1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Shroud's Status, Criticism, Healthy Debate, & the Future

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jul 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

Actually they do include a lot of the stuff you were looking for, every month. They always showcase new things as well as stuff they want to implement and talk about it while showing off new scenes and mechanics. They address questions as well and keep people updated on things still not in place yet or finished yet but are still working on them.

Witcheypoo and Lord Stein like this.
  2. Arlin

Arlin Avatar

They don't. They talk about specific types of things, and if you're like me and you care about one of the things they don't talk about (crafting changes) it's very noticeable. The Livestreams are fun, but they are not at all what I'm suggesting. Also, I can't sit down and watch 6 hours of bullshit on the off chance they randomly mention my issue (they won't). If I ask questions I actually prefer they don't mention them on stream because then they might show up on the missed questions post and I'll see them.

Sir_Hemlock, Matt Harris and Brugas like this.
  3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Your original request:
    Release 55 Part 2 Schedule:
    • 3PM: Introductions
    • 3:30PM: Deep Dive 1: Episode 2 Sneak Peek Part 2!
    • 4:30PM: Q&A
    • 5:30PM: Deep Dive 2: Housing & Decoration System
    • 6:30PM: Q&A
    • 7PM: Ending Announcements
    Release 56 Schedule:
    • 3PM: Introductions
    • 3:30PM: Deep Dive 1: Player Owned Towns
    • 4:30PM: Q&A (+ more Ep 2 goodies)
    • 5:30PM: Deep Dive 2: Combat with Bosses (Aether Creatures, Unicorns, oh my!)
    • 6:30PM: Q&A
    • 7PM: Ending Announcements
    I see in these schedules, an event that happens monthly, or more often on occasion... I see 4 deep dives cycling through different aspects of the game. The Q&A sections, which have received more of a focus in the last couple of livestreams, which I appreciate, address issues that people wish to hear about... They also of late have been doing some of this in the introductions section...

Mid term goals are addressed at the beginning of every quarter, with the Quarterly Schedule, and the Long Term Goals are addressed in the '2 year plan' post, and have more recently been talked about specifically in the two recent Episode 2 Sneak Peaks...

That seems to have a high degree of correlation to your request.

4. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

Hey I understand that it can be a very long sit through waiting for something that you are particularly interested in. My point was they *DO* go over these things and I listen to the entirety of most and swap back and forth to watch segments, especially if they're showing content while I play the game.

I think @Rufus D`Asperdi has a good point with the breakdowns/itinerary. I haven't really noticed while watching lately an itinerary beside the livestream, but that would be nice as well so you don't miss important segments while its running (but you can always catch it later too) :)

5. redfish

redfish Avatar

Disagree, Starman.

The big picture of game development is not a numbers thing, like there's a "science" to making a perfect game -- its a vision thing. And here, the important thing isn't necessarily that all the backers should agree with what the devs are trying to do (although I would hope what was presented at Kickstarter meant something). Its that they define what they're trying to do, try stand by it, communicate when things adjust, make clear the difference between short-term measures versus long-term plans. And as long as the devs do all that, I think most of the player-base will respect it.

The biggest weakness in my opinion of how the devs have argued certain features is they've tried to break it down entirely into value-free arguments, scientific ones, as you say.

So, for example, when asked about travel on the overland, the devs would always respond about the "regional economy", like a regional economy is a feature that self-evidently justifies itself. Yet, its pretty obvious that the only reason a regional economy matters at all is that it helps make the game closer to a traditional role-playing game like the Ultimas and everything that comes along with them. Ultimately, I think the focus of the devs on pragmatic arguments over vision is what has allowed players to nitpick the arguments to death, and divide into various camps. This is the source of a lot of the nerf vs. not nerf debate, as well as the PvP vs. PvE debate. So, if nerfing vs. not nerfing is only a pragmatic argument, its something that can be argued back and forth by players ad infinitum, since it becomes completely subjective. "Here are my x number of reasons to nerf!" "Here are my x number of reasons not to nerf!" But if nerfing is necessary to make the game the devs have in mind, then its a closed issue and there's nothing left to discuss. And the most intractable PvP vs PvE debates are based around legalistic arguments, like arguments that if there's any advantage to PvP at all, then PvP is no longer consensual. But what matters the most here is not some legalistic interpretation of "consensual", but the interpretation the devs think will benefit their vision of the game.

So, yea, the devs have a direction they're going in. But there's some value in talking about that direction. The only reason the devs would even try to herd cats is if they thought their job was to appease every single player.

6. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

Sounds like you need... a Cat Wrangler!

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  7. Arlin

Arlin Avatar

They don't and I dare you to find a stream where they talked about updating the masterwork system.

8. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

Well I guess since you haven't bothered to watch or listen to them, then your logic must trump reality. Have fun with that ;)

9. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I think you actually at the start didnt read my argument correct (bit of a Straw-man) because you basically agreed with everything I said in the rest of your post. So ya, I completely agree with you.

10. redfish

redfish Avatar

@2112Starman

Sorry if you feel there was a misunderstanding; I think there is some agreement between what the two of us said also, because we both agree that the devs shouldn't try to herd cats and all.

But I also don't agree with what I thought you were implying, which is that staying out of certain issues ("forum politics") was the right way to go. I think the right approach is for the devs to lead on those issues, by laying out the direction of the game and their vision behind it. It wouldn't be so much about them taking sides, but laying out their own positions.

11. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Agreed, thats what I said too. The dev's have their direction and they cant be pulled around by the cat herd whom have 10 different opinions on every differ topic. When they do, half the people cheer and half the people claim they are gonna quit.

12. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

@redfish @2112Starman

Interesting reading your thoughts on this. They are well thought out and articulated. IMO The real reason they don’t pick a definitive path(or haven’t in the past) is because it boils down to money. They wanted $$$ out of everyone.

Now that this strategy has blown up it would be advisable to just pick a path and follow it. In the end, if Port clarifies their vision(which I think is more clear now) it would benefit them greatly. I’m not sure they can turn around the steam reviews but if they attract the correct audience for their game it just might happen.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  13. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Blake Blackstone The devs were very open at first after Kickstarter, but then they got burned a lot by players who wanted to lawyer them over minor issues and tightening of the ship was understandable. I just think they need to find a middle path on this.

14. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

Ya know, I've always said it's easy to take shots at people you never see but only reach from via a computer screen. People sometimes (often?) say things they would never say to your face. And I've seen quite a few cheap shots via these forums and in the Discord chats over the years. Not cool. Petty. Immature. Before I get flamed, I'm not talking about good critical posts that lay out why something is undesirable to a poster with suggestions on how it could be better. I'm talking really about the insults I've seen about the devs, Portalarium, this game.

Just over a year ago, a small group from our guild went to the Portalarium offices and met most of the devs (Richard unfortunately wasn't there but gave us an office tour using his cool robot face). Prior to that, I met Richard and a lot of the team at the first Sotacon in Baltimore. From those meetings, what I came away with: this team is insanely passionate about this project. They want it to succeed and be THE MMORPG in this genre for decades to come. The talent is exceptional. And they are humans (even Lord British - or especially Lord British) with human feelings. I sat across from Chris at dinner (GREAT little pizza place) and listened to him talk about his vision, what's possible, what's not possible. I stood in Starr's office and listened to him talk about how he wants this to be the last project he spends the rest of his career working on. I listened to Richard talk about his dreams for SotA and how poor Starr has to figure out how to make a particular dream work once it gets promised to the masses. Human beings. Not just faces on a computer screen asking for money (<--cheap shot I've read many times).

As for me, I won't argue a detail in the game that I think needs work. I trust that those giving good critical arguments and suggestions will hammer it out with the devs. I'll play with whatever they come up with. I believe in the vision I heard about all those years ago and pledge my first dollar as soon as it kicked off (pun intended). I only have the time/money for one MMO and this is where I chose to spend that time/money.

The surprise for me has been this amazing community (albeit a few bad apples here and there). The intelligence, the passion, the kindness. I haven't seen that to this magnitude with any "game" I have played in all my years of gaming. I have the belief that we will all be able to pull together to support the amazing dev team and one another. Maybe that's naive but I don't think so.

@DarkStarr @Lord British keep the faith in yourselves and us. Embrace your human nature as I do my own. I accept your gracious apology for human mistakes made and promise to do better. I do the same.

15. Tsumo2

Tsumo2 Avatar

What amazes me is how many people are clueless about how destructive criticism can be to relationships, creativity, and productivity.

16. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Well said, Thank you!!

17. sypher001

sypher001 Avatar

@DarkStarr - I know this is a long post and your time is very valuable, but I hope that you read it in it's entirety.
    @Daxxe Diggler - Shout out to this community member as he put it best i have seen so far, clear, concise, and constructive for a development group to turn "feedback" into "requirements" which is what they need desperately.

