Incoming Upper Tears Nerf

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Floors, Aug 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Floors

Floors Avatar

Well, you heard it.

Time to start hitting UT hard this weekend and each weekend before R57 before it's no longer worthwhile.

By Tor, FrostII, Perashim and 4 others like this.
  2. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

Grind, grind grind!!! It's so fun!

Fruck, Katu, Scanphor and 3 others like this.
  3. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

some zone should be level restricted to avoid easy mass powerleveling...

eli, Daigoji Gai, Sole and 3 others like this.
  4. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

Yep... balance, nerf, balance, nerf.

Lord Trady of Blix and Mishras like this.
  5. Mishra

Mishra Avatar

I enjoy this scene not only for the XP, but I’ve met a lot of new people. Hopefully they don’t ruin all the fun.

FrostII, Nikko, Gustach and 4 others like this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

When he says Upper Tiers, does he mean the “special area”, or the actual area?

Mishras likes this.
  7. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

I never even explored the area. lol

Jaesun, moxiepilot and Mishras like this.
  8. redfish

redfish Avatar

We shall never surrender!
    [​IMG]

Cordelayne and Dinsoo like this.
  9. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

I totally agree.
    Upper Tears finally brought a Social element to Shroud.
    I have met so many new players by grouping in UT > 90% of them were awesome, 10% of them were free-loading AFK'ers or power-leveling alts.

As Chris always says > "As usual, this is why we can't have nice things"
    So alas @Mishras, @Chris will destroy the only reason people started meeting new people & we will be back to players soloing their chosen creatures.... :(
    With the last patch/balance adjustment, many groups already became suicide missions.

So with the next adjustment, if you don't have a PhD in Excel spreadsheets or unfortunately play in non-peak hours, UT cave will be a no-go zone....

Of course @Chris means the cave/special area.
    It was the one place in Shroud, people were meeting others & having fun!
    Can't be having that, can we?

FrostII, Nikko, Ronni and 9 others like this.
  10. Gustach

Gustach Avatar

If the nerf comes true... I just dont get it.
    We already have a cap in the xp per hour gained by attenuation. Why change the best and most played scene in the game nowadays?

FrostII, Nikko, Ronni and 7 others like this.
  11. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

I am going to have to agree with you here. But the toning down of the loot is a must .... XP should stay the same but the drops from this need to be nerfed into the ground. There needs to be a balance between good drops and good xp. Having both is just wrong

12. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

It is probably you guys (xp whores) multi grinding UT that is creating all these hitching problems all over Novia...
    Slay their heads!

Jaesun likes this.
  13. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

I think the really high lvl players need a place like this, it takes so much xp to lvl beyond 100.
    If it is too much loot, so reduce/adjust it maybe, so players go to UT and reward is good XP mainly.
    Lower lvl are already kind of banned from there, because after it changed most groups asking for 100+ players now. :)

14. Apollo31

Apollo31 Avatar

Seriously...I have run Upper Tears with groups of people I have never met and had the best time! I am one of those people that is always in party mode alone. I pulled myself out of the shell to group up because it was worth it. I have made a bunch of new SOTA friends from this!!!! Please do not nerf this to extinction. I beg you!

Edit:
    Oh and by the way I have been using Alt-F for the group locator...works very well if groups are open and a reason to go!

Mishras, FrostII, Nikko and 7 others like this.
  15. Kazar McKillin

Kazar McKillin Avatar

I grind alone, yeah
    With nobody else
    I grind alone, yeah
    With nobody else
    You know when I grind alone
    I prefer to be by myself

16. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

Wow, really wow. You have an area where all of the posts are super positive. A place where people really enjoy meeting others. A place that forces teamwork. A place where those who are grouped together must meet come into the same instance. I personally have meet many people who I had never grouped with before LFG & UT came out and now you want to “tone it down”? You know that means it will become extinct like the monkey room. Sometimes the numbers you see on paper DO NOT reflect the human aspect. Your numbers may show that something is not quite right in UT, but I can tell you that your numbers do NOT show that people enjoy that area, the groups, conversations, friendships, etc. that comes with venturing in that area.

I guess we should have seen this coming. It has happened in the past. People enjoy an area for too long and BAM. Well I’m sure once it happens you will see groups going only to the Rise again. It’s sad, I really thought more places like UT were going to make its way into the game after the devs saw how popular it had become and because of all of the positive posts about it. Some will say they trust that the devs know what they are doing by changing things and I am sure they will continue their trust even when they are the only person left playing the game, but for the rest of us it really puts a damper into a place we enjoy going and having fun in.

By Tor, FrostII, Ronni and 8 others like this.
  17. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Are you kidding me? I can make more an hour running through the Krawl and Krul than in Upper Tears. With a party of 8, we might get 2k each from the loot drops in an hour, maybe more if the RND gods are nice and drop a few lich skulls and skel bones. In the Krawl and Krul, we get something to the tune of 3k each, and there's much lower difficulty.

Elwyn, Synergy Blaize and Scanphor like this.
  18. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

Good example Tachys, and in the Rise I get a better drop rate of bundles than in UT.

Mishras and Synergy Blaize like this.
  19. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Right?

With the state of loot I this game, there should never be a call to nerf it... ANYWHERE. That’s like misery not just loving company, but demanding it!

20. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I think this might be extream, and people who have done upper tears knows its a bit cheesy esp during dbl xp weekends. Super fast and easy xp everyone just spam banish and xp just flows in. the loot is fast and easy the non stop spawns make this a great spot to make gold also.

Its a good place to pull groups and it should remain good even after his milder change. Id rather see places like the rise, krull become the better place to group ut's stand in one spot and spam a skill isnt challanging enough for the reward it pays. Chris posted a chart last week the rise had the same amount of deaths as ut but uts traffic was off the charts.

There is no risk accociated with the reward, make ut harder or make the harder stuff pay better.

This what I hate about dbl xp weekends..

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    Elwyn and Steevodeevo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.