How to use Immortality Fruid & Royal Elderberry seeds?

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Tyrir Lux, Aug 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyrir Lux

Tyrir Lux Avatar

I got these seeds as part of the Royal Artisan founder benefits, and I'm wondering how to make use of them.

The Royal Artisan doesn't include any free deeds, so I don't own property to place a pot in which to grow the seeds. Is that required? Do I need to first get a deed/house before I can use these seeds?

Thanks

2. Nubby

Nubby Avatar

You do need to have a place to put the pots to grow them. But you can get a pot row lot deed by finishing the main quest line, or you can rent space from another player.

FrostII and NANOC like this.
  3. Pifester

Pifester Bug Hunter

You will either need a deed and house, or find someone that has free places to live, and as a tenant - you can plant inside your room (which takes forever), or ask permission to plant it outside in a pot. Hope this helps. Outside - should take a couple days to mature, inside it will take a month or so. If you need a place to stay, I have a Inn in Soltown I am setting up, you are more than welcome to a room there. Message me here or in game. IGN is D'naeraeon Crenshezbon. Thanks

4. Lained

Lained Avatar

These two plants take seven days to mature outside, find someone with a greenhouse to cut that in half.

FrostII and Pifester like this.
  5. Tyrir Lux

Tyrir Lux Avatar

If you grow them as a tenant in another's house, can they just steal them?

6. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings @greenapple2, I can give you a spot in my greenhouse for you to put a couple of pots down as a tenant. I have tested it and as a tenant you can not change anything on the lot but toy can place your on items, like planting beds, and the owner of the lot can not move, harvest, or take them. My Green house is in New Fawn which is nested with harvest. PM me if you want to do it.

7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

not if the tenant flag is set properly (and if it is, it'll show: it'll actually say it's a tenant item in mouseover). they CAN send tenant items to the tenant's bank, but that's the only control they have.

Lesni, Spoon, FrostII and 1 other person like this.
  8. Floors

Floors Avatar

Plant the seed, water the plant when planting, water it again once it's a seedling, and water it one or two more times while it's growing.

When it's fully grown, enjoy it as a decoration or harvest it for the fruit. When you eat the fruit, you get the seed back, start over.

I do not find that immortality works particularly well, but YMMV.

9. Lained

Lained Avatar

Watering plants increases the yield, as the immortality & elderberry plants only ever produce one fruit there's no need to water after planting.

FrostII likes this.
  10. Fuzzy Lark

Fuzzy Lark Avatar

Hello, my understanding was that the immortality fruit healed you for 1000 points. Higher level Avatars would not benefit as much from that. I would like to know if there is a time delay before you could eat another one. If I had 5 of them and used rapidly could a mid level player kill a high level boss?

11. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

There is a cooldown on use i believe.

12. Lained

Lained Avatar

The cooldown is 24 hour.

13. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

CORRECTION:
    Leaving original here, however there is a comment by @Spoon down a bit that gives proper information.

Back when there was a bug about immortality seeds and they were tradable, then it is possible to have more than one.
    I would suspect it unlikely.
    Not sure if, in order to fix it the devs returned the original seeds to the original account.

You plant one, you harvest one, you use one - etc.
    Same with the dye - plant, harvest, make dye, use dye
    You do not get another one until you use one.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  14. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I think you are thinking of the Royal Purple bushes/seeds there.

For the immortality fruit then you can trade them but once you use them you get a debuff for 24h when you are not allowed to use another fruit.
    So it doesn't matter how many you have since you can only use one.
    (Now for me that means that I have 2 immortality fruits so that I can have one as a backup while the other one is growing. )

For the Elderberries then they let the ones created by the dupe bug remain but instead they handed out Royal Purple recipes to the original owners. So the rare factor is not in the berries but in the recipe.
    (Which was really a non-optimal solution compared to when it was reported and the player suggestions to fix it).

EDIT
    Found it in R34 release notes:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/release-34-instructions.64769/
    "
    • Royal Elderberry: We have decided to remove the No Trade flag on all forms of Royal Elderberry (plant, seed, dye, etc.).
    • Immortality Fruit: We have decided to remove the No Trade flag on all forms of Immortality Fruit (plant, seed, consumable, etc.).
    • Immortality Fruit: This now has a 24 hour cooldown so it can only be used once per day. However, it can now be freely traded between players (this includes all versions (seed, plant, etc.)

"

CrandalltheFoole likes this.
  15. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

Thanks for the clarification - I used my rather poor memory instead of searching. I was making dinner at the time........

Spoon likes this.
  16. Floors

Floors Avatar

It's not that, it's whenever I've used it (only 2x) it didn't heal me, just put an icon in the top left and I died anyway. I dunno if you have to use it first before you die or what, but I don't find it useful.

17. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

The issue is that it takes about the same amount of time as a potion, and that it can be interrupted by attacks.

So when you are really really close to dying, you need to run out of reach/duck behind cover while at the same time clicking the right glyph etc. Which isn't really practical.
    I've been using them since persistence and I get it right only about 50% of the time, and I would never use them in PvP.

So I've found them to be useful only when I run solo and when I know the mobs I'm fighting. Which most likely would be better served by some good potions, but hey, the immortality fruit is free and reusable and consumables have a cost so....
    hehe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.