Gold Mining Spot?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scoffer, Jul 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

You can squeeze out upwards of 7 to 12 ore with meticulous mining hitting well in an encounter. Sometimes more, rarely less. Mostly in the Bandit and Undead encounters in the hilly roadside. Much less in the Corpion and other encounters.

2. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

See, when I'm talking about a viable mining spot I'm looking for somewhere in the region of 300 ores an hour like you can get currently.

Chatele likes this.
  3. Fauxpas

Fauxpas Avatar

i didnt mean to imply its viable for you, just thought id throw it in there.
    i generally dont like the mines much... way too much running around involved, the mobs respawning in most cases faster than the nodes and a way higher density of mobs vs node distribution makes me prefer encounters. also the last time ive been in a mine been around AL40 i think, so it was a lot of fighting for me for little gain in ore per hour. this might have changed with increasing AL (68 now), but dont know, kinda prefer open areas over tunnels ;).

4. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

You should try the new elysium, its very open place to mine (silver and copper though)

Fauxpas likes this.
  5. Fauxpas

Fauxpas Avatar

thanks, ill try that. i just started playing again recently, my AL40 experience goes back to r33 ^^.

6. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I wish they'd leave the darn mines alone, and put the bosses somewhere else.....

7. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

There are 4-6 silver or gold ore nodes, depending on the base encounter scene.

8. Deana Beretta

Deana Beretta Avatar

To be fair, the Crag mines are fairly difficult as they are. At adventure level 95, I still struggle to make it to the mines entrance from the foothills. Once inside, I have no issues (as a melee focused adventure level 95 character), but if you can't handle 2-3 T5 enemies at a time, you're better off finding somewhere else to mine. The lich room that is live today is yet another hurdle (one that I can manage, but it's certainly a step up in difficulty from the upper floors). To introduce an aether lich here (at least from what I've seen of the beast in test) makes the bottom floor of the mine completely inaccessible to solo players. While yes, this counts as new content (I love me some new content), it also needs to count as removal of content. As @Chatele pointed out above, these new creatures (again, yay! new content!) should be placed better. Put them somewhere more remote. Think of the room in the spectral mines where the bunny spawns. You have to work to get there, and it doesn't cut you off from another section of the game.

9. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Agreed. I'm excited about the new Lich however after testing it last night, clearly this is a new BOSS that could put Torc down IMO.

At one point I just ran in, punched through the floor in the lich room and ran to level 4... eventually. Took a few tries.

Basically that new lich makes the 'balanced' gold ore in level 4 unaccessible to most miners. I'm nearly Adv. Level 100 and with buffs I was getting trashed. Then there is the question about completing the Death Magic quest for the Lich spell. To take both down would require a team. Unless you are extra special :)

Matt Harris likes this.
  10. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

It's only until R57, though, right? Not to imply that makes it better; it's still effectively making an area off limits to solo players for a month.

11. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

It's not been said whether they are temporary or permanent content, at least that I've seen so far.

12. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

In the R56 feedback section, Darkstarr has said that the Lich was removed from the mine. He didn't say where though.

13. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

My understanding was that they were a result of the comet, and the comet will be at it's closest point to New Britannia during R56. I suppose I could have inferred that to mean they would disappear after. Though, that would make their artifacts and components exceedingly rare.

14. Deana Beretta

Deana Beretta Avatar

Maybe the comet is not corrupting the monsters, but instead corrupting some monster spawners. That way they occasionally spawn an aether beast, and even though the comet is moving further away, the damage has already been done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.