Why do we still have two different Deed Types

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cryodacry, Jul 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

How is your personal problem selling ornates related to what mac does with his gold ? Seriously man draw some lines here ... Also to trust BMC for pricing ... that's a joke ... that's asking to get ripped off. BMC # 1 are a bunch of exploiters .... you know the quest that ended up being repeatable in error where you could just turn in hide for xp ? BMC was the #1 offender So tossing around BMC like they are some respectable agency is mute. Using their pricing as justification of your argument is also mute. Discounting the observable trends of the Player market seems very obtuse ?

Either way if you want to talk about this further i suggest you making another thread to argue over the economics. Back to the house discussion....

2. redfish

redfish Avatar

Gold price going down can potentially mean several different things, not just one in particular. An economy is many moving parts.

Brewton likes this.
  3. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Please don't put words in my mouth. I don't want it exclusive at all. I just think your idea is horrible.

For example of an idea that doesn't hurt value.

Let players buy place anywhere deeds with in game gold after completing a specific quest for the mayor or governor of that npc town. The deeds would be non-transferable and maybe to make even more of a gold sink they would only work in that npc town.

That might not be a perfect solution and I'm sure has its own issues, but at least you aren't messing with mechanics that are already in place and pissing off a bunch of people.

Brewton likes this.
  4. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

ah ok.. now we are in the fake news stuff.

attack on bmc???

Using Mac as your complete indicator of the global economy???

uhgg...

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well and besides filling Npc towns with players houses was imo a silly design. These towns should have had outskirts not those houses all over the town to lag them up. Hopefully this lesson is learned for the new lands. No player housing in Npc towns at all is my vote. It would make questing so much easier and traveling around to find quest givers so much easier.

This is all not that simple of a decision to make. This is a complex game because of the way it was made. While we may not agree with how many things were originally done that can't be helped now. It funded the game.

I so didn't want housing to be purchasable instead of totally earned in game when we started out. I hated that and I hated that we were even crowd-funding on a low budget on a unity engine for a game I was and still amextremely excited about. The need to penny pinch has been at the root of this games problems all along.

So here we are with housing and pots the reason we are even here at all. Messing with deeds with out good solutions that deal with the conflicts should be the conversation not just doing it because someone says it should be done.

There's more here than meets the eye at first look because of the way this game was developed. I don't say it's perfect or anything but at this point some things have bad effects from changing them. So think of that in your trying to find solutions. I don't agree with a lot of ways things have been done but I try to move past it to rally for improving the game in ways we can.

So if you find a solution based on facts and addressing them fine. But for me my interest truly is that we get a good fishing update and more. Like the upcoming fishing update and getting our current systems out of barebones status to be rich with detail status deserving of this game and not taking the easiest and cheapest way out to get things in. Make them awesome.

Edited

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    Adam Crow and Brewton like this.
  6. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

heh you hit the main reason why i am holding onto all of my gold... the ability to build our own dungeons <3 <3 .... my nearly 900 COTO's will be sunk into that stuff !

7. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Must have started to go up right after I stopped playing then - I played for 9(?) months after persistence and all the way through that you could save on taxes buy buying COTOs from players and using them to pay your taxes. I'd saved up a couple of hundred of them back then as I didn't expect that price to stay that way long term :)

8. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

I would love to know, so I can put my city deed up! lol And yes that is pretty low. The last time I saw the price of it, it was like $290 per mil.

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I was hoping they would at least lower taxes on all deeds not just row deeds and I still think they should all be cut in half and I know that repercussions from doing that was probably a concern for the devs when they lowered row taxes. I do think lowering taxes would be less of a problem than changing the way deeds work. I don't believe that should happen just because someone comes on here rallying for it and I don't believe that there should be no taxed deeds but I do feel taxes should be cut in half except for rows which were cut in half already. Nothing Ive heard so far in this thread regarding the OP is changing the facts.

Sol Stormlin likes this.
  10. golruul

golruul Avatar

I have a PA deed because I personally don't want to deal with the whims of a governor in a PoT.

I'm against the "single deed for everywhere" concept because, to me, there's a clear difference between PoT and PA deeds and these differences should target different price points (which they do).

However, I would be okay with converting all deeds into a single type provided Port gives me refunds, in cash, for the PA deeds.

Also, cynical me just reads the original post as a "I want these expensive things for free!!!!" type of post.

11. Floors

Floors Avatar

What do you think the odds are of a company in Port's cash situation giving out refunds, eh ? lol.

Why are there still so many unused areas (City lots, Castle lots etc) that no deeds have ever been used on years after rush ? How about expiring those deeds and reselling them !

12. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

I suspect consolidating these now will cause another ''drama series'' with people raging all over the internet ... I've seen no good argument in these 4 pages as to why we should have 2 type of deeds . Maybe in time they will merge them into 1 deed type ...its just not a very good move right now .. Game is finally starting to be more enjoyable , lots of upcoming feature that people are hyped about .. and seeing more active people playing ...

But i agree they should be merged into 1 deed type and same for cotos ...

Cryodacry and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  13. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

No problem with 1 deed type, as far as place anywhere versus player owned towns. KS people got in early and got to choose almost 2 years in advance. They got them tax free. They got special houses for various tiers. No need for something extra for KS people, nor needing to protect RMT investments. Price points can still be different for taxed or not.

14. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Just to chime in..
    I dumped 1400 h including crafting and mining, into aftrr persistance.
    Played every lottery, and played mostly solo with 0 personal money into the game.

Crafting is a massive massive masive time sink not money sink.

Simply because ure mining ore for the exp beforr expending thst money on materials.
    Or your mining material you need and ure costs are pretty null.

Even still.. since persitance for 4 months following i averaged 8-10k an hour off mobs and loot, and more if i did spectral.
    My only real money( gold ) sink was for cotos for rent and repair.
    Hell i still have about a mil on my account. I also left it with 9 row deeds? 4 village deeds, and 2 town deeds. ( pots )

Allowing all deeds to be place anywhere encourages average people to place more than 1 house, and fill up some dead space. Which in turn pulls more gold from the economy. An economy that ( also dont know whose paying max price for cotos since i never paid more then 2200, and still see guildies sellen for 2200 ) but..
    I know i was picken u row deeds for 150k, paid 400k for both city deeds.. all just csuse i had gold sitting there.
    Aslo yes i gmed multiple crafting skills as well..

I think theres a pretty big disconnect between people exchanging deco items and actusl gold kicken on playrrs who dpnt care as much about deco.

I mean at this point if i was playen even 10% of what i used too, id be selling gold by the mil aswell, as no intrest in deco items people paid 20$ for and think they r worth that in gold.

And i feel a lot of average players would br in same boat.
    Chsnge to deeds makes it more non - rmt friendly.. pulls gold out of economy and actually helpz maitain the value of those items by having less gold in circulation, no?

15. golruul

golruul Avatar

0% chance. Even if they were flush with money, I would still say 0% chance. Maybe I just don't get around enough for games, but I can't think of a time a gaming company actually did this.

Port isn't going to combine the two deed types. That's just not realistic. From what I've seen they're pretty careful when it comes to the topic of screwing with people's money.

Everyone's better off suggesting other ways to achieve the same goal, like having tax free PA deed bundles or have an "upgrade your PoT to PA deed" program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.