PETITION: Make developer livestream items as common drops/buyable recipes/items

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Snakyy, Aug 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snakyy

Snakyy Avatar

Currently items we get from Developer Livestream is ones-in-a-lifetime chance to get these items and gear. So developers build things that after certain point of time become unavailable for 100% of the new players. I see it to be both waste of time and counterproductive to keep game interesting for current and future new players.

I suggest a change to this policy with following requests:

- People that give money to monthly Developer Livestream get items as usual that contain Eternal Patterns.

- However when those items are released they are made as loot drops or buyble recipies/items depending on situation. However these drops or buyable items does not give eternal patterns.

This way these items would become permanent part of the game rather than one time super limited ones-in-a- life-time items for very selected elite.

Xandra7 likes this.
  2. Floors

Floors Avatar

They'll get resold, trust me. There's no need for this. People are already selling the old livestream junk for IGG.

The more rare stuff new players are interested in, the better. Keep it how it is. People who contribute should get benefits.

Nelzie, Kara Brae, Selene and 13 others like this.
  3. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

Does the term "RARES" come to mind?

Well that's what these become.

Just like any other video game where a rare will spawn for a short amount of time and then disappear making it "ULTRA RARE"

Think of the Dev Livestream Rewards the same way.

And

As seen here they are more than readily available.

If your in need of some go check out Weddings & More By Laz For past Bundles On Shroud Market Place.

Or you can shop my vendors for these items at any of these Purple Dragon Inn locations. Owl's Head Location NOT Shown. :)

[​IMG]

Enjoy!

Laz

Nelzie, Solazur, jammaplaya and 2 others like this.
  4. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

The only thing I could suggest that is lacking is that the emotes be either given as bags that are not applied until opened, or maybe be teachable but not re-teachable. Other than that, barring ex-players, and silly people who are Unclear On The Concept (yes, I've encountered at least one person who has boasted of deleting stream rewards that he didn't see the utility of), the almost universal lack of binding items to characters ensures that there should be plenty of spares of the items (or re-salvageable patterns), so they should continue to be available, if for a price.

Alioth likes this.
  5. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

That actually is the point - you support the game, you get some rares. Rares have a useful place in a virtual economy.

Nelzie, Kara Brae, Elwyn and 2 others like this.
  6. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Uhm... Hrmmm... Let me think about it...

OK, Done.

No.
    That's the point of them... Their Raison D'Etre, as it were.

Nelzie, Kara Brae, devilcult and 2 others like this.
  7. redfish

redfish Avatar

Actually I think the OPs proposal was a way for them to retain some value (eternal patterns) while making them more widely available. It was a suggestion of a compromise.

Nonetheless, I think the devs would have less people contributing to telethons if they did that, leaving less reason for them to create these items in the first place. Many backers contribute on multiple accounts just to get more than one of the rares, because of resale value. But for the same reason, the extra items will trickle down into the player marketplace and be available for gold, where players who don't participate in telethons can buy them through the game.

I don't necessarily like this model, but its also part of the fundraising draw and how the devs help fund the game.

8. Dartan Obscuro

Dartan Obscuro Avatar

I see the point of having them be rares but how many hot tubs / towers / tiles / sword patterns does an Avatar need?

I'd like if they broke into a new area like patterns for crafting tables. Or added a new kind of item like an hourglass where the reward is a fancy one but they also add a craftable version. Or reward a teachable recipe (or maybe you get 5 extra copies of the recipe to sell) for a special whiskey.

It would also be more exciting if they just went through the forum or the jira's and picked a few items that take as long to implement as one of these rewards usually does and then let people vote during the telethon on which to implement for the next release. This could either be a goal or just an opportunity to participate in the direction of the project.

9. Max Bennis

Max Bennis Avatar

Errr...mmm...nope.

Rare items should remain as it is to sustain its rarity.

Don’t want to make livestream attenders fool.

10. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

my 2 cents says nope

Kara Brae, Elwyn and Max Bennis like this.
  11. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

As it takes a grand whopping $5 each month to be part of said "elite", that kind of invalidates your whole argument.

Or, give a few bucks more, and get a little more each month for your trouble/money than just the "elite" monthly livestream items.

My take?

No.

12. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

They are just deco and patterns. They don’t make one Elite.

Kara Brae, Elwyn and Alioth like this.
  13. Alioth

Alioth Avatar

I would also vote no on this proposal. As a new player (less than 6 months, started at launch) I really enjoy the livestreams, and have had fun tracking down the Rares that look cool to me that are from seasons or years past. I would say they are very obtainable if you are patient, and certainly people put them up for sale. A couple of the bow models in game were livestream rewards- took me a while to find them to decorate my archery shop but it was part of the fun. Were they cheap? Not really, but we’re they worth it to me? Yeah. Rarity creates value. As mentioned none of the items provide any stat buffs, it’s all purely decorative stuff afaik.

Kara Brae, majoria70 and Jaesun like this.
  14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I also vote no. As mentioned these are rares and if anyone wants them they will have to hunt them down to see if anyone sells them sometime. If the OP doesn't want to miss out on future rares then the options are to either start the $9 subscription to automatically receive them or spend $5 during the day of the livestream. These items are not going into the loot table. This is a totally crowd funded game and it will always need funds to survive. I have subbed but my $9 won't by any means support the game we love.

These items are by no means only for the elite since anyone can buy them in game as they go up for sale. I bought drndl shoes for 5k off a vendor since I wanted an extra pair to dye another color. It's kind of nice to have shoes not just like everyone else has but I paid for them in game and my other pair with out of game participation in the livestream to help support the game.

Maybe not everyone playing can further help fund the game and that is ok since they have paid to play already and now we have a situation to get rares into the game. Some buy out of game to sell to get in game gold but it still helps the game in multiple ways if they do.

Edited spelling

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  15. Thore Gundi

Thore Gundi Avatar

my vote is no, that would remove the value in donating, why would i want to donate , to get something, this guy over there got, from a drop? thats stupid, plus, that would just cause people to NOT donate on the live streams, and im sure, that wouldnt help the game out... . besides , its all deco stuff, not like it gives people that donate any kind of advantage ,? other than , having cool stuff to look at , at their , lot ' lol

majoria70 likes this.
  16. TheBalance

TheBalance Avatar

I wonder what the RMT market for items like this would be.

That's probably why they're bound, btw. Good luck.

17. Mishra

Mishra Avatar

It’s a no for me

Kara Brae likes this.
  18. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

They are not bound. Maybe I didnt understand. They are sellable.

19. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Quick point of order, it's not a "selected" elite. Throw down a few bucks, get the items. No selection required. And far from elite.

Letting them get found in the game world for nothing kind of defeats the whole purpose of why people pay for them.

ie: If your idea was taken up, less people would be interested in buying them and that would mean less money for the game.

And at this point in time, I don't think I need to remind anyone that the game needs all the funds it can get. So a big no, honestly.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    Jaesun, majoria70 and Kara Brae like this.
  20. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Also do not want to call them selected elite. Everyone can make use of the telethons and they have made it easier to do so.

But i wish also theleton items become available after some time. A year or so? Either at the add-on store and/or at the crown merchants. But in a limited quantity to maintain rarerity.
    This can also further limited by active account age. Lets say when the account is a year old, one has access to one year old items, when the account is two years old one has access to one and two year old items. And so on. With active is meant that such a account have to be used. May 20 hours a month to count as active for this month. (1 hour Friday, and 2 hours each on Saturday and Sunday 4 weeks each month). The active time may be increased if this is to short.

At this way "veterans" can be rewarded in a simple way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.