1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Shroud's Status, Criticism, Healthy Debate, & the Future

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jul 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Of course. That is not what I said though. I said dissent which is the proper term for an argument. "The judge dissented the argument".

2. Floors

Floors Avatar

We're not arguing in the thread that tells us not to argue, are we ? By Temna's cloak.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  3. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I don't think we are arguing. I think we are discussing. I do not see anything out of control here.

4. Arlin

Arlin Avatar

Something that might help is a regular (like monthly) post that cycles through different aspects of the game(PvP, PvE, Crafting, Housing, etc.) addressing common complaints and criticisms and addressing near term goals, mid-term goals, and long term goals (this part could basically be copied every time with only minor updates).

For me specifically, I'm a crafter. It's super frustrating to me that crafting is a simplistic placeholder system(there are 18 unique skills across every production tree - if adventurer skills looked like this people would riot) and it's not acknowledged or commented on ever. There are obvious, glaring flaws that don't get dev comments and suggestion threads never get acknowledged. From my perspective it looks like you don't work on it and don't care and as it's a major game system that inevitably colors my perspective.

5. Max Bennis

Max Bennis Avatar

Thank you, @DarkStarr , for your sincere post.

Personally, I'm a player who keeps coming and going since the launch.(feels sorry for guildies for that :()

and kinda lost hope on SotA recently, it just didn't seem to get better, at least in my point of view.

but reading your words, I realize how much effort you guys are putting into this project, and what a struggle that must've been.

It really moved me and made me believe I'm with some of the most dedicated game developers I've ever met.

I'll stay from now on.

You have my support, Portalarium.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  6. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

another game I played did research and stated less than 30% of the player base visited the game forums more than once a month.

Vladamir Begemot and Max Bennis like this.
  7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Like the monthly release livestreams?

8. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

they try to stay away from addressing problems on live streams. Many questions have never been answered that have been asked.

9. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

There are 10 different complaints on the same topic in the game made by 10 different people with mostly radically different opinions. The devs of this game have had to ride fine lines for years. When they actually do answer "problems" it results in 50% of the population screaming about how great they are and the other 50% saying they are gonna quit. time and time and time again.

The devs have to stay out of the politics (PvP vs Pve, nurf or not nurf) and continue to support the game by facts, by science.

Good example: Meter storm is to powerful in Tears, 3 people stacking it take mobs out in seconds. Chris nurfs it back to reality.
    Bad example: Joe user was a moon mage is flaming the forums because Meteor storm was nurfed because thats his build and you ruined it.

This community is a bunch of cats and they will NEVER herd them. So people should continue to post your opinions but dont expect that any one else will agree with them including the dev's. In the end, its their game, they have a direction that they talk about it and we must live with what we got and where they are going.

10. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

are you speaking for Portalarium or are you just speculating your opinion?

11. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

sure both, if anyone disagrees with me saying that not everyone has the same opinion of this game, speak your mind below :)

I will speak for Port and say they probably agree to this.

Although Im not sure how one does this "speculating your opinion".

K1000 and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  12. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Oh, I just was not sure if you worked for Portalarium or not. If you take the liberty to speak for them I assumed so. If its just your word I am sorry but I am not going to take it at face value.

13. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

One thing I've seen occasionally is the JIRA number. Even though we can't see their JIRA system, at that point the reporter at least knows that it's something that's being worked on. Just "JIRA# 60506" really does go awfully far.

14. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

So then, I will assume since you are not taking me at face value that you believe that everybody here all have the exact same opinion of the game, no arguments?

My opinion was that everyone has different opinions which I will assert as an actual fact. You are disagreeing with that?

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  15. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I do not know much about JIRA. Does that list include things that might have been checked off and completed or does it drop the completed tasks off of that number? would be nice to see a list of the completed ones :)

16. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

you can assume what ever you want. There is a saying for that. I will not be going back and forth derailing this topic further.

17. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

well ok, but I will actually assert it as a fact that everyone here disagrees about all kinds of things about the game.

18. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

JIRA is the internal bug tracking system they use. I've used it before (it's a commercal product made by Atlassian), so I can say it does still list closed bugs for reference. That said, (to my knowledge) only Portalarium staff has even read access to it. The reason it's nice to see the bug number, is that at that point we know it's in the bug-traker and it won't just get lost at the next release when they move the feedback forum.

19. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

ahh yes, that would be nice to see. Thank you.

20. Arlin

Arlin Avatar

The monthly release livestreams are usually about stuff from the most recent release or previews of new areas. So no, not at all like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.