Economy Ground to Halt

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zeddicus Zorander, Aug 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

I have not sold anything on multiple vendors in over a month and I've heard this from multiple people. The economy in this game needs a massive overhaul ... it needs finite resources, multiple drains, and the value of individual crafted items needs to be improved... I'm not an expert on economics but I believe what I've stated is fairly self evident. I'm sure I will get support by a large part of the community that supports more drains in the economy.... please help the merchant class!!!

2. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

i've seen an increase in sales over the last couple of week and this week is shaping up to be even better.

i do wish customers would take time, skill, failures, etc into account for crafted items. i try to forget how many wands i throw/give away trying to get a good 3/3.

Black Tortoise likes this.
  3. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Zeddicus has a point on this, in general the economy was more"healthy" some months ago. We can't deny the fact that a higher population gives you always more movement in the market, and this has nothing to do with supply/demand issue (this is another topic).

And thats why I got some data from at least 50 players, we must analyze the market as a global thing, not only for what, as individual traders, we are getting.

Important to say there will be always 20 players moving a lot of gold/items in the market vs 100 players fighting to sell something each week, this is not new and never will change. This is one of the reason I went to gather some data from friends and guild mates, I can't just come here and say; I'm moving 100-200 items every week and making lot of gold. My personal experience as trader is not representative of the global market.

Just my point of view as an old trader :)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  4. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

No complaints when it comes to sales on vendors or otherwise.

5. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

What kind of information are you gathering? I'd like to help.

6. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

Forgive me Lazarus Long but you are very well known and have a lot of vendors :)

7. Floors

Floors Avatar

Some of the merchant prices are ridiculous, maybe that's why. 7,000 for Ancient Essence ? 300,000 for warlocks Chain ? 100k IGG for recpies ? You reap what you sow.

8. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

These three basically: Your activity (the time you spend only in trading while playing, the most important one), the amount of locations/vendors you have access to and which towns/cities are.

If you want to see some crazy prices, go to Soltown, the paradise of new players wasting 200g for each teleport scrolls.. fortunately there are a few guys like Spoon trying to give them a fair prices.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  9. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Shawn and Thomas have a nice tool you can view data with what people sell or buy and for what price https://shroudoftheavatar.net/topLocations

10. Floors

Floors Avatar

11. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Not neccessarily... if people who have vendors there dont upload the receipts then no data to show ...

12. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

If you're not getting any sales, then you're overpriced, sorry to break it to you...

I've had 300k in sales in the last 2 wks...

13. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

My sales have been down too. At first, I thought maybe it was because I switched to a greenhouse storefront, and left my vendor empty for a week. Sales were good prior, but after restocking, I figured traffic was low because people hadn't yet seen I was back in business. Then I realized, while you can activate vendors through normal storefront windows, you can't through the greenhouse version. I moved my vendor back outside (sigh) but thngs still haven't picked up.

14. Furious Farmer

Furious Farmer Avatar

I've never heard of that tool until you mentioned it. That is one of the most helpful tools I have seen so far for vendors and buyers. Thank Elrond for sharing that.

Alioth and Elrond like this.
  15. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Or in a low traffic location. If that is the case, there will never be a better time to change your location.

I saw one of the best lots in Solania for sale in the marketplace the other day. If I wasn't already overextended I would get it. It's a perfect spot to sell your low level gear and buy resources, as new players come through there on quests and if they are going to go to the Catacombs or mine.

The market is slower than it was at launch, but I'm still getting sales to and buying from both new and veteran players. Still, the best thing that can be done to get the economy super charged is for there to be a higher population.

Take the time to reach out beyond our community and find the people who want to play with us but don't know we exist.

Alioth, Elwyn and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  16. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Oh, one other thing that may be happening to some people, depending on where you are, is competition. There are some relatively new players in the game and they are marketing/pricing hard, so could very well be siphoning your traffic away.

Alioth likes this.
  17. Stevvcash

Stevvcash Avatar

yeah me and my 2 neighbors vendors arnt moving too many goods recently. definitely felt like I was rolling in mail in January

18. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

Is there anyway to upload data from old receipts?

toddhisattva likes this.
  19. Mishra

Mishra Avatar

I bought 300k off @Elrond in one day.

Now I’m poor.

Alioth and Elrond like this.
  20. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Cant say for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.