I want to display everything! I get or have if i want!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by blaquerogue, Jul 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

All this stuff i get in travels would be great if i could place it in my house, if i want to put a skinning knife on a shelf i should be able too, if i have a quest item i should also be able to place that etc...The furniture and stuff i see in dungeons i would like to take and place in my house etc....

We did this in UO, everything was place able, so much that people designed cool stuff with just placing items!

Please Port let us grab whatever we want from dungeons etc...! and place them on our property!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    Vaiden Luro, Ataniiq, MANTACO and 8 others like this.
  2. Iver_88

Iver_88 Avatar

You have right I have inventory full of useless crap like rewards from main quests. I cant salvage pattern from them, cant enchant them, cant place them to manequine (is not in game too) or on the table. This is really shame Portalarium. You are saying that this game is playable in offline too, bit I can't imagine masochist who can play it solo and offline without essential single player RP features. And with worst quests I have seen in my whole gaming life... Of course there is lot of MMORPGs with worst quests, but you are presenting this game like offline one as well.

3. Floors

Floors Avatar

Yeah, I agree. I really enjoy displaying rare things in the house.

We need craftable dummies and be able to put armor on dummies and have it look good, and the quest item stuff, like the armor sets.... that needs to be decoratable with. It seems bad that we can't have a way to prevent trading of items still even when you place in a house.

Because player armor sets are so much better than the quest armors, they've become kind of useless and I don't even want to get anymore sets because it will be in my inventory forever.

Vaiden Luro, Ataniiq, MANTACO and 3 others like this.
  4. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

They've been working toward this goal steadily since... forever...
    Long standing desire... @Bzus even mentioned it in the Livestream... We'll get 'em eventually.
    Patterns, Man. :)

5. Floors

Floors Avatar

You can make patterns of the Fiona Fitzowen armor and or the Conrad Dupre Armor ? And the Courage set ?

6. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Hrmmm... I'm not positive, but you probably ought to be able to... Hover Over and see if the Tool Tip says it will yield an Eternal Pattern when salvaged.

Barugon and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  7. Floors

Floors Avatar

No, that's what I'm advocating for. That is the issue, in essence, we get these cool armor sets that are unique and that represent an in game achievement, that neither can be placed as decorations (well, at least the Fiona stuff can't) NOR yield eternal (or normal) patterns... So sad....

8. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

[​IMG]

9. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

I’m discovering there are many items that cannot be placed in the game world as decos.

For example, many food items (eg. piece of apple pie), many resource items (eg. iron ingot), and many other items found in the game world.

It would be nice if any item could be placed as decos in the game world. And actually look different. And not just a quick reuse of the same graphic for a whole class of items (eg. why do all the cooked food items look like a pie?).

It’s understandable that since this is just aesthetics it will never have the same priority as other things like fixing quest system or adding new content or features, but I think it’s one of those relatively easy game fixes that has high impact, imho.

Item collecting, hoarding, and displaying is what this game is about! At least to me, lol! :)

10. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

There are thousands and thousands of deco items in game... They've consistently been working toward your desired end state for quite some time... Those items you're lamenting not having available as Deco with unique visuals, would first need a unique 3D model produced... Introducing a new Recipe into the game for "Woodchuck's Chuck Roast" is data shoved into a Database... Making that Recipe so that you can put it on a table and have people walk by and go: "Oh, Look... Woodchuck's Chuck Roast... That has a killer buff!" is quite a bit more work...

11. redfish

redfish Avatar

Still want to be able to display orbs ;> They need to be placeable, there are already models for them in the game for when you hold them. We need orb stands, desk stands and floor stands. Plus book stands, same; desk stands and floor stands.

12. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

True. It’s straight forward work, but still tedious and time consuming (unique 3d model & texture).

On the positive side, I bet there’s enough items that need work to keep someone employed indefinitely!

13. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I suggest port gets on it then! I mean they constantly make stuff for telethons, and even if i had "Rufus DAsperti Rump roast" it could be displayed in a bowl like the spice bowls just a different color! Im tired of excuses since they create stuff all the time any how for telethons.

14. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

We can already place almost any item as deco now (even a skinning knife or some quest rewards that are meant to be a deco item). The majority of things that we can't place either don't have the artwork done yet or they are quest items... which they don't allow to be placed to prevent transfer of the quest item between characters.

Other things that are unique to an account may also not be placed for the same reason. For example, you can place a POT Row Lot Deed as a deco item - which looks like a scroll of paper... but you can't place the Row Lot Deed quest reward that you receive for completing the storyline quest. The visual of the object would be the same so that one isn't an art issue. They just don't want you to trade it, so it isn't flagged as deco to prevent it.

Any item that is has yellow or red colored text for the name will not be flagged as deco.

Vaiden Luro and Woodchuck like this.
  15. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I'd prefer they spend their limited resources on more important things.

Vaiden Luro likes this.
  16. Floors

Floors Avatar

:p

1 hour duration
    +10 int
    -10 str
    Combat health +0.5
    Combat focus +0.5

blaquerogue likes this.
  17. Floors

Floors Avatar

It would be nice to display food wouldnt it...

blaquerogue likes this.
  18. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Like what? I mean we already have food that can be displayed, meat on hooks, meat on tables, veggies laying around, not to complicated to re color and rename! I feel port has been wasting resources on stuff already, with all the junk loot. The junk loot is stuff in game already renamed and re colored to be rusty or worn looking!

Vaiden Luro likes this.
  19. redfish

redfish Avatar

I think if we're talking about stuff for the 3d artists that are still working there, a lot of the stuff that we own but can't display would also be good for NPC shops and story content, as well as player shops. For example, if I'd want to build a magic shop, I'd put up some orbs on a table, put some scrolls in a scroll shelf, gems for display, etc.

20. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Id come visit your shop! So until then im not going there! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.