Where did the colors for stats/health/mana go on the paper doll??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Falcon2, Jul 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falcon2

Falcon2 Avatar

Since the update "release 56" the only colored text on my paper doll is gold. I've looked in settings to find a button but I cant find one. It is really hard to see your avoidance/DMG resistance like this because the txt is grey and the back round is dark.... I hope this is a setting because I cant play like this :(

2. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

3. Tiberius Pendragon

Tiberius Pendragon Avatar

Yeah it is pretty dull, they said they want to get the UI in the background more and more. But like this it is just a matter of time and we will play sota in black and white xD.

MechStomp likes this.
  4. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

Apparently someone thinks this is better.

Tho I have seen may complaints no one is listening to all us older folks with eyesight problems.
    Most likely the majority of players are in this older age group (until we see stats that say otherwise)
    I'm going with everyone I have ever met IRL in this game and from what I have been told by many who I have talked to on that stat.

I have voiced my concerns on other post like this and I will here again.

The New Look Is NOT good for many of us.

Hard to see. Hard to read and hard to use.

Please reconsider this look.

Laz

5. Floors

Floors Avatar

Players complain about UI; they change the UI to address complaints.

Result : Players complain about UI.

Brugas and Chatele like this.
  6. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

Truthfully I don't recall hearing anyone complain about how the UI looked, but just wanting more functionality like a movable health bar and more available stats and stuff.

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I actually like it. :)

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i AM happy they removed the gold borders on everything, but that's not a text change.

MechStomp and Jaesun like this.
  9. Falcon2

Falcon2 Avatar

No one complained about the colored text tho, just the boarders where a bit boxy.

10. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

Solution: They just need to make it where you can edit the UI more yourself and colorize what parts of it you want and/or have it compartmentalized so you can move/keep what boxes of info you want up as well.

11. Gix

Gix Avatar

Players want it done right.

There were some people who commented that the black-&-gold looking UI made it more sci-fi than fantasy and that other games actually made an effort to have stylistic borders and such... of course, making any changes like this contradicts with the idea of being minimalist but there were some complaints on the visual presentation.

Now, like you point out, the main complaints on the UI is in its functionality. Recent additions (that I recall) were the extra (detachable, I believe) tabs in the chat window, the combat bar nesting over the non-combat bar and locking down items on the inventory. Nothing drastic but the changes are there. I think my biggest disappointment in this regard is how they told us that they were changing the UI... and all I saw was poor Scotty explaining that all his (limited) changes were done this way because he couldn't make drastic changes.

... yet all it did was make the UI dark and muddy.

12. Floors

Floors Avatar

I'm gonna go on record and say I have no problem with the new, less garish colors. I can still see the info just fine, as before.

I'd rather the way it is now than the getting drunk in a crayola box we had before.

In general, the new UI is less obstrusive than before, and it looks better now in R56 too. But I feel like it's one of those things that really could have waited, there are bigger issues to get resolved.... like quests, not being able to place rewards from quests you added in R54, that kind of stuff.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.