Hardcore (UOish) Mode possible?

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Stundorn, Jul 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katu

Katu Avatar

I try my best to not sound rude. But read my post and OP post again.

Another mode. It would not have any effect to your xp and items.

Its a suggestion.

blaquerogue and Bambino like this.
  2. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

Add this to the stretch goal store... I'd get everyone and my dog to push for it. I don't have a dog, so I'd go buy one and get him on board too. Seriously though.

There is a reason why Ultima Online servers are still popular despite being a well aged game. UO Forever has over 1000 players on average. It has no Trammel. Yes there is a lot of people that multi-client in UO. However, we do have quite a bit of people that multi-client in SotA as well. Legends of Aria, currently in close beta. Has similar guard mechanics and more Trammel safe like guard zones. Both games pull in more viewers on Twitch than SotA. Both could also be considered niche games.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  3. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Ok going to break this down a little better, for better understanding, i really think there is a point being missed....here goes

Another mode by itself, you have to make a character for that mode only. (You cannot play the same character you play in what we have now) so unlike single player (party mode) were you can switch to online mode with same character at any time.
    in Pvp hardcore mode that particular character cannot be switched to any other mode. There is already pvp type rewards in obsidion trials that only work for pvp there, that is a system all itself that could be put in "Hardcore PVP mode. Anything that goes on there doesnt effect anyones game in other modes (the mode your clinging too) they are separate, its a mirrored world to what your used too, but there are different rulesets here for pvp only. It could be an option. It probably would bring some more people aboard as well.

Also port could start stretch goal for 20.00usd for people that want this and use that money for this purpose only. If the stretch goal is not met at least youll have some items for obsidian trials. Armor or so forth that has stats for that purpose. Based on who buys that should give insight on how many people want it in general

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    Bambino likes this.
  4. Nietzsche

Nietzsche Avatar

You can do this in the game already.

1) create a guild called “UOmode” that everyone who chooses to play like this can join.
    2) keep an eye on your skill tree and only level skills to level 100, when skill is at 100 then lock the skill when you have 7 at 100 then lock all skills
    3) Roleplay with others in your guild that you are from UO and a 7x7 GM

5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Rollplay and pvp are diiferent, if you want to rollplay pvp, you cant get upset if somone drops you, that are not rollplaying with you in an open pvp world, theres already rp in the game from dancing to other events.
    Enjoy those! Dance away and emote your heart out.
    Bottom line is there needs to be an option for pvp players only, besides flagging in a non pvp dominated world what we have already.

Bambino likes this.
  6. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

This is why I wanted guild warfare like UO. You can go to war with other RP guilds, stay in character and not get attacked by people who do not RP. In UO warfare you are at war with only the guild you war (and allies if they have them). Here in SoTA you go to war with a guild and you are flagged open world pvp. I tried an experiment a while back to try to make a work around for this. I tried using the friends only, now I guess its called party mode. I was hoping to make a RP friends list and then we would all log in to friends mode. We could then war each other without grief. Problem is you can only flag pvp in multiplayer mode. So that idea did not work so well.

7. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

It could be called capped mode!

Bambino likes this.
  8. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Wow i havent seen you in awhile! Hit me up in pm i want to tell you about something!

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  9. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

sorry just got off work! will send a pm

10. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

hehe, very funny :p

As if skills were balanced to run a 7x template... if only it was this simple to capture an audience.

11. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Sorry i'm out.
    Dont have time and will to get into discussions like this.

Successfully taken down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.