Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Lockup when enter POT Cottage Grove

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by tioga trailrunner, Jul 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tioga trailrunner

tioga trailrunner Avatar

07/31/2018 19:36
    Title: Lockup @98% when entering POT of Cottage Grove
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Y
    Details: Everytime I enter the POT of Cottage Grove, the scene locks up at 98% - Equipping Avatars. I have tried various attempts from attempting to enter immediately after entering the game to attempting while having played for some time. This has been happening since at least R54. I was hopeful that it was something of a known issue and did not report it, however since it continues to plague me I thought it might be time to let the Dev team know.
    Steps to Reproduce: Enter Cottage Grove
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7600K CPU @ 3.80GHz (4) System RAM: 32686
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.818.Date.07.31.18
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_02_template/Cottage Grove
    Area Display Name: Cottage Grove
    Loc: (173.5, 45.7, -107.1)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAyX3RlbXBsYXRlfENvdHRhZ2UgR3JvdmV8KDE3My41MTEsIDQ1LjY4OSwgLTEwNy4wNSl8KDAsIDAuMzg3LCAwLCAtMC45MjIpfDMxNC40NjA1fDEwfDEuMjU=

2. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

This bug is unfortunately pretty random and needs a programmer to clean stuff up in the scene. I submitted this for review (61070), but you may be seeing this issue for a bit.

Jaesun and tioga trailrunner like this.
  3. tioga trailrunner

tioga trailrunner Avatar

Thanks for the response. It's actually not random for me, or it doesn't seem that way. I'll try and check it again tonight but it has been very consistent over the last few releases. It may just be my character, and it's only in this POT but it doesn't seem matter what I try it always wants to lockup at 98%.

4. tioga trailrunner

tioga trailrunner Avatar

Update. I just tried this again, with the same results. Here are the steps I took.
    1. Log into game, into my lot house in Inselberg Wastes
    2. Teleported to Cottage Grove, appeared on the docks in Cottage Grove. No issue here
    3. Immediately clicked on the boat to exit to Novia from the docks of Cottage Grove.
    4. Once my toon appeared on the Overland map, immediately attempt to reenter Cottage Grove.
    5. SOTA locks up at 98% entering Cottage Grove Equipping Avatars.

This is the same behaviour I've seen everytime I attempt to enter Cottage Grove. Perhaps it's just my toon. Teleporting in does not cause the error, only entering from Overland map.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.