1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Shooter Jennings "Shooter" Album Release Party - July 31

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jul 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Umm, I did that and got no response from him. Guess there was just too many people there?
    :mad:

2. Smegatron

Smegatron Bug Hunter

I need to rant here a little bit... I tried to attend this event but got put in "Instance 2". No Shooter, no @DarkStarr, and @LordBritish was there for 3 minutes and said nothing. It appeared that only people in Instance 1 got to actually attend the event, and compete for the prizes. Super disappointing. There were a lot of other players that were also disappointed.

I was told to whisper @Atos to move to Instance 1, no response. I attempted to whispered the secret phrase to Shooter, no response.

I guess I understand that the instances may have limitations. But there should be plans for this. Maybe Shooter, DarkStarr and LB shoudl rotate between the instances? Maybe the prizes should be distributed fairly based in the different instances? This whole thing seemed more like a lottery than a music event.

Very disappointing.

3. Pifester

Pifester Bug Hunter

A little disappointed as well, tried to get in for about a hour, kept getting disconnected from the server. Actually, I have been getting disconnected almost constantly since the patch today. I am not sure if its due to the patch or attempting to get into the event. Finally gave up after a hour and worked outside. Was the first event I have tried to get into, oh well.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that's not how the prizes worked. i was with you in instance two, until a dev pulled me in because i was one of the first few people to complete the quest, BEFORE the party. you did not have to be in the right instance to win, you would have been summoned.

Brugas and Gaelis like this.
  5. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo Avatar

I was also in that second instance and very disappointing LB, not even a hello. At least i got to see Antrax's awesome emote ;) By the time i got into the correct instance all prizes had been given out (according to Avatars Radio).. I guess we'll just have to wait to buy Shooter's Heraldry items from the lucky players who got them and don't want them

6. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

It was first the party for me after a long break from Shroud.
    Thanks to all players and Devs which made it a great event ...and nice to see a lot of people enjoying it as well. :)
    Think I have to buy the new Shooter Album.:D

7. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

As did I, @Daxxe Diggler . A bit of a lagfest as well.
    I'd be in favor of rewarding everyone who completed that quest........

8. SteelCore

SteelCore Avatar

So much nudity and i missed it, damnit !

Brugas likes this.
  9. Bayard

Bayard Avatar

Just to clear up some confusion about the prizes. Only the first 25 people who completed the quest were awarded prizes and were given them 'backstage' by Shooter before the concert (that was why Shooter didn't come out and the album play until later). If you completed the quest but were not one of the first 25, you would not get a response from Shooter. The event announcement said the first people who completed the quest would be awarded prizes, but I didn't see any mention that it was only the first 25 until the event started.

No additional prizes were given out regardless of what instance you were in. And I wouldn't count on any just for attending either. DarkStarr made an announcement that Shooter believes in the rarity of his prizes and wanted to keep the number awarded low.

Overall the event was fun, the music was good, decorations were amazing and the lag wasn't too bad even on my system, but I understand the disappointment of not being in the main instance.

Many thanks to @Minerva and her crew for being amazing hosts. Oh, and sorry for rushing the stage @Minerva. I wanted to jump up, get a clear screenshot and jump back down but my client crashed just as I pushed F11 leaving my rear-end up there for what seemed like an embarrassed eternity. Ack! :oops:

10. Minerva

Minerva Avatar

@Bayard you were completely fine. I am glad you enjoyed the event. I was also very happy with the performance overall. We have sure come a long way since the last release party! Thank you to @DarkStarr @Chris and @Lord British for the direction things are going.

moxiepilot likes this.
  11. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I agree with everything you said, especially the deco of that castle basement by Minerva and crew! That place was amazing and I really liked how the emblazoned shields were placed throughout the dance floor.

I also understand that Shooter wants to "keep his stuff rare". But I think everyone who was ready to complete the quest and attended the party should have at least gotten something as a reward. Not everyone was lucky enough to get there early to be "one of the first 25." Even still, if it had to be only the first 25 people, then maybe they could have gotten the whole package of prizes and everyone else that completed the quest got only one thing?

