Obsidian trial suggestion!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DavidDC, Aug 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

If my math is right, 1 session in trial is around 10 minute (not including preparation time).
    To win the big title, its 1k medal, that mean 10,000 minutes (166 hours) of winning constantly.
    There also have to be 5 people in the game at the same time with you. Its huge. And way too hard i think. Unless the goal was to make people have only the title within 2 years. Also the title cannot be upgraded, so you gotta save up for all the titles.

I was thinking of using only coins. We could think someone could bring 4 alt in kill 1 and suicide others to make him get medal, which make this kinda exploitable. Someone could get a low level title in a few times.

But if he actually have to collect coin (make kills) then thats way longer. Gotta run around all the map find his alt and kill them. So why not make it able to buy 1 medal for lets say 20 coins in trial?

Not only its harder to get in my opinion but it also give the chance to everyone that participate to get a kill and a coin and can pile them up to get titles.

I think 20 kill is fair enough, i got 55 coin since i started playing, probably some people have more, but considering the amount of kill i can do i imagine it should be fair play for everyone to get a medal each 20 kill. Remove medal completly and just keep the coins. Or use medal as a trophy home deco for X amount of coin. 20 kill 1 medal thats 200 kill for the first title.

What yall thinking?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  2. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

I'm not PVP and @devilcult won't teach me to be as good as he is so take this FWIW.

I noticed in the first Obsidian Trials there was a live streamer.
    I was recording the stream so I have a copy.
    The thing I noticed was this avatar was in the Trials with a group. I did not understand it when I was watching it but they did exactly what Devilcult said.

Several times, he would say to a group member:
    "Come over here so I can kill you".

I thought that was a strange thing to do but now I see that it raised his kill ratio without much effort.

Vrunk Hrrk and Jaesun like this.
  3. Black777Lodge

Black777Lodge Avatar

I see another problem with the trials. I play EU timezone and whenever I try to get into a match, there's no one in the trials. I've tried several different time's during week / weekend no one there.....

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  4. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Yes, lower people that dont stand a chance to stand til the end just dont want to go. But if one kill can make em progress towards the goal of getting a title then maybe more will come thats why i came up with this! :)

5. the Lacedaemonian

the Lacedaemonian Avatar

Makes sense. Could be a locked at 80 or 100 all skills environment. Maybe even raise up all skills to 100 but cap then there too. So a new player can get a taste of the action and not have to level to adventure level 100 first.

Vrunk Hrrk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.