Incoming Upper Tears Nerf

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Floors, Aug 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Svahn

Svahn Avatar

Aha - this explains why I couldn't find a UT group to join last weekend, me being only level 70.
    Everytime I checked in LFG level 90+ was required.
    It's not only level 100+ that needs help gaining xp in my view.

Ronni likes this.
  2. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Gotta agree with most people here, UT is the best thing to happen to this game. First time in 3 years I have grouped with people and I have lead hundreds of hours worth of tears.

I would allow several new players (or at least very low lvl players) in the old tears group to help them out. The change 2 weeks ago made it so I could only allow maybe 1. If you make it harder then none.

If you change tears again I would suggest that change not be in difficulty, drop the xp per mob by 1/4.

The simple fact is that I think most people do not like the 30 minute wait per run during 2x xp. I would prefer to be able to run one non-stop Tears which allowed people to come and go as they need to.

Another option, return it to how it was (max lich was 1100 hp) and cut the xp per mob by 50%. That would allow us to still make about 1 mil xp an hour in 2x, let lower lvl people in to help out and let us run it 24x7.

I have met a thousand new people in Tears group. I finally opened up my friends list again and have hundreds of new friends. To understand the difference, I only allowed 10 people on my friends list before. UT probably saved this game. Dont mess with it again.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  3. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

The 30/30 is what makes it feel most broke, the better solution might be to cap ut at 600k xp to encourage grouping, and leave the harder more riskey stuff at a million.

Ut killed all control point groups because its easier and pays better. Control points are more risk and take a more organized group.

4. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

I'm just 83 and after they made it harder I wasn't in UT anymore. Think there is need now for equal help from everone in party
    or at least not to care for us lower lvl to ress while fighting the liches :D
    There should be maybe an "UT" for our lvls as well....maybe it exists already and we just don't know it :)

Ronni, Sole, Cordelayne and 1 other person like this.
  5. Floors

Floors Avatar

Perhaps you're right, but I think much of this stems from the "We're just standing around argument". Well, I'm a tank so I don't just stand around during tears, I'm running all over the place. The casters and archers stand around but that's because it's in a cave and their playstyle and it's safer. Did you play UT during R56 ? We already earn significantly less experience than before, it got slightly harder and now it's going to get even more hard, so it just pushes it into the realm of higher level players and not those 80+ or close to it, which is unfortunate I think. "Milder changes" but if you make "Mild" changes release after release, that adds up to big changes. Why ruin a good thing ?

As far as loot, okay, we're dumping a lot of wood and metal scrap and in 2 months of UT I've gotten like 12 lich skulls and 13 skeleton bones.... maybe 4 or 5 yellow supply bundles and a whole bunch of obsidian chips... not exactly breaking the bank.

Honestly I expected *more* and varied versions of UT...

6. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Ive played ut non stop every dbl xp weekend and if you remove the yellow and blue bags and rare arti drops the sheer gold ive made in ut has been mind blowing. I sell everything gems chips and rusted gear.

It takes 32 mins at most to attenuate vrs the 29 before during dbl xp, the change was little too no effect on this for groups.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  7. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Thats the next thing, the loot drops should have already had been made much better with the last doubling of the mobs HP. Make it harder, we better start seeing some blue bags.

I can only make at most 2K gold selling the things that drop per 2 hour runs as it is.

Brewton likes this.
  8. Floors

Floors Avatar

That's cool, but not everyone has done that. Some of us can only play for a few hours even on the weekends, and even then I get sick of UT after 4 hours of it anyhow. That just goes back to the "if you can play more, you'll get more stuff, regardless" thing.

Brewton likes this.
  9. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Mabey you have bad rng ive gotten 5 blue bags so far.

10. Floors

Floors Avatar

Yeah I have totally not gotten any blue bags. So you are either playing like 24 hours on the weekend UT nonstop, which is cool, or really lucky, or both. Because I've gotten none since I started doing UT back in June.

Matt Harris and Brewton like this.
  11. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I put a crap load of time in I play all weekends long and solo during the non dbl xp time, ut is that good.

101-103 took me 6 months to get 103-115 took me july.

Mishras and Vero like this.
  12. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

In the thousand hours I have put in tears, I have seen 1 blue bag drop in the entire loot table period. I might get a yellow bag once every 10 hours

Elwyn, Mishras, FrostII and 1 other person like this.
  13. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Like I said mabey bad luck, ive got better drops soloing though since I dont have to share loot then.

14. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

I run UT a lot and never had any blue bundles drop, it probably is my bad luck, but I also sell EVERYTHING I get and only make about 2k gold. So it seems as my experience mirrors that of many others. But we are not breaking bank with UT runs, we are not flooding the market with blue or higher bundles. So why another change? Like I stated in my other post, sometimes the human factors should out weight the numbers from a chart, but that is my opinion. lol

FrostII and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  15. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Yes it's been quite noticeable that high levels seem to be the only ones welcome in UT groups now. Nice how people have used UT and Monkey room before that to get a leg up and now seem to have pulled up the rope behind them...

buz likes this.
  16. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

UT & the Monkey Room were some of the worst things in this game. LFG was doing great in getting newer players more socially involved. However, it's now being overshadowed by the constant mindless grind in UT. It now caters to players that want to do the one thing that I despise most in this game. Grind. *barf*

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  17. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Chris posted a chart for this mabey he can do it here, this zone blows away all metrics vrs other harder zones. If this is to be the standard then the harder stuff needs a major buff.

Elwyn likes this.
  18. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Monkey room almost made me quit this game, this is another cp but grouping has been great. Id like to see harder stuff pull in groups not the stand in one spot places.

19. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

I can say that when I post LFG I do not put that lvl req in and it seems to work out. Yes we do have to rez the lower lvl people a little more often now, but we haven't had a full party wipe. I would say to look out for my LFGs, but I have been playing a lot less since the change and will probably play even less once they put in this change. As they say "Don't hate the player, hate the game!"

Lesni likes this.
  20. Floors

Floors Avatar

Not everyone a.) is AL 115 b.) Can Solo Tears and keep everything for themselves c.) want to do that.

Let's stay on topic here, and not devolve this into bragging about how much stuff we get and how great we are, when the majority obviously DONT have that experience.

FrostII likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.