Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Incorrect bank items for second account

Discussion in 'Offline Mode' started by Aurelius Silverson, Aug 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

Finally trying the offline mode, created a character on my oldest account, worked through the encounter and reached a bank, claimed items - popup came for the account name and password, put those in and all I expected from his pledge and subsequent purchases are deposited in the bank.

Saved game, logged off. Later came back and tried creating a character for my second account, higher level pledge and different store items purchased over the years. Again, on reaching the bank and hitting 'claim' get asked for the account name and password - put in the relevant detains for that account - and get a duplicate list of the items for the first account placed in the second account's bank.

Characters have different names, each has a different savegame, but the item listings in the two are identical and most certainly should not be!

2. Aurelius Silverson

Tested this a bit further and I'm afraid the results are depressing.

Completely deleted the existing characters and savegames. Shut down the client completely, then restarted, created a new character, ran him through the starting scenario and made my way to a bank, to claim items. As expected, when the claim option is chosen, you need to log in to SotA, so put in the account name and password for my main, Lord Marshal, account. And the items that appear in the bank are the far smaller pledge level account I have. So it's pretty obvious that despite asking for the account name and password, it is NOT checking what you are entitled to at all, it's simply handing me the items that are on the lower level account - which, as it happens, is the first one I ever logged in on with when claiming bank items for offline character.

To me, it looks like thee is only ever one check for bank items - and the data it gathers from there is ALL you can ever get in offline mode. Short of completely uninstalling the game, I have no idea how I can get the things that are part of my 'biggest' account available in my offline game. This is ridiculous...... why bother even asking for an account name and password after the first time you create a character and claim items if you can never get anything different afterwards? And if you are going to ask for account and password info, for heaven's sakes follow through on that by giving the items that account is meant to have!

3. BurningToad

BurningToad Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hello! Sorry that you are having trouble claiming the rewards for the account you are looking for in offline mode. It is confusing, and we could definitely make this system a bit better for offline. However, I believe there is a way to do what you are looking for.

You don't need to delete any characters or saved games. The key is to go into offline mode and then hit "Load" on the UI, and then "New Game". This is what will wipe the data about any previous reward claiming and set you up completely fresh. By deleting the characters and saved games, you actually still stayed on the existing saved account behind the scenes.

Aurelius Silverson and Jaesun like this.
  4. Aurelius Silverson

That seems to have worked! Thank you.

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.