Earn Sir Patrick's Freedom quest

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Manxis, Aug 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Witcheypoo

Witcheypoo Avatar

if you read the quest it says to wear something yellow. Dye your gear yellow and go in, they should NOT aggro once you do that!

2. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

Does that actually work? If so, I should probably offer and apology to the next of kin of that entire camp...

Witcheypoo likes this.
  3. Witcheypoo

Witcheypoo Avatar

It worked for me, the love armor has yellow markings on it, nothing attacked me, they even said things about ooo if you weren't wearing yellow!

4. Metalton

Metalton Avatar

Huh, never thought of that :) Didn't intentionally wear anything yellow in there, though technically my backpack has a yellow buckle.. maybe that counted ;)

5. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Sir Patrick will die in his cage, since I failed on ... I believe it was wave 3, which I did not even manage to survive a 1:1 fight after getting one of them far enough from his companion.
    Some unfair points:
    Text transports a different message about one warruior to defeat.
    No time for rest after defeating one wave, you get immediately overwhelmed with low health and focus by the next wave.
    Mobs following out of the arena borders. Leaving the arena should mean, that you lost the fight, the parties involved heal up. This would be my expectation.

(Well, I did fight as a warrior with my founder stuff, maybe this plays a role as well.)

6. icruhk

icruhk Avatar

Indeed, for the fights in arena, I kept died and got frustrated also as the path of courage was my first main quest.

Until one day I found a funny tricks in the fights. If you talked to the Kobold commander, he would said that Kobold have honor because they don’t fight each other, just don’t like human.

But, the funny thing is once you were in the arena and the fight started, just went outside the arena and headed to the nearest Kobold guards, once the arena’s kobolds hit the Kobold guards, they would fight each other and you just need to stay around and have a pop corn and watch. Those guards are very strong and good enough to kill the arena’s Kobolds.

Elwyn likes this.
  7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I just assumed that you just had to die repeatedly to finish this quest. Since the area is marked as a green zone, at the time. I finally left, not finishing it, and then learned that all the quests after the banners are all tier 5....

8. Rat2

Rat2 Avatar

Sir Patrick is doomed.

9. Witcheypoo

Witcheypoo Avatar

heh i did this at about AL 55 and it was hardcore and sucked! how i eventually won was by kiting the mobs around the OUTSIDE of the "arena" and doing a LOT of running away and coming back. If you stay in the zone it will not reset to the beginning... just chew them down as you can! Good luck!

10. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Funny thing, they also chastise you for running away, yet their mages and archers do that all the time. It's almost as though they don't act as they say. Hmmm.

It's an artifact of how the faction system works, but I like it. It was quite a surprise the first time I saw it happen. If they're not going to be fair and give you a chance to rest up, you can also be unfair and trick them into fighting each other.

Jaesun and Witcheypoo like this.
  11. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

It sounds like you've run into a bug. I saw something similar happen to another player recently. That scne has two versions: an "easier" solo version (to free Sir Patrick) and a harder multiplayer version (with No Sir Patrick). The other player wasn't able to free Sir Patrick, but the game thought he did and wouldn't put him into the solo version anymore and therefore he couldn't advance the quest. If you want to submit your situation as a bug report, please mention in that report that it might be similar to issue #61180.

Elwyn, Metalton and Jaesun like this.
  12. Metalton

Metalton Avatar

I'm going to take that as "I was right" ;)

-Met

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.