Power Jump ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sylence, Jul 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sylence

Sylence Avatar

Did they change power jump? I cant hold down SPACE any longer to charge my jump?

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Yes, during R53:

3. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Bad change imo.

4. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

You can change that in the options.. Stop complaining so much.

5. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Cool, thanks.

I dont complain, i dont take SotA serious anymore i just play the each other day.
    Why so many feel attacked if some express there opinion and pov and is critic about some things in the game?

Relax! If i like x and you like y and we discuss, nobody need to exxagerate and begin teaching me what i have to do or what not.

Even if i would complain, why bother?

You can shut down the game right now, i dont care, because i only play a little bit , because i like some things about SotA and i have my stuff i enjoy , but the general game design i dislike.
    That's not complain , it's a fact i can deal and live with very well, it's not my life .
    Some people take it too serious i guess .
    The way they express their vulnerabity imo show how weak they are in truth.
    That's also said for Moderation former times. They need to shut you down and voice over any constructive criticism because the positive cannot stand against the critics.

6. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

I do not mind discussion, I do respect everyone's opinion.
    But its with every post I read from you I noticed its mostly complains.

7. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

So just for your information as the thread is going off topic :)
    You can change the charge jump in the options, so that you have the old jump mechanics back.

8. Jorhoto

Jorhoto Avatar

holding down space to jump was very counter intuitive, I think it was a good change. But I don't take it serious any longer either.
    What a pity of 17M :D

9. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I'm a Reggae dude playing in a Band , i hate complaining, but this is not my mother language , i criticise SotA for some aspects (grind, power disparities, no interdependencies) and i like it for beeing very immersive, cool emotes to roleplay with, music, books, deco and housing, combat , Decksystem...
    I dont use the forum to sugarcoat , if you go back some time you can find positive, thankfull and hype threads by me.
    I still recommend the game on Steam and have a positive Review.
    I use the forum to say my opinion on things i want to improve or change y because i know why friends left or why a lot of people left who would like it more the way i express or try to explain here and there.
    To bring something further it's mostly nit helpfull to say it's all good and fine, but to point on things that aren't popular.
    I'm convinced the people who like the points i criticise or in your ears complain about are a minority , because the majority has already left.
    I yesterday was called a SotA Fanboy by a friend who bought me here and left, because he dislikes too what i bring on the table. A long time UO Player who also funded this game.

10. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Cool its beeing an option.
    I allways liked the old way to jump and will switch it.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Feeyo like this.
  11. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

What happened to that nice and friendly guy, I almost do not recognize him any more. We have grown so much apart since these years..

12. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Oh that's easy, people called on me, banned me, because of my opinion about death decay (pro) and from day one on arguing about pvp balance and have the game more sandbox rpg like like UO.
    To me the skillsystem like it is setup is anti Roleplay, and creates no interdependencies and a huge power gap between players. I feel locked of of content and i dont understand why it has to be that way. Biggest argument is effort = reward and i'm just not into that meritocracy thing. I like the way Sea of Thieves creates a sandbox where everybody from day one can partake and everybody is forever equal strong. I dont want that for SotA , but i sure would like to have some balance and to be able to become competetive. But the way to get to that is exhausting and although i tried to Ski fire, death and all the things i dont want to skill dont want to use , i lost identification with my healer and watermage , i adapted further and further until i quit just before release. Now i returned to see what was done and i end up the same as before.
    But i dont take it thst serious anymore and try to have fun with what i can have fun with.
    If i'm honest progress was never a thing i liked. I liked interaction in a sandbox , pvp but fair and balanced. If someones playerskill is better than mine i grant that, i maybe want to learn from. But if it is only about grind and how many hours i play, what i in general dont judge or rate, it feels wrong for me about competetive content like economy and pvp.
    I get attacked more and more for expressing my opinion, a german player who know nothing about me was told i am the badest troll around and such.
    I still have 1-3 friends here or people i know from playing the game who have no problem with me.
    You need to know the german community is more or less dead and i asked if i am welcome again, but i'm not :D
    Ok not by all. I'm still welcomed in Drachental, but i'm banned in Drachenfels and not welcomed in Dracheninsel. I just asked and got an answer. I appreciate that.
    So what happened ?
    The game is 50/50 for me and not for me, same for community or players i guess.
    Ok, thats normal somehow.
    I just express what i dislike and what i know some real friends of mine and workmates tell me if i try to convince them to try SotA or come back, because they already played it and have funded it too. They are the sort of players who like SWG and UO or Legends of Aria. In short hard caps for balancing, tree limitations for interdependencies and RP aspects.
    And building a role or class out of the classless system. Hybrids , but also classic melee tank not using any magic or vice versa like i started as pure Mage, not using any weapon.
    You can do, but regarding sandbox interaction and pvp you make a fool of yourself .
    This opinion and pov you have seen by yourself you cant express without beeing attacked and called a troll only complaining ;)

13. Gix

Gix Avatar

I, for one, was asking for the change as I’m always going to push for responsive controls.

The delay between hitting spacebar and jumping is unintuitive and feels unresponsive because of it.

They could’ve fixed it by adding a charging bar to the jump so that we’d see that the jump is being registered but having the option to either method is okay in my book.

That’s the kind of options that the options menu need to have... as opposed to seeing numerical values on health bars because it’s not an option if you need it on to either be competitive in PvP or know the strength/level of your opponent (it’s anti-RP)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.