This will be long but will try to keep it as readable as possible to hopefully help this development team and community on some constructive feedback for this game, which i have followed closely since the beginning, i have invested $100's of dollars to fund the 'vision' of the game and bring around a new multiplayer online role playing game that not only pays homage to the Ultima Online and Ultima games of old (of which i have played all except the 1st 2 (i believe i started with Ultima 3 back when i was around 14 yrs old, i am not 42 today).

I beg of you PLEASE listen to the community and grow this game into something even better, because your vision is sound and we support you. DO NOT go the way of Star Citizen and turn into 'pledge-nazi's' looking to milk every $$$ out of people to keep a sinking ship afloat because that is NOT what i think you are, but perspective out in public is not good right now and we want to help correct it! This post is if *I* was in control of your product road map this is my manifesto how i would approach it.

The rest of my intro about myself will summarize:
    • I am new to the game (so i am part of your target demographic)... i 'tried' to play off and on in beta, but wracked up maybe 4-6 hours total before i put it down, but NOW i am in it (about 32 hours in thus far). I decided waiting on the UI overhaul wasn't going to keep me from trying it.
    • I play in UWD (ultra wide screen mode) on an Acer Predator 30 inch, with GTX 1080, and other solid stats in my gaming rig.
    • 42 years old, i am a development manager for a fortune 500 company. I started as an engineer/developer long ago and moved into mgmt.
    • Have worked in gaming, but not in gaming industry today even though still passion of mine.
    • Played most MMO's (at least 80% of them) since days of early MUDs and Meridian 59, and Ultima Online started it all (no Everquest and Wow didn't start it all but EQ led the charge and WoW made it accessible to everyone!)

Development/Executive Summary

• New User Experience - New scenes and quests are great, more detail and 'hand holding' into early features and systems needed (experience/skills, hotbars, enchanting, encumbrance, inventory mgmt.
    • Performance - Performance has been solid was painful in beta, but i personally don't have any problems thus far 30+ hours into the game, loading screens are MUCH better, console mode is amazing! and makes game play completely different and better in my opinion.
    • Accessiblility - Similar to NUE, accessibility mostly around inventory mgmt, maybe adding default 'small' bags in inventory to start... adding some drag/drop features, and some tweaks to UI mobility and the Journal (quest log) would go a long way to not scare off new users, its alot and daunting. You don't have to hand hold everyone, but usability IS a factor in today's consumer services.
    • Lore, "Surprises/Exploration", and overall Visualizations - This is probably the best part of the game, lore rich, text driven it takes getting use to but is VERY cool, with some minor tweaks you could balance old school vs. new school and lead to a whole new gen of gaming. Love that there are tons of hidden quests and locations and stuff which is what I REALLY want, its my #2 feature i want in MMO/RPG's... i love detailed systems that grow as i get deeper into the games (not everything all at once) and LOVE exploration and secrets so kudos!
    • User Interface - This is what needs the most work... Skills pane needs complete overhaul, looks awful, very 1998, pay homage but don't dumb down just for nostalgia, character pane, inventory mgmt, all needs some tweaks, but steps made thus far are in right direction.
    • Presentation - Love the vision, the custom concept art, the in game scenes, the overhead map, all great, REALLY great.... graphics have come a long way... just looking for some next steps and polish to really make it shine and accessible to the 21st century gaming.
    • New User Campaign and Marketing - This needs alot of work, seeing only 10's of peoples playing game at a time is a shame, i hope this grows, external community grows, more streaming and community centric communication outside of just the dev streams (which is a good start!) .... and hopefully get phsyical copies of the game on store shelfs at some point but NOT UNTIL IT IS READY!!!!! Fix the things below, and other bugs and stuff before it goes out for gold image/release.
    • Early Release Mindset - Early release is good in some ways and POISON IN OTHERS! At some point you guys need to step out of the early release mindset, you can keep pledging and campaigning, but its should NOT be the overall capital ($) goal(s) of your company to keep things alive is getting more money from your existing players... eventually the money will dry up and people will resent you for it.... you can already see some of the vitriol out there today. Step 1. Build a road map. Step 2. Stick to the ROADMAP!. Step 3. Execute, Test, and Implement the Roadmap. Step 4. Fix the NUE, gold image, expand user base, and get game in big box stores. DO NOT work on "Story 2" or whatever you call it until Story 1 is polished, and ready to go, then take all the resources you put into DEV streams and get them hustling for public domain and new users.... cleaning up Steam comments.... bring in new streamers and provide incentive them to review your game, get the MMORPG, IGN, Gamespot, etc. to take a 2nd look at you guys.
    • Loot - I haven't gotten deep enough to know the various qualities of loot tables and 'unique' gear, some things i like what i hear and what i have read from patch notes across past 10 releases it has improved. So maybe just clean up end game loot tables and provide some long term 'artifact' type gear to go for to keep invested. One thing though finding just a 'ring' which you find is an artifact is cool.... but can be easily overlooked so my suggestion would be to either put in some sort of lore/quest mechanic to 'unlock' "Un-identified Artifacts" (take it to this person to hear the back story and unlock) could be simple enough, or maybe as simple as in tool tip there is something generic and the click a button to clean it or unlock and a particle effect is triggered and unlocks the full lore and powers of the item.... again just should stand out and feel like an EVENT.
    That being said let me get into the hopefully constructive feedback that if followed or at least built into requirements definition phase and continuous development that Shroud is built on will make this much more accessible to community as a whole.

