Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Bouncey Double Press/Double Tap/Jittery Movement [Duplicate]

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by stephenrd, Jul 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stephenrd

stephenrd Avatar

07/24/2018 18:34
    Title: Double Press/Double Tap/Jittery Movement
    Reproduction Rate: 75%
    Blocker?No
    Details: When holding a direction key the character appears to start and stop rapidly, as though the key were being pressed and released rapidly. This results in the character doing actions like combat rolls (when in combat) or sprinting (when running normally in peace mode) or just jerkily moving in the pressed direction.
    The problem is not limited to the keyboard, similar behavior is periodically resulting from holding the mouse.
    I've tried three different keyboards, one of which was bluetooth. All experience the problem.
    Steps to Reproduce:press forward while in or out of combat.
    Here is a video (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/288822116) where I just use the A, S, D, and W to move around with a single press in any direction. The movement is stuttery, and in combat the character rolls.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz (4) System RAM: 24046
    GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 3GB/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 3072
    SotA.Linux.64.808.Date.07.19.18
    Area: Kingsport
    Area Display Name: Kingsport
    Loc: (151.7, 24.8, 120.7)
    Debug: S2luZ3Nwb3J0fHwoMTUxLjY2NiwgMjQuODIxLCAxMjAuNjU2KXwoMCwgMC40NzksIDAsIDAuODc4KXw4NzguMjMyN3wyNi42MTE1N3w3LjAyNjYxOA==

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@stephenrd, are you launching the game through the launcher or steam, or going straight for the executable yourself? see here

3. stephenrd

stephenrd Avatar

I invoked it directly. I saw that other shell script in there, and I had used it to see if maybe it fixed Chinese input, but it didn't. Then I went back to using the executable directly.

Relaunching the game via the shell script (which appears to just clear out the XMODIFIERS variable) does fix the problem. So either I need to clear that variable before launching or I need to launch with the shell script.

Thanks @Alley Oop !

Alley Oop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.