Incoming Upper Tears Nerf

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Floors, Aug 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Svahn

Svahn Avatar

We all have different amounts of time to spend.
    I can only play between 1 and 4 hours total on weekends.
    And maybe 30 minutes on a weekday at the moment.

I only did the UT room twice.
    I thought it got repetivite after 1 hour since it was the same thing over and over, but it was good xp.
    :) And it was fun to group with people and interesting to mingle with higher level players in an action event :).
    (Hopefully I wasn't too much of a liability, nobody remembers it now anyway, hehe)

Mishras, Cordelayne and Lesni like this.
  2. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

If you read my post as bragging then you should go back and reread it. It was about the time and effort 6 months for 2 levels vrs 1 month for 12 harder levels. That points to the reason why it needs to be ballanced i.e your OP.

If ut is the new standard of xp gain then thats fine all i ask is the harder more risky stuff be better.

Even you know the truth of ut

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  3. Svahn

Svahn Avatar

Makes sense, there should be balance. But balance can take time to fix.
    Seems to me like the entire game should be boosted.

4. Svahn

Svahn Avatar

They could use UT to experiment with scaling the mobs to current players in the scene.
    But that is perhaps difficult to do.

Brewton and Gaelis like this.
  5. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

That is something we can agree on! I like it Brass!

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  6. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

See I can agree here doing stuff that costs me potential deaths should pay enough for that risk. In ut I will never die, doing the rise I might die wiping out most of my potential gain because it has a higher risk factor.

Brewton likes this.
  7. Floors

Floors Avatar

Okay, but consider this: The way the leveling system is designed is on an infinite curve. Also the way the skills are designed there are not such huge differences between them, for example skills where the bonus is + 8 percent at 100 and +10 percent at 120. Since everyone is likely to taper off long before a hard cap (200) is possible in the time frame of the game, UT or no, why not keep something that was useful to mid to high level players, encouraged social behavior, and also gave a bit of relief to the heavy, heavy grind this game has ?

We're still basically going to have a high XP area, but just now the changes make it so less people mid level (80+) can enjoy it... There's already so many things that cater to high level players you know ? Like all the new creatures they added. Most of the high level scenes with bosses.

At least add a "tears-like" area for 70-90 level type players. For reference I'm currently running around with AL 96, if it helps, and I do also gained alot of levels from tears over the last few months, but it was fun... Do we want to remove the fun from our game ?

8. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

I do same amount of xp in group or solo in the rise so no rush

Brewton likes this.
  9. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

What the game needs is real and viable dungeons for diffrent levels of groups ut is fine its easy in design it would be a great mid level area, it should be compensated accordingly to its risk vrs reward.

10. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

I guarantee if we had exit polls why people left SOTA, excessive nerfing would be a top 5 reason.

Mishras, Lesni, FrostII and 6 others like this.
  11. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

So lets go with buffing... make the hader stuff better.

Raise the cap on the rise to 2 million etc and speed up spawners a bit.

Id also like to see the old school trains in harder dungeons.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  12. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

I'm with Apollo and Blaize. Since i've been grouping in UT i've met a ton of outstanding people. I've thoroughly enjoyed the teaming and cooperation and have added many people to my friends list.

I've also gained an unimaginable amount of XP. I don't pay that much attention to the loot though. i'm not a ninja looter and just take what the dice give me. Anything that will detract from people grouping here will be unfortunate.

Fenris

FrostII and Brewton like this.
  13. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Chris had posted elsewhere that it's not specifically that it's overpowered, but that because it's overpowered, nobody does anything else, because they feel like it's wasted time when they could be getting more XP in UT. I sort of feel that way, but about Elysium. I want to earn crafter XP, and right now, the by-far best place is Elysium, unless you can afford to buy a lot of mats to earn XP by crafting. I sometimes go to Graff if I need gold (Crag is better for gold, but I don't like how much time is spent fighting the eight million ghosts) or Resolute Sewers if I'm too bored in Elysium, though I always feel like I'd be doing better in Elysium.

The easy solution is nerfing UT. the better solution, I think, is creating more UTs with different mobs, different loot types, etc. so that people have other options.

It would be nice if there were a lower level place or two. Something where AL50s could group up, and maybe get 200-300k xp an hour. Not really enough for high level players to bother soloing, as there's better, but more than what you can earn at AL50 easily.

buz, Elwyn, Matt Harris and 6 others like this.
  14. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

Or, just get rid of the infinite grind. Set skill/adv/prod lvl caps - Put all your current XP in a bottle, then let player delegate to their avatar(s) in a new skill system with caps. We will no longer have to worry about an issue like this. Otherwise, there will always be a meta place that 90% of the populations hangs out at.

15. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

bb.b..bb..bb... but... The fact is that I have met a THOUSAND new players in Tears since it was created. It seems to me that the vast majority of players want to do Tears, especially considering this game arch-type. Why would you want to ruin it because you dont like it. Its not really grinding unless you make it. You could join a group, run it one time for 30 minutes, suck in that 1 mil XP and then go about your business. People do this all the time. That's not really grinding. Its actually not really your place to tell to those thousand people how they play the game, if they want to grind tears then let them grind Tears. You dont have to participate, there are still lots of dance parties all over the game.

It is literally the best thing put in this game to date and I can honestly say its probably what has actually saved the game (and its current) population to this date.

They actually gave us something that most people enjoy doing...

This is the first time I have really grouped in 3 years.

buz, Mishras, FrostII and 3 others like this.
  16. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

This

Bambino likes this.
  17. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Wow this is where ur rng is better than mine, I only meet the same 25 players.

Elwyn, Sole and Bambino like this.
  18. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

What!? A thousand? The only active players left are those that like to mindlessly grind. Not just ME, but thousands of players do not like the skill/level system as it is. It's blatantly apparent, and extremely hard to ignore.

First time to group in three years? There is really something wrong here. And, this is clearly not the solution.

Again, this isn't a me thing. This is a mass exodus of players thing.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2018
  19. Kazar McKillin

Kazar McKillin Avatar

Grinding is so good for you
    It makes you strong and clever too
    Grinding is a current craze
    Grind some every day

Mishras and Brass Knuckles like this.
  20. Xeng

Xeng Avatar

When UT came out the first time my group of 3 struggled hard there and we weren't able to kill the last spawns, so we joined open groups and got our skills up. This enabled us to do it with 3 men whenever we wanted and we could get a few newer players in, helping them leveling up. After the last change we were already powerfull enough that we could do it with 2 and add more newer player as long as they stay away from the whirlwind of the melee Lichs. In my opinion if they make it harder it will not hurt my group of 3 to do it like before and get our 1m exp whenever we feel like it.
    My problem is that as a newer player there won't be the possibility to easily raise up your skills to come to the level where you can help in Upper Tears, this results in the higher level players will raise their skills more and more, while the newer or low level players will struggle and therefore increase the gap between those groups significantly. Like in the real world, the rich are getting richer, while the poor stay poor.

buz, FrostII and Mac2 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.