Gold Mining Spot?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scoffer, Jul 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Since Etceter is going to be out of reach for most of us next release anyone know of any other places for gold ore?

Long time ago it used to be graff but think it was mainly copper up there and not sure how its changed.

Nelzie likes this.
  2. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

Graff has pretty good gold in the bottom level. Along with quite a few gem nodes and earth elementals.

Boo Ladedada and discipleofweb like this.
  3. Nietzsche

Nietzsche Avatar

What’s happening with Etceter next release?

amarious likes this.
  4. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

• Aether Liches: These cometary influenced undead have been sighted in Penmawr Island, Deep Ravenswood, Etceter Crag Mines, and The Fall.

Arianna, FrostII, amarious and 4 others like this.
  5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

I will bring my noob avatar there and solo farm them with my pickaxe! j/k

6. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

Gives a good chance to see how my build works against... more difficult mobs, I suppose...

I still need piles and piles and piles of silver to keep working at my Masterwork skills.

7. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

My guess is if you leave the barrier up and only mine the first three levels it should be no problem.

Deep Ravenswood is another story - bring a party since it is a very tough mob.

Sentinel2 likes this.
  8. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

You can't get very much gold out of Graff, sadly, the respawn is very slow. Etceter was really the only 'good' gold mining spot in the game, other than those two places its dribs and drabs from outdoor scenes.

@discipleofweb Only mining the first couple levels of Etceter again, isn't a great option, you'll get as much iron as you will gold and the nodes are spread out and respawn is slow - sometimes you'll break down a wall, kill 4 mobs and have a single node to mine on the higher floors. Then you'll come back 15 minutes later and there will be a different single node to mine. I've done several tests in Etceter after the Ely change to optimize gold mining route and without that 4th floor the reduction in gold mining is considerable.

Etceter Crag Mines actually got 'extra' gold nodes added to it to compensate for the gold being removed from Elysium. Ironically, those gold nodes are all on the 4th floor...right under the lich room.
    Given the number of players who have needed my help even to kill the -existing- 1k hp lich for the quest, putting a 20k hp aether lich in that room essentially cuts of all access to these new, compensation ores.

Hopefully this will be considered and the lich can be put in some new hallway somewhere that doesn't interfere with the mining route. Mining is a solo activity, its not reasonable to bring a full group down to clear a boss monster and then have 7 people leave every time you want to go gold mining.

Alternatively I'd suggest that the "compensation" gold nodes be moved up to the 1st or 2nd floor instead.

Elwyn, Chatele, Woodchuck and 6 others like this.
  9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

10. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

The 4th floor was changed a few releases ago so that it spawned gold ore because it was seen as not producing much. Going back to cutting off the 4th floor and 2 rooms on the 3rd floor means it would go back to being nonviable as a mining spot.

11. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I have had no issue running in the room, dancing around the pit while I try to break the rocks, and jumping down the hole without having to kill the liches, is that no longer an option after next release?

12. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Going on what people have been saying about QA the new lich can crit you for 1k.

13. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Wow, yeah that could complicate things...

14. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Is it confirmed that the aether lich is located in the Nyrond room behind the barriers? If so, is Nyrond still there also? Just curious how the death magic quest will work now.

Violette Dyonisys likes this.
  15. Sylence

Sylence Avatar

16. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

I'm adventure level 112, have 139 GMs and fully buffed I'm able to reach 49 resist, 86 avoid using Shield of Crystal, Celestial blessing, Earths Embrace, Defensive Stance, Glancing Blow, Parry and Fortify Defenses and I still get this:

[​IMG]

He also has 21,000 HP and spawns with the boss that is needed for the quest to learn summon lich. (just replaces the mage)

@Chris @DarkStarr
    Please reconsider this. Putting in group content in a mine essentially rules that mine out of a viable mining spot. With only 2 gold mines available and the fact that the new lich spawns with the boss that is needed for a quest is a really bad move.

Consider putting it behind one of the destroy able walls so that miners can at least decide to not open that section rather than making 2 mining spots and the entire 4th floor (which was added to increase gold ore when Elysium was redone to balance the nodes) inaccessible.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    Elwyn, Chatele, Woodchuck and 10 others like this.
  17. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

They don't have to put it behind a wall. There is that one room at the end of a hallway with nothing in it. Instead of turning right to go to the loch room and to the level 4 exit, you turn left and follow the hall. (At least I think that's the spot.) there's enough room there to fight the lick as a group. Or if you extend the hallway, you could turn it into a longer fight by fighting a mix of undead,with more and more liches as you get nearer the end and the boss.

kaeshiva likes this.
  18. Arianna

Arianna Avatar

This is disappointing, more and more areas are becoming no go zones for me each new release.

Chatele likes this.
  19. Fauxpas

Fauxpas Avatar

im farming plains encounters for gold, forest ones for silver.

Nelzie likes this.
  20. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

How much gold ore do you get per encounter?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.