ticker on the Main Page)... All monies collected until Midnight NBT count toward stretch goals.

Q3 is still about Bug Fixes and Polish.
    • The only Major reveal was there is to be a "Dungeon Construction System" that will be available to Avatars to build their own dungeons in-game... A set (presumably large) of craftable pieces that can then be linked together to form underground labyrinths... Potentially very cool.
    • They've also put Vouchers to Buy, Move, and/or Move to Overland POTs for Episode 2 on the Add-On Store. There are a limited number (50) of each type of voucher. It is likely that these will represent all of the POTs placed and/or placeable on the new continent(s).
    It appears they've already sold vouchers for 20 New POTs, 9 Overland Accessible POT Transfers, and 18 Upgrades to Overland Access.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  3. Floors

Floors Avatar

They showed a before and after pic of what they expect to be able to improve once they can get on Unity 2018.2 with the programmable shader pipeline or whatever it is. And it looked good.

The Player made dungeons sounds absolutely awesome and I can't wait to start constructing mine underneath my hunting lodge.

They also let slip a little bit that fighting for Lord British's castle might be a thing with Castle defense.

4. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

Trolls!......In the Dungeon!

Barugon and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  5. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Wait...are dungeons for Ep. 2?

6. Floors

Floors Avatar

Make that one less POT :)

Getting very close to that Sword and Halberd now !!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  7. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Can we get someone to paraphrase specifically what was said about player-dungeons?

8. Floors

Floors Avatar

Yeah, they want to create tools for us to craft sections of dungeons that will not be decoratable that you can use to setup player dungeons and have things like spiders spawning and other monsters and traps that players could go through, including you. it sounded like they would be instanced like your basement. They showed a demo of how it would work, which reminded me of base building in no mans sky. Obviously very early on, but they said the hard technical work is mostly in place to allow it.

Fei Akhart and Magnus Zarwaddim like this.
  9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

My only concern is these are ONLY for PvP dungeons. If players can create these dungeons in either PvP or PvE that’s fine then. Or allow a PvP setting that matches the obsidian trials.

They did not specifically state that...

Albus likes this.
  10. Floors

Floors Avatar

Does anyone know if we made 90k or not ?

11. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

The post for the livestream has updated to 50K - https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=96370

So either it didn't reach 65K or the page isn't fully updated.

12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It was close to 90k before midnight.

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  13. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

Thanks everyone!

14. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

They did, actually... It's not PvP Only... You will be able to set PvE or PvP just like Basements are now. Additionally, you will be able to set a Level Cap for a PvP+ Dungeon.

This also ties into the long time desire by @Lord British to have 'Spawner' objects that are placable by Avatars to spawn mobs... These can be used to populate dungeons.

Caveat, or course, is that this is all still in the Concept stage, though @Chris stated that the heavy lifting for the basic tech required has already been done through the development of the current housing system.

The basic system would be a set of craftable pieces that would be rooms, corridors, etc. in various configurations, with 'attachment' points... You would build your entrance room, which would have some number of attachment points... Place a hatch to enter it like a normal basement... You would then craft the piece you wished to attach, and do so using the same basic deco interface that you use now.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  15. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

The total went well past 65K... When I woke up this morning, before I refreshed my screen, the total was at $88K+... So the question is did it reach 90K prior to Midnight.

Blackghost likes this.
  16. Hajias

Hajias Avatar

17. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Blackghost likes this.
  18. Floors

Floors Avatar

Bummer, wanted those LB weapons. Well, at least I’ll get to govern a town in the Ep 2 play area.

19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This just gets better and better. Now, here's hoping that it actually comes to fruition.

Jaesun likes this.
  20. Lilian Crosley

Lilian Crosley Avatar

They also mentioned:
    Placeable items in Adventure Zones, albiet with major limitations. In Castle Defense scenarios, certain areas would allow placeable items, such as walls, gates, catapults that could be destroyed by the opposing forces. These defense items would then need to be re-crafted before control is achieved.

Obsidian Trial currency, a coin for each kill, a medallion for winning a trial. Coins are spent on PvP consumable items, medallions on permanent items, emotes, patterns, etc.

I'd repeat that the team seemed quite confident that their plans involve leveraging existing systems and that the hard work had already been done.

[Erk. Alt acct. This is @Mugly Wumple ]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.