Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Arbitrarily resizing the game window

Discussion in 'Release 55 Feedback' started by stephenrd, Jul 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stephenrd

stephenrd Avatar

Please please please bring back the ability to resize the window to arbitrary dimensions!

Now I can only pick from the preset dimensions via the option menus. I'm a Linux player and I had hotkeys for resizing the window, but now that it doesn't let the user resize it (other than the options menu) my hot keys don't work.

It was bad enough when the game started restacking itself and I could no longer have other windows overlapping my game window without setting them to be always on top or forcing the game to stay on bottom, but since I could resize it, I could stack other windows around the game window. Now there's a ton of wasted space if I pick a preset size that's too small, and not enough space if I pick a preset that's too large.

Anyway, love the game, hate this new default, I know it's a small thing, but I'd really like to get this feature back and it seems like this is just a checkbox setting in Unity, so it should be easy enough to re-enable.

Lained likes this.
  2. Lained

Lained Avatar

Is this as of patch 806?

3. stephenrd

stephenrd Avatar

I believe so.

4. Lained

Lained Avatar

In that case I'll wait for a new patch, hopefully they'll fix it.

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

to my recollection, it's always had a rather limited number of presets in the in-game video settings, but i can right-click on the window title bar, click resize, and make it any size i wanted and have it adapt correctly under xfce. is this a specific de/wm having an issue?

edit: okay, just had this show up on the new qa client, after a scene load, when the mouse did an odd bit of jerking and dragged the window half off the screen when i didn't want to. now missing maximize option, too. restarting the client fixed it, but i am wary of it happening again.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  6. stephenrd

stephenrd Avatar

I thought it was fixed in 808, but it seems not to be the case. I was able to resize the window last run when I launched the executable directly, but not this time. It also reset my defaults, so perhaps there's something in the config that requires exiting and relaunching before it will allow resizing again.

Update: It appears that you cannot resize it on first launch after the profile has been reset and it was running at full screen. Turning off fullscreen, exiting the game, and relaunching it enables resizing it again.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.