Welcome New Players!

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Berek, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Manxis

Manxis Guest

And Now I'm trapped in Aerie cause its under siege!
    Boy they don't make it easy for new players do they.

Ataniiq likes this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

@Manxis add either of my characters they are named Anpu or Suti to your friends list. Those are my in game names. If you see ether one of my characters on, please feel free to message me anytime! Id be happy to help.

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

If you are now in Aerie, take the road to Blood River, there’s a Lunar Rift in there.

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Ahhh I'm sorry. It's ok there's so much to learn to make life a bit easier for you. To bind talk to a town crier and type "bind" or click on the option. You can drag recall and teleport scrolls to your non combat bar. You can find player venders in towns. and if you point at names of towns/scenes on the map it will tell you what services are there or if none are. What is your in game name? Yes sorry the f key is your friends list and you can right click names there to see options and you can right click a player to see options. Make sure you have whispers checked on your convo window you are creating to not miss communication. If someone whispers right click their name to whisper back. To get back to local type /local. In case someone is next to you talking and not whispering chat to you. It not the easiest or most intuitive chat system but once you learn to work with it it will help you. Pin your chat windows opened. Getting a bind spot and some more contacts will help you. It's a helpful community. If you prefer not to get into a guild atm it just takes a bit of time to set up things to better assist yourself. I'll be happy to help too when I get back. I'm sure the community will contact you in game if they read this. @jaeson is great helper. I've known him in game for a while and lucky me. So many wonderful players in this game. I know many who would go out of their way to help others find their way. @Luca Xante is another good friend I have who has helped so many players find their way. There's so much potential for this game and once you get quality of life tips you'll be set to further enjoy the journey.

Luca Xante likes this.
  5. Manxis

Manxis Guest

Hey Majoria,
    My in-game name is the same as my forum name.. Manxis.
    Thanks for tips. Last nights escapades went a long way to teach me the world map. I'm a tenacious bugger so I came back for me and Anpu jumped on and gave me a great primer into the moongates, the moongate tour, entrances, ways around seiges, food and devotionals, so I think he really set me up for success with the bare bones basics of how to play the game.
    I had 4000+ gold yesterday from the start area and spent a couple of it buying skills. Wasted a little buying mistakes. You know.. SO money-wise I seem to be doing ok. I've grown exceptionally cautious after dying in places I thought I was ok, but workin through it.

Ravenscar, majoria70 and Jaesun like this.
  6. dodontommy

dodontommy Avatar

Hello everyone! I joined the world for the first time last night after a loooooong hiatus from Ultima Online. Just wanted to say hello and how much I am enjoying SotA so far, can't wait to see some of you in-game!

7. Boobles

Boobles Avatar

Hi everyone, I made an archer and I'm enjoying the various aspects of the game. I probably need to join an xp group my skills aren't levelling as quickly now that they're crossing 100+.

majoria70 likes this.
  8. Floors

Floors Avatar

You need to take a hard look at what you're actually gaining. some skills have some incredibly minor changes between 100 and 120 and you're going to waste literally millions of xp putting them to 120 when it would be better to diversify. Just the way the game is designed.

Boobles and the Lacedaemonian like this.
  9. the Lacedaemonian

the Lacedaemonian Avatar

If there is any assistance I can provide to new players, I welcome the opportunity.

When I was first playing, there were so many confounding aspects of the game, that, at times I would simply stand and think about my next move.

That is the scenario for playing Shroud without quests to guide you or otherwise impart basic knowledge about the next step.

Having said that, I welcome all new players to add "Hyperlight Drifter" as a friend. Then when I am online, we can find out the mysteries of Shroud, together.

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  10. the Lacedaemonian

the Lacedaemonian Avatar

So it's clear, I just today changed my name in game from "the Lacedaemonian" to "Hyperlight Drifter".

Winfield and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  11. Nevyn Waldail

Nevyn Waldail Avatar

Hello all, just downloaded the game after hearing about it last night for the first time. Old UO player, joined back in the original beta for that and played on the Europa server for several years. looking forward to trying this to see if it offers anything close to the UO experience:) Don't quite have the time I used to but I'll play when I can.
    Cheers.

Gaelis likes this.
  12. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

First of Welcome !

Seccond off ... if you would like a place to live and get settled in ... please let anyone know... There are tons of us that can help with getting you a place to put your stuff and call home !

BoldEagle likes this.
  13. Buriza

Buriza Avatar

Hi! Can`t wait to start a new adventure :D

Jaesun and Ravenscar like this.
  14. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

welcome need anything let me know, can hook you up!

15. Tancreddo

Tancreddo Avatar

Hello everyone!! Wife and I just started playing with some friends who have been in it since the alpha. We look forward to meeting new people and having some fun adventures. We are long time MMO players and can't wait to see what SOTA has to offer :)

Thanks!!

16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello @Tancreddo and hello to your wife. Welcome to the game. I am Majoria in game if I can ever be of assistance. There really is a lot to see and do. I'd be happy to show you or answer any questions.

17. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Welcome Tancreddo. If I'm in game when you are, and you have questions, /w Vladamir Begemot, . Have fun!

18. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

Welcome to the game :)

19. CICI

CICI Avatar

Hi & welcome to the game! :):D:p

20. Decarpo

Decarpo Avatar

Hi all,
    Long time MMO player here from Denmark.
    I just started this character yesterday and plan on taking it easy and slow in SotA in order to get the best experience out of the game.
    So far I like what I have seen. Played a few hours yesterday evening and are currently running around near the refugee camps in the beginner area.