I was really disappointed that I didn't get to finish the quest, especially since I got confirmation from a Dev that "everyone would get the rewards, but we just had to be patient". I was told that when we first got into the basement and so I stayed thinking I would just patiently wait my turn to speak to Shooter. But that moment never came and in the end I was unable to finish the quest. :(

FrostII, Royou and Lady Kathleen like this.
  12. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

I wish I had known only the first 25 would get a prize based on when the quest was completed.
    I must have missed that little detail.

It would not have affected me doing the quest because I knew I was not in the first ones doing the quest.
    However, it would have prevented the stress it caused to a lot of other players in the game and at the event.

In my case, I had completed the quest and was checking discord an hour before the event and a player (non-english speaking) asked for assistance in doing the quest so they could try and get the prize. I do not speak or know this persons language.

There was nothing on the forum in this persons language to assist in the quest.
    Using Google Translate, I copied and pasted replies and translations to and from this player.
    To help the person get the quest before the event I ended up meeting them in party mode and leading them to each location to get the secret words. We teleported to the event with 10 minutes to spare.

My Google Translate apparently did not do a good job because the person did not understand why they did not get to enter the contest even after completing the quest. We both stayed at the party for a long time (in instance 2).

Here are a couple of suggestions:
    Perhaps a 'door prize' for just showing up would be appropriate.
    If possible when multiple instances are made, could the main characters (Darkstarr, Shooter Jennings, Lord British) have duplicated instances of them and/or the stage area in all instances.

It would be like being at an over-sold live event IRL where there is a Jumbo TV showing the stage to all that are there even if not in the main instance or room...

Thanks for the event, even with all of these issues, I enjoyed attending and dancing etc.
    I think I will need to repair my boots now from the damage they took from all the dancing.

13. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

I guess there is proof I was there.. Lower Left corner (red head in Purple) And I was actually glad to see I had purple on....I never saw any Naked people....

But the Amps did not work for me so I could not hear any music, I was told to go to the website, but when I did it was listed as Private. I am only guessing but I think the lag killed the amps for me.

I did the Quest. I whispered the phase to Shooter Jennings as soon as he was listed in the zone so I figured that would put me in the random drawing for prizes. I was told later that only 25 people that got to visit with Shooter Jennings at the Pre-VIP-Party got prizes and there was no Random drawing. (Never expected to win, just have a preceived chance at winning)

I could not see anything through the sea of people so I wandered around to get a better view of what was going on and got yelled at to go away.

This morning I read this a felt that Aurelius Silverson made a good point. (other than the livestream radio not working for me)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    FrostII and CatherineRose like this.
  14. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    Thanks for a fun event!

Fister Magee and CatherineRose like this.
  15. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

I did this and got nothing. Wasn't until this morning I learned it was the first 25 people who did it earlier. Caulk it up to misreading it. Oh was cool none the less.

Lady Kathleen likes this.
  16. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

I loved the party.

When instructions are given they need to be clear.
    The instructions said to find the real Shooter Jennings AT the party. The party was to start at 7 PM. There was no mention that one should locate Shooter BEFORE the party.

Rentier, By Tor, FrostII and 3 others like this.
  17. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    I found him on the people near by me list and whispered to him from there.
    I had to do a little instance hopping before i found him.

18. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I've just had a listen to a few a few Shooter Jennings tracks on Utube and Spotify. I'm a music guy, love my Indie, Radiohead, The Cure, big fan of Grohl, Corgan, love Scandi rock (have a listen to Mew), idolise Floyd, mesmerised by Killing Joke..list goes on for ever. Always loved a bit of country rock; Neil Young, Doobie Brothers, Little Feat, Jethro Tull. Love a trip with Tangerine Dream, Yes, etc. All said, this Shooter dude is GOOD!, he's clearly the real deal. 'Outlaw You' on first couple of listens is outstanding, but just one example. I'm a Brit, were not generally huge into Country, but I've linked my guys up with some Shooter tracks.

Elwyn, FrostII and CatherineRose like this.
  19. Galadriel O'Sullivan

Galadriel O'Sullivan Avatar

The ball was completely dropped for this event. IMO.

FrostII and Hajias like this.
  20. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Meh, 7pm port time is 1am UK time, 2am euro time, and on a work night, not everyone has a sympathetic boss that wont mind if you dont rock up till late cos you were at some game party... In fact most here would stick you on a warning.

FrostII and Gorthyn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.