Raffle Winners?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mystarr, Jul 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

That's going to be true no matter what they do or do not do...

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  2. Tailz

Tailz Avatar

It is not a difficult task to do, letting the community know who won helps the community. People will always find a reason to complain but most people would appreciate some sort of notification and perhaps a list like before, for piece of mind if not anything else.

Woodchuck likes this.
  3. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

Or at least an official announcement that they wont be announcing winners from now on.
    Just so people know...

Woodchuck and majoria70 like this.
  4. redfish

redfish Avatar

I think delivering a notice in the game mail system makes sense no matter what else they decide to do.

After all, we purchase the tickets in-game from an in-game NPC selling them to us; not off the website or anything. So you would think whatever anyone won wouldn't just mysteriously show up in their bank without a notice. :D Its not how a raffle would work in real life. Immmmersion. ;)

5. AmethystSky

AmethystSky Avatar

The whole idea of not announcing winners is fundamentally wrong. It is a raffle and should have transparency.

6. Uncle Sven

Uncle Sven Avatar

Yes it does tell me if I have won. It does not tell me who has won. That is the information that would make me all warm and fuzzy on the inside.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  7. redfish

redfish Avatar

They could also put up a bulletin board in game near relevant buildings with a flyer listing the winners, if they want to go the in-game route.

Simon LeBon and Jaesun like this.
  8. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

LOL no need.. ELMO won! again ;p

9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yeah some automated system in place would be a good thing to keep this transparent.

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  10. Dominor666

Dominor666 Avatar

The only problem with not announcing the winners, is how do we know if it even took place

11. RobotBeginner

RobotBeginner Avatar

Maybe, after each Release's deeds drawing, one of our players make a forum thread in General Forum Section and ask the luck winners to report their name voluntarily. This will offload the job from our busy game officials.

12. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

I stopped wasting my igg and time on these raffles once I noticed it was mostly the same winners every release. If the intent of this raffle was to help people get a deed then only one raffle ticket of each type would be allowed per account. If you want to know who the winners are go over to the player marketplace and you will see who is selling deeds.

Never won anything in game and odds are never will either but got my pirate ship that will likely never sail and the POT City Water Lot with hard work so it’s all good. like the song by The Who “Won’t Get Fooled Again”. R/Boris/El Pirata

13. Floors

Floors Avatar

I'm not buying raffle tickets anymore because i've lost faith that they're being correctly run, or that I'd end up getting anything. I won a cloth map during R55 and have no idea when or if I can expect it. I know they're busy so it's all good, whenever it happens, but as others have said also, the lack of clarity isn't fun when you're on the other side of winning things. I trust it will work out in the end.

14. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

It would be helpful if someone could post each month to announce when the deeds have been awarded. Otherwise when we check and see nothing we don't know if:

a) They haven't been awarded yet... Check back over and over

b) They have been awarded and you didn't win, but since you don't even know if they have been awarded... Check back over and over

c) In the craziness of the update they forgot to hand them out... Check back over and over

A simple "Hey they have been awarded. You can check now" would be appreciated.

Alley Oop and Brewton like this.
  15. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I disagree, its a way to protect peoples privacy. Its actually weird that peoples winnings were posted publicly. We have no real "right" to know who won the lotto except the people who won them. how far do people want to go with this continued argument, should the devs start posting their bathroom schedules for "transparency"?

Even in telethons Port has said they wont "name" people in statistics like "who killed the most rabbits" for privacy.

But I agree that in the least they should communicate that the raffle has been done and results sent out to winners.

Here is a balance for all sides, if a person has checked the box to allow their info to be in public statistics, post that they won?

FYI: High chance this post is full of some typical instigators (for the record *SOME*, others are valid people with valid opinions). I saw this as a topic on that "other site" several days ago and some of the "usual" names are here.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    Brewton likes this.
  16. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

*wipes brow* I thought for sure you were going to bring up "social engineering" again.

I agree with you on the privacy part, but how come they use to post it until the layoffs? They did announce in a telethon which guild has recruited the most people in a month, so where is the privacy there? What if I didn't want my guild announced?

I think he meant transparent in that Port should just come out and say something.. anything... like "hey we don't have the manpower anymore to post this each month, but it is a random drawling" or "we found that many people did not want their names listed so we stopped listing them and just check your bank if you won." You know more along those lines. Just wondering and thinking out loud. lol

17. Floors

Floors Avatar

Oh, I dunno, maybe its' that there's still the same jobs to do and half the people to do it, so some stuff, like updating a 5 year old site whos commitments we've already completed, needs to take a back burner ?

My take : Kickstarter is over. You want info about the game, come here.

18. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

I talked to a few different people and the answers were interesting: some won with only one raffle ticket and nothing with many. There are still people buying tickets for hundred thousands of gold. Yes, this works too, that's math ;) So I trust in the correct drawing, no doubt!

Beside that I was hoping, the raffle should help people to get the possibility to win or upgrade a lot deed.
    So if someone won a Village deed he could win an upgrade, but not a further deed...

If someone would win again, only a higher deed would upgrade a current deed. No further deed possible.
    So every player could win only one deed in POT and / or anywhere with a (smaller) chance of upgrade.

The risk to buy raffles would be higher if owning a deed, but the chance to win for player without or only row deed would be higher. Just my point of view to help a lot of Players to take Part on housing and to prevent high prices on market because of WON deeds...

I only buy max. 2 tickets each R. If Luck will come, it comes ;) That's no business for me.

19. Floors

Floors Avatar

I think if people have won multiple, multliple times, it's time to bow out and give others a shot.

Also, there are still raffle tickets from old raffles in the game for sale for thousands of gold, and that could confuse new players that don't understand, especially with no winners announced.

Just put a moratorium on it until you can support it properly.

20. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Maybe won lot deeds could expire, too, after I don't use it? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.