1. Re-read @Daxxe Diggler input on this thread, (Tab 1), i will try not to rehash those such as focusing on card and feeding and current state of the game instead of new content for time being. I know its hard as a development group, with think "well the next feature will fix everything", but in reality going back and fixing the old stuff will fix everything (figuratively) but will provide more value long term.

2. I know the New User Experience (NUE, as much of a bad word that is!) has been talked about but this is one want to rehash slightly just to add a few nuances from my perspective, since i am a new player and what was difficult for me from the start.
    • a. Console mode vs. Cursor mode - i say this with embarrassment (being a veteran gamer) so learn from my mistakes, i wanted this game since release.... as i said i dabbled in beta, but now i have over 30 hours... and i am not joking when i say that i HAD NO CLUE CONSOLE MODE EXISTED until 30+ hours in the game... and it was literally a game changer. Playing completely in cursor mode is clumsy and slow and not the core way game should be played... The pacing of the game changed from night to day... suddenly i could kill multiple mobs at same time... not having to hold down right mouse to move around and pan the camera... being able to use 'interact' key to loot and the rounded/gear icon was so much better than the tiny default mouse pointer. please ensure there is at least an 'in game' walk through education session for the differences of console mode vs cursor mode.
      • Summary: Highlight benefits of cursor mode more, the tiny default pointer, is painful to interact with stuff, the "dull green" for interacting, or "dull blue" for looting certain mobs is painful and a strain to gaming long term.
    • b. 1st quest line in new scenes - Last quest is broken since Release 52, cant enter into the last mirrored portal even with the key shard. Very much a turn off for new users when 1st main quest series is broken, please prioritize.
    • c. Feature detail and education - i know as game designers we want our systems to stand on their own, and be intuitive; but also to be easy to start and difficult to master. I have no specific preference, right now game really depends on community and 'wiki-like' content for some features, which are still good, but for some key things (like a. above, console mode) you need in game representation to educate users. Doesn't have to be a quest but at least some modals (popups) and walk through.
    • d. Key basics that need to be outlined (@ minimum) - Console mode, Key differentiation between Active Hotbar and Passive Hotbar (what can and cant be done, and some skills CAN go on passive bar but you have to be out of combat, etc). Skills can be used multiple times without global cooldown (game takes a revolutionary approach to global cooldown and cooldown in general allowing some skills to be used multiple times), detailing that more than just in the skills window being (<this skill> X 3) i didnt even understand this till 16+ hours in game. I do like the 'pie chart' type cool down but maybe a text indicator in bottom right of each icon might help reinforce that too... (Icon of skill, + the pie slice cooldown + 1/3, or 2/4, etc to show you can use this more than once during cool down).
    • e. Skills and Experience - Experience is a complete mystery i am 'starting' to get it thanks to the community outlining things like the 80/40 method, and pooled experience, but things like unlearning skills, or training too many skills at once... and/or questions like "Can i get GM in everything?" or "do i need to balance (x) amount of skills?" are not answered in any measured fashion in early game.
    • f. Intro to advanced features - quests like how to enchant weapons - i turned the quest in but learned absolutely nothing about how to enchant something.... needs work/polish.
    3. User Interface - This is the #1 thing that kept me from really digging into the game, i am completely serious. And i know this is touched on SO MUCH, but want to state my case. As a gamer and a developer myself, the main problem i have with it is the User Interface is the 'gateway' into the game. So in my mind when i see an old-style UI, or it not receiving enough *flare* into it, it makes me the think the rest of the game is going to cut corners, or not take key things seriously. Its subjective i know but i know many many other people that feel this same way. It doesn't "fix" everything (hell , even Tabula Rasa had a great UI), but it is important non the less.
    • That being said, lets dig into key things that would make a HUGE difference to me, and hopefully others in community.
      • a. Usability / Manageability - It has gotten better i will give you that, some tweaks that were made has made it more approachable, but here is a few suggestions to increase adopt ability:
        • Highly recommend having some initial basics, walked through with the user and granted for free for new characters, things like.
        • Think users should get like 2-3 small bags in their inventory to start, but small capacity to keep other bags viable... (maybe like 3-10 slot bags). and walk users through moving their 'equipped' tools into the 1st bag, making a bag for loot, or misc "junk" like books and notes to help with organization. The inventory management is DAUNTING for new characters so much junk and need intro to encumbrance.
        • Add the ability to drag and drop items into the bag without opening the bag (drop on the icon/text).... OR for bags in your inventory the ability to be able to turn them into UI 'elements' on the screen.. for example, if you grab the bag and drag it into the playspace (out of inventory window) it could make an icon, that you could just 1-click on to open the bag, and you could drag those elements around bottom of your screen.
      • b. Intro to the UI - NUE should definitely focus on outlining the major screens and what they do, main one that need alot of details for new users. It has gotten much better though.
      • c. Skills Panels - Needs complete overhaul, presentation wise it looks dated and clunky, i like the overall vision of the 'tabular' approach with the service map type chain view but the icons, fonts, low-res lines connecting each skill etc. Just needs a presentation overhaul.
      • d. Icons for Active/Passive Bar - This one is tough because overall i like the overall style-guide for these icons and some are much better than others don't get me wrong... so this is 'subjective' for sure, but some of the icons look rushed, or clunky or terrible pastel coloring and background shading, and i do not want to be rude, but it makes me feel like the graphic designer either took shortcuts or wasn't quite skilled enough for a top end game (i apologize, i promise not trying to be rude just way i feel). Again this one is subjective, some may like ALL the icons.
      • e. No ability to change the opacity settings on your own UI elements. - self explanatory, EACH window (inventory, skills, system menu, etc) should have independent opacity slider to change as wanted from 0 - 100%, even adding in ability to change some customer background colors or styles (marbled, etc), would be nice!
      • f. No ability to move UI elements outside of the compass and skill bar. Again, i am new so maybe there is a way to move the User panel (hp/focus), the quest tracker, etc. More customization options for the UI to set things up your own style would be a huge relief... Black Desert Online does this VERY well, and realize in online mode can't use mods so having a built in system in game would be huge help.
      • g. Tooltips could use some love - consolidating some info, and just general presentation instead of using the blocky 'text box' of text, perhaps a rounded edge popup, or something a little more stylized. Again this one subjective. the holding the CTRL key is a good touch but had no clue you could do that till community told me. suggest put a little icon bottom right (Ctrl + hold)

