1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Stretch Goal Tracking Changes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Aug 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Greetings Avatars,

In order to increase the value of the Rewards Program and increase availability of the monthly stretch goals we are making some changes to how we track these. Starting with the Release 56 stretch goals we will be doing the 12 hours of sales and stretch goal tracking every Friday of the Release versus just once (or sometimes twice) as we have done in the past. This means that each Friday of the Release at noon we will turn on the big mega "everything" sale and start tracking the stretch goals where we last left off from the previous Friday (plus any additional Rewards Program participants). We will then track the totals until midnight of that Friday and then repeat for each Friday of the Release. This will give us an entire Release to build up to the stretch goals! During the weekly one-hour Community Livestream we will remind everyone about the stretch goals but those livestreams will remain in the same format: 30 minutes of news and then 30 minutes on a topic (housing, new scene, new feature, etc.).

UPDATE: Replaced the word "month" with "Release" to make it clear that we track stretch goals for the length of a release vs. calendar month.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  2. Floors

Floors Avatar

Sounds good to me, lets hit 35k so we can all gain levels in tears quickly again

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

They turned on double XP like 5 hours ago.

4. Innascual Inch

Innascual Inch Avatar

Can we get a "funds raised" tracker on the website for each release so we can see status? Doesn't have to be real-time. Thx

5. nimueCW

nimueCW Bug Hunter

How are existing subscriptions factored into the monthly totals? I suspect many people won't spend additional money, because their monthly subs get them the goals, but without those subs counted in, the money raised will seem to be much lower than it actually is.

6. Metalton

Metalton Avatar

Thinking the subs count as an automatic $9 toward the goal every month, when they get charged

O' course they may count them early for tally purposes as long as they are active.. ;)

-Met

7. Lained

Lained Avatar

They were included at the start when the stretch goal tracking opened.

nimueCW, Jaesun and Synergy Blaize like this.
  8. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

Hmm... my sub has went only once and now 3 “not telethons” has passed. Was my 9$ Included both (2 times last month snd now at this month) times? :rolleyes: (My sub is at due on 6th.)

StarLord likes this.
  9. vipkeldon32

vipkeldon32 Avatar

Luca I think they way they talked about it early on was this. When you sub it counts for all telethon goals. Since the LB telethon twice last month your one sub fee counted for all of it. This month your sub fee items should be available after your billing clears on the 6th and it counts towards this months goals.

Mishikal likes this.
  10. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

But my sub is / was active during yesterday’s livestream. If I cancel that sub plan today am I not getting this month rewards? Just wondering how this is planned...

Edit: I need to go and read announcement once more ;)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    Paladin Michael likes this.
  11. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

It's Not Rocket Surgery, People...

If you are an Active Member of the Rewards Program:
    1. You qualify for the Stretch Goals Every Month.
    2. Your $9 is counted toward the Stretch Goals Every Month.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2018
    Daxxe Diggler likes this.
  12. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

With now month long telethons, and you cancel partway into the month, do you get what has been unlocked up until you cancel? Do you get everything at the end of the month? Do you get nothing if you are not subscribed at midnight of the final Friday?

13. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

If your Rewards Program is active on the day of the 4 Hour Post Mortem Telethon, your 9$ will count toward the stretch goals for that month, and you will get all of the stretch goals for that month.
    If you activate your Rewards Program at any point prior to Midnight on the Last Friday Prior to the Next Release Postmortem you will receive all of the stretch goals for that month and your $9 will count toward the stretch goals for that and each subsequent month as long as your active.
    It's not rocket science.
    It isn't and doesn't need to be complicated.

matsutaki likes this.
  14. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

Like I said, my first sub (Bought 6th of July) was still active during this month 4 hour telethon (and it still is till 6th of August). I doubt it goes like you just said there. If it goes like that I could get 2 month rewards with one subscription if I cancel it before it is due.

And I cannot see my rewards from August at my account page. Those probably will be there after August sub is paid (6th of August)

Anyway, my point was and still is that: my Rewards Program was active during August 4 hour telethon and I don’t think I get rewards if I now cancel that next payment.

So, is my August payment counted to strech goal already or is is still coming top of it . If so we will see rise in that because of those payments after 6th of August.

@Rufus D’ Asperdi it is not rocket science nor brain surgery, but it definitely was too complicated for both of us ;)

15. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

self deleted...

I'll just watch

Aeryk and Ren2 like this.
  16. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

@DarkStarr

Seems an excellent idea - but I can see a problem arising from the way things are set up - 'reward programme' times don't tie in with the livestream dates, the livestream dates have no fixed schedule that ties in to calendar months . Some may well fall right at the end of a calendar month, which makes the 'coming Fridays of the month' a variable between none and three! I'd guess it will qualify for the following month's Friday funds, but it's going to go awry again as livestream dates fall all over any given calendar month. People with 'reward plans' might well find a nasty surprise if the dates of their payments misses the livestream date by a day. Sure, it can be argued they need to keep a closer check on dates and times, but honestly, when has that ever happened in reality - people set up subscriptions in part so they do not have to go through that hassle every month.

The ideas of subs and extended timescales for stretch goals is fine, but there needs to some standardisation in what's being used to calculate things, or it just gets way more confusing than it needs to be. Keep it simple for us and you, please.

17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

When subbing you automatically get livestream stretch goals. It is part of the program. The date is irrelevant. There is nothing to count or figure out. It is very simple already imo ;)

18. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

But that assumes everyone has set reward payments to run forever and never changes it or turns it off to take a break - or sets up a different one in future, since there has been mention of the possibility of further plan systems. Current wording is

"You may cancel your plan at any time from your account page. Your status as subscribed will remain throughout the paid period.".

It still seems to me much simpler to say your payment covers the entire month it falls in. That way, you know October livestream is covered if you paid for October.

StarLord likes this.
  19. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

I think this is how it is planned and how it is going.

My August sub, like most of us August sub, is still on due. Will it be counted in strech goal after it is paid or was it counted in already before 4 hour livestream started?

Well what ever.... after all livestreams we will see total amount of rised funds anyway...

20. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

It's Highly Likely that No One at this point has had the Release 56 Livestream Rewards noted on their Account Page.
    It doesn't happen Automagically, and the Livestream ended after 'quitting time' on Friday evening.
    I have Full Confidence that my rewards will be properly attributed to my account as they always have been in the past.

Jaesun and Synergy Blaize like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.