What's the playerbase like?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LordSunrise, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Coarse if they were just open about numbers... these posts would stop coming up weekly.

2. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

And perhaps it you can't achieve a base line of civility, you should reflect on your own advice and take it?

It wasn't an attack on the game, so relax.

Stundorn likes this.
  3. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

More like, under 1 K. 10K is way to much for that game.

Sir_Hemlock likes this.
  4. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

Your point?

Sir_Hemlock likes this.
  5. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

So long as they play a minimum of two hours a week, right?

evillego6, Azzamean and MrBlight like this.
  6. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

The numbers are relatively low. We have been told that Steam accounts for maybe 1/4 to 1/3 of the players. However, the game is designed to have only one world with no shards, so you will never be on the "unpopular server".

And the devs are cool, too.

Anyhow, it's free to try. The trial system basically just has low level caps, a limit of only one main story quest line, and trading from trial players is forbidden, all until you get a game key. Free trial is a bit "hard mode", but you can hang out all you want.

I prefer "moderately".

Witcheypoo likes this.
  7. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

What... OK, I'll explain it... The OPer asked a pointless question because SotA is a "selective multiplayer" game, that means NOT strictly an MMO... So if they're asking "How many ppl are playing this", then they haven't even bothered to play it, and are relying on other ppls opinions, I'm sure that they've purchased other games for far more money, just to find "they didn't like it", Just to uninstall it, then shelve the box... Or they're on "steam" and they just don't play it...

So, I'll answer again: I play everyday now, But I'm in SPO, so you won't see me anywhere (IMO, about 50% of the players play offline or SPO)... I enjoy running a vendor, and watching the communities evolve their player houses, So, I strickly play SPO (single player online)...

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  8. redfish

redfish Avatar

I don't mean to stir up trouble with this comment, but its possible that two or more concurrent accounts are owned by the same player. I'm not making a low estimate. I'm just sayin' I don't think we have any reliable numbers to go by. The devs might, though.

If the OP is asking if whether there are enough players online to have a good MP experience and group with others, find things for sale, etc., I think so.

I think the current issues with that are more mechanical than numerical. So, its not as common as one might like to see players in towns, because people will stay out of multiplayer mode for various reasons. Economically, I don't think its always easy to find vendors selling what you like because even though there are a lot of vendors, the mechanics for the market in the game don't really provide good communication between sellers and buyers.

Nonetheless, these are issues that the game can improve on with time, and I think the player base also has a potential to grow if the game were to improve on them.

In the mean time, there are plenty of people grouping, selling and buying, doing events, RP etc, so you can make a lot out of the game with a multiplayer experience.

Solazur, Elwyn, Witcheypoo and 2 others like this.
  9. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

Seems to be plenty playing, still far more playing regular client than steam. Some members of our guild recruited around 20+ new players today including couples, which we seem to have quite a bit of. There are plenty of players if you know how to look and where to look and realize that even then, you'll not get a good headcount of everyone due to private instancing and offline mode players as well, who you may never see in the same area. However, if you'd like to see more people near you, just open your "nearby player" window (numpad "0" key) or check social panel under groups if you're looking to group or looking to see if anyone has groups out there. Seems to be a steady influx of new players despite the low numbers criticisms.

10. raxxus

raxxus Legend of the Hearth

Probably around 200-250 online at any given moment.

11. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

So, basically no one uses the launcher ever?

Solazur and Brugas like this.
  12. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

That's extremely low... you'll see just that many, or more, hanging around (overworld) Brittany with your "nearby players" window open, let alone other areas.

13. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

There are vastly more people playing this game then the doom and gloomers say. Most people dont play on steam.

I have put hundreds of hours in Tears groups in the past few months and seen thousands off different players in groups. Every group I get in (8 hours+ today), half the people are brand new names.

I saw 100 names today that I've never seen before today alone.

Thats real world playing data for you right there.

Many of the hard core social engineers that attack this game haven't even played the game in years to the point that most the stuff they claim now doesn't even apply to the game today in release (ya, maybe 2 years ago when it was 50% complete).

Try the game for yourself, message me in game "starman" if you have questions, I'll even drag you into a tears group for some quick xp to help you out.

14. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I have to agree @2112Starman here.
    I play less, but i see more people around ever since.

Vladamir Begemot and Brugas like this.
  15. redfish

redfish Avatar

Can I message you and ask you questions too?

Stundorn likes this.
  16. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

When you join it be everyone else +1

Stundorn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.