4. Journal / Quest Tracker -
    Let me start with, i like the 'old style' of the journal, the Ultime Online homage, just wanted to preface. That being said, Journal is DAUNTING for new users.... by time i got out of Highland Outskirts, and into Highland, i had like 15+ quests, i cant imagine how daunting it will get in another 20-30 hours) Here are a few suggestions:
    • a. Make the headers/heading for each quest stand out (color code, bold, etc) and put a mini mouse icon on it so its clear you can click on it. Maybe when you click on it right now you can only "hide on HUD" but perhaps can have an API that links back to the Map and pulls up the location, or have a modal with a verbose mode that pops out to show some of these requested details below.
    • b. Also would suggest adding some basics to the 'narrative' part of the quest journal, having a few bullets under the header with : Quest Originator at a minimum and maybe Quest Originator Location: Highland (for example) would be helpful...
    • c. Add a 'search' tool to the Journal to be able to search key words at least would be really helpful to navigate the huge amount of data new users get lost in..... there is a CLEAN way to make it better but not dumb down the narrative based experience too..... there is a balance.
    • b. Move-able / Adjustable Quest Tracker - as mentioned above being able to move this around is one thing, but also being able to drag and expand to show more quests would be a HUGE help.
    5. Launcher + Intro Starting Screen (triangle/PLAY button, etc) - Needs complete overhaul, i completely understand the placeholder launcher during development. But just like the UI, i completely thought during pre-launch phase the new Launcher, and new UI could come into play but it never did. Just like i said with UI being the gateway to your game, as simple as it is the launcher also makes me think of developers coding games in VB .NET or something extremely legacy. Put a 'pretty face' on your launcher, with informative links (like videos or wiki links into New User Experience education) Release Notes, etc. and slap a pretty image on it.... its not a hard dev task but pays equity in the end and provides value add. I like the custom 'concept art' graphics, but again, presentation elements need a lot more work and MMO flare.
    • a. Some sort of tool tips or presentation-based way to outline the differences in Online and Offline mode for people would help New Users.... it sounds simple (offline and online) but in execution it has a ton of key differences that need outlined.

