Steam reviews needs some love :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xee, Aug 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gix

Gix Avatar

@Xee You also can't expect the general public to write detailed reviews; the time investment (and the knowledge required to use the proper terminology) is too great.

Jaesun and Mischievous Dragon like this.
  2. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

You mean people are just lazy ;)

Nikko likes this.
  3. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

I'll be honest and clear with this topic.

The reviews don't needs love, the game needs love. From a developer point of view there is nothing more valuable than recieve an honest review, things you like and things you don't like. Just publishing good reviews will not make our game better, or give better reputation. I encourage people to write their reviews, but lets give them all the freedom to write what they want, based on their game's experience.

Cordelayne, Gorthyn, Jens_T and 4 others like this.
  4. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

I'm so confused. I posted something of speculation on the people that attack the game from outside vehicles such as reddit, etc, and it was deleted. How is that not related to this? Anyway... I do think it is a great idea, by the way, for people that play the game a lot to give some steam reviews. I never have, and I should. I guess I have not yet, simply because I never have used Steam as a platform to get to Shroud. I have thousands of hours in this game, and could give a meaningful review. It would not be 100% positive, but it would definitely be a good review.

jammaplaya likes this.
  5. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Perfectly stated here. Just be honest. Don't try to make it seem better than it is just to draw in more new people, and don't bash it to the ground simply because you spent a lot on it, and it isn't exactly what you wanted. There are some truly great things about this game, and there are certainly some things that make you scratch your head. That's to be expected. Honesty is all we can do to help improve things here.

jammaplaya, Elwyn and Xee like this.
  6. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Couldn't have said it better.

7. Floors

Floors Avatar

Minecraft doesn't look "dated". That's it's graphical style, it's supposed to look like that.

Not every game has to be pushing the boundaries of the latest GPU to be fun.

Since when has great graphics ever meant great game ....Final Fantasy 15 proves that

Xee likes this.
  8. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

This post is getting off-topic and going into disparaging comments about other people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.