Community & Grouping & New Players & Veterans

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brian4, Aug 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian4

Brian4 Avatar

The title says it all this is one big huge mess in a blender. Please let me explain myself. First, it was this post that made me want to write this.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...community-together.137973/page-2#post-1118369

I had posted at the OP I wanted him to block me in-game because he is exactly the type of player I don't want to team with. I did that as an Impulse and if he happens to read this I apologize, @Chrystoph Reis
    I DO NOT want people separated by adv lvl. But there is a lot of things at stake too.

As a Tank, if your good one you are going to get hit a lot and armor will take a beating costing you for repairs. UNLESS you have a fast Damage dealing group. Now if you have a NOT good enough healer your most likely going to die the last round. For this reason alone I do not go to Tears anymore as a Tank till I know what people are using.
    Then you have the ROF Mages who want you to pull everything into there ROF. Ok, that's easy enough for footman but getting sharpshooters to do that don't work so well.
    I don't have a healing build yet but that is coming soon I imagine it can be a pain in the ass when you have a low damage team and you have to heal or concentrate on more than a couple team members costing you regs.

This game is designed for you to be OP at your choice of skills and Playstyle and the option to level other skills and wearing other gear to be good and even OP at a support style of playing but you would have to level them skills a lot higher to be decent or OP in a support playstyle.

I could go on and on about things but I think most would understand this who spend time in teams and PVE

We definitely need a better way for OPEN teams to get together

The best example I can remember was Guild Wars. where it was like 4 types of playstyles TANK/HEALER/DAMAGE/SUPPORT and you could set the amount of each you wanted and once they were filled the team was ready to go.

I've played so many games I usually always solo in most everything I've played and the list is long. I've played games since me and my cousins fought over the controller to play Pong in the late 70's early 80's. I have always been competitive and try to be the best at what I do always learning from others

My playstyle is I adapt to the situation and try to fill in where I can. I think some people have the misconception of GM's too. Thinking that the more GM's you have the better you are. In some cases, I would assume this as well. I've played with several people with 100+ Gm's and they are just not a team player. They are so used to one style of play that they don't switch there deck to accommodate the Team. That is fine They must be trying to show off how great they are all by themselves rather than help the team get a common goal.

Also one more thing I agree with a few people I spoke with that a launch a player wipe would have been ideal
    Without any research, I bought the game because of Richard Garriot Not knowing it was crowd-funded not knowing that people already had the prime housing locations. not knowing everything Kickstarters have bought multiples of are not available anymore other than through other players at an extremely inflated price
    Also0 not knowing there would be many people already adv lvl 130+ the day the game LAUNCHED. Not knowing if I enter a PVP zone I would be annihilated and have random item n gold taken from someone who has had 2 years to build there avatar.

After learning all this I have not quit, in fact, i absolutly love this game for everything we can do with it. I can sell items for whatever I want I can buy most items for whatever I want. My biggest let down has been not being able to participate in a Balanced PVP environment until that is introduced I will only duel friends and honestly that is boring I enjoy Balanced Team PVP

Sorry for so much text I could write a bunch more on things because I do have a passion for this community and game just seems to be in a mess and it is going to be really hard to get it together better but it can be done if people humble themselves and realize there poop does stink and everyone has Problems and issues in real life just quit bringing them into the game and change your ways PAY IT FORWARD if your good at something or know something, talk to them don't make assumptions on the unknown. Don't expect everyone to change there playstyle to fit yours

Anywho
    Happy Trails People See ya In-Game
    Boo Ladedada

2. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I agree with everything you said but take issue with this. Most the people I know (such as myself) with 100+ GM's have them to help train others. Yes, there are some who do it because they want to walk around with 100+ GM's but those people are rare. With Atos breaking UT (and about to completely ruin it), I dont need all my GM's and I unlearned a bunch this weekend and moved the XP into my main skills. We cant allow alts or new players because they will just die so I cant teach any longer :(

3. 3devious

3devious Avatar

You can always teach me. I don't care about dying.

4. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Is UT the only zone that allows grouping and teaching?

Barugon likes this.
  5. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

I'm sure you know UT is NOT the only zone for grouping and teaching, but it was the most well rounded zone that you could do it in. Control Points are a bit to fast pace where you can't really take to many lower GMs because you will always wipe and no one will be able to learn. I know that I was tired of the Rise since joining the games years ago, so UT became my new hunting ground for a bit.

FrostII likes this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The way people treat it, you would think it is.

Mykll likes this.
  7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

And I agree if we could have a wipe at release would have been awesome but alas due to rmt's we could not do it.

Also if you play this game long enough you are able to get your own amount of GM's if you choose.

I also think the group finder system does need more added to it.

We also need the ability to make raid groups. We are still missing some basics for sure.

Also my thought on generalizing and thinking everyone has the same feelings about a thing would surprise some people. Not directed at anyone but just a thought.

Most of us have experienced our own negative experiences from being in a group. Mostly so far in this game my own experiences have been positive. We do have a lot of awesome people playing this game.

So getting a good group finding system to allow players to know what type of group they are getting into. Also for all players who create groups and join groups remember you are a team, be courteous, and look out for each other. Show the game world how grouping should be done. ;)

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

RMT aside, having a wipe at "release" would have had no effect on how the game is right now and only would have served to anger a large portion of the players.

Dhanas likes this.
  9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

True. Players can always catch up easily if they know how;)

Edited

Barugon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.