6. Character Window (c) - again i love the homage to UO, and think there is a balance to keep the spirit but yet clean this up... specifically for UWD modes this screen is WAY to small, and the item icons in the character window are just so hard to visualize and interact with. Not a deal breaker, but would like a little polish on this frame to make it a little cleaner, something like changing the little 'archway' background - tweak the opacity or remove/tweak all together, make icons a little bigger, or add in a drop down setting to be able to show small, med, large icons in this view that adjust according to resolution or something like that.... that way in larger resolutions you can tweak this... (even for smaller resolutions, they may want to LOWER the icon sizes etc.). Frame sizing in unity can facilitate these dynamic sizing.

7. Dialog Window with NPCs - Overall this has come a long way and its functional and matches the overall vision of a narrative-based game in an online RPG environment so mostly i like it... just a few minor suggestions. For new users there are some 'common' key words that are always used, personally i would like to see these pulled out to the side and fairly static, based on the "NPC-type" (merchants have a set keywords, narrative/quest npcs have their own, etc.) and the goal isnt to auto pilot the system or dumb down anything, but to make it more accessible to new users and to get people unfamiliar with a text-centric narrative give them some 'bread crumbs' into the system. Secondly, keeping the narrative specific items on the bottom as is, is great and sorting them by relevancy is important (putting main ones to the far left). Other than that just some minor graphical tweaks may be nice. All subjective.
    • Here is a link to a mock example of what i mean for dialog window.. be gentle its in 3d Paint lol... but you will get the gist.
    • Link: - wont let me link :/
    Those are the main things that to me would change the game from average to AMAZING.... see my executive summary for the positives i cover, but overall the visualizations, the lore, the exploration all those are top notch in my opinion and i like the vision of the game.... taking these things next step and honing focus could really make this a stellar title.

8. (Added) The Deck System - i still have not had much experience with this at all, my "assumption" without seeing anything explained in game, was that it was a mix of combat/passive profiles, or a semi-macro system you could switch in and out of. And think that is partially the case, but this needs A LOT more detail for this to be understandable from a end user / consumer perspective. Community members such as Lace Delamorte have helped educate me and i am sure there is more resources out there but i have much more to learn. Differences in stacking, charging, etc, and how that works needs explanation.

9. Melee Combat Effects having 'weight' to them - Particles and melee and magic overall have come a long way in improvement, i think only thing really holding back now is for hits to have 'weight' to them. Look at Black Desert Online, hands down i think best 'combat' system for online games.... SotA doesn't have to have all that FLASHY effects, but when you hit and make contact with something it should resonate... goes a long way for a game where you spend a ton of time fighting. you want to feel like the Avatar, like a hero

10. Harvesting System - its great, not looking for much here... mostly when it comes to "trees" specifically cant figure out which ones you can harvest, and which ones you cannot... some more obvious visual indicator would help noobies.

11. Combat Advanced Tactics - so far i had to learn also outside of the game that you can HOLD BUTTONS to charge them... took over 40 hours before i learned that .... adds a whole new dynamic to some skills... needs to be clearer.

************************************************************************************************************************************************
    Kudos to the entire team, Dev, QA, Release, Product, Marketing, Sales, Lord British, DarkStarr, all you guys, we DO VALUE YOU!
    ************************************************************************************************************************************************

I was a NAY-sayer, now i want to be a YAY-sayer!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  18. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

On criticism...there are certainly opinions on other sites that go [aggressively] TOO FAR.

I think amazing adventures can be made from Shrouds assets. That is all. I have a headache.

Cordelayne likes this.
  19. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Welcome aboard and thank you for posting this great feedback.

Witcheypoo and sypher001 like this.
  20. Fungus

Fungus Avatar

To be fair this can work both ways, striving for a happy medium can be nigh on impossible, especially in this day and age. I run a business and if I was fluffy and nice to everyone all the time, my businesses productivity would suffer as it would if all I did was criticize constantly, it's striking that happy balance that's the hardest to achieve.

@sypher001 makes some very valid points as i commented in his original thread

Witcheypoo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.