Hopefully there'll be 2nd story quest reset.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Max Bennis, Aug 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Max Bennis

Max Bennis Avatar

Yes, it's a hopeful thinking, and requires development decision, but since @DarkStarr mentioned quest system overhaul, I think it's not-so-impossible to expect another quest reset.

Current quest system is under constant development, so there's still a room for improvement.
    (I mean seriously, it DOES need improvement in terms of quest indicator, quest storyline, journal and etc)

I do hope current system will reach desirable quality goal at least at the beginning of EP2, and when the new quest system is applied to existing quests(god knows when), there should be 2nd quest reset.

Just wanted to explore whole storyline once again with more 'complete and fluent' quest system, that's all.

P.S. : When will EP2 happen, really? Was there a expected schedule devs mentioned?

2. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

I would certainly like a voluntary quest reset. It would be a fun reward to experience the updated version after we braved the rougher build.

Max Bennis likes this.
  3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I would reset now, which would mean a bunch more bug reports, if I knew a second was available later. Otherwise I'm probably waiting until the magic moment where everything is declared amazing.

4. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

Yep, I'd love to start over now that I know a little of what I'm doing. But I'm holding off because that's my one shot. With all of the quest bugs (I put in 3 related to quests alone yesterday, in 2 hours) I'm not willing to do it until Port fixes things.

5. Gravidy

Gravidy Avatar

This is my thoughts too. I started a second online character before resetting my first in order to see "how well things went." I ran into so many issues that I didn't bother resetting my old original toon. I then started an offline third character, and that one is pretty much blocked too.

6. gtesser

gtesser Avatar

I would love a second reset. I used mine up when the game released a few months ago, but there were still many bugs and I would do it all over again.

Astirian, Max Bennis and Mortanius like this.
  7. Mortanius

Mortanius Avatar

I agree. If not another reset, I think it was a bad decision to let us be able to reset the quests so early with so many things still needing work. I also reset my quests after the "official release". I should have waited.

8. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

2nd char slot..........:p

or for $19 and support the game while enjoying a totally separate char

Barugon likes this.
  9. Floors

Floors Avatar

I waited until R52, release, to play.

I did not have a bug free experience; that continues to this day.

However, I had a great time and I loved getting the shroud even tho I think the story was obviously rushed and kinda made little sense;

especially compared to previous Ultimas.

But at this point I think I'd just like to see new content, further the cabalist storyline, whatever but just get us new content

Max Bennis likes this.
  10. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Is the expectation really that the overhaul of the quest system will retroactively fix the quests in Episode 1? I had assumed that lack of bandwidth would mean that only future episodes would start out on the right foot with a functioning quest and journal system. It would be great if Episode 1 were fixed. I don‘t think I would reset my progress -again- but it sure would improve the new player experience.

Astirian likes this.
  11. Nietzsche

Nietzsche Avatar

I really hope so, so many of the quests were broken for me even the second time around. Even if they don’t offer The XP gain I would do it

moxiepilot and Astirian like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.