1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Physical Goods Shipping Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jul 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bloodydragon

bloodydragon Avatar

To receive the physical rewards, you must have paid at least $125, correct? That is not a small amount for a video game, no matter what other people have paid. I know this has grown beyond that, but how does that negate the fact customer A has paid for something they don't have?

Personally, I only paid $165 but I am waiting - very patiently I would say (5 years) - for what I paid for. If this were ANY other good or service, I would have contacted my credit card company for a refund by now.

The bickering in this thread means nothing to people like me who have already paid for a good and/or service that has not been delivered. You can argue how hard Port is working, you can site how other things cost more. That does not change the fact that customers are asking for simple answers and not receiving them. The people on KS deserve answers. The statement that Port doesn't have enough "bandwidth" to answer simple customer - PAID customer - questions is beyond concerning. Someone needs to come out with a real solid date and share it here AND on KS.

Roland, Rendub, Xandra7 and 10 others like this.
  2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

That's not what you did... Kickstarter is not a store... You purchased nothing... You backed a project that had no guarantee of producing Anything.
    You will get your physical goods... But you didn't purchase anything other than a dream.

3. bloodydragon

bloodydragon Avatar

I backed right after KS. I paid for a promise and so did the backers, true. Say what you want, but if the devs keep putting more things up for sale without keeping those promises, it is only going to reflect badly on them.

Roland, Azzamean, Sir_Hemlock and 4 others like this.
  4. Meniketti

Meniketti Avatar

Yes, you're right. We invested in a dream because we believed in these people. We should be able to rely on honest communications coming on a regular basis, not leaving us in limbo for literally years.

I'm not entirely sure we will be getting our physical goods. I think several others are of the same concern. Even so, with all that's transpired, the way things have gone down, and the hostility I have seen and been met with for respectfully voicing legitimate concerns... at this point, I'd rather just have my money back.

Roland, Koldar, Rendub and 8 others like this.
  5. smack

smack Avatar

True, the KS campaign to ask for money ended, but the rewards have not yet been delivered. I think it would be time well spent to post an update on KS regarding shipping, be it an actual well formatted update or even a simple comment. The last update regarding shipping was on Feb 8 and the last comment they made was on Feb 9. A simple comment should not take that much time. That said, once shipment has been made, as a KS backer, I would fully expect them to post an actual KS Update on it.

Having supported hundreds of KS projects, from my experience across all of them, a lack of updates is the #1 reason backers lose faith, get angry, and create public perception issues. It's my primary method of receiving communication from those many projects, as I don't have the time to visit and sift through hundreds of different forums, across many thousands of threads on them. It should be the responsibility of the company that took my money to send me updates using the platform from which I gave them my money to obtain those rewards.

I would agree that once KS rewards have been delivered, then there wouldn't be any need to communicate further on that platform. But until that happens, it is Portalarium's obligation to do so.

Lord Lonn, Koldar, StarLord and 9 others like this.
  6. Corv

Corv Avatar

It's been 3 weeks since last update (July 25th). Any news? Did shipments leave the warehouse? Any news about the signed book?

Shadow, Koldar, Meniketti and 6 others like this.
  7. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

If it was me I'd simply do an update on KS every now and then with a link over here to the forums. No text is really necessary.

That way those still going to the KS page would find the updates with said links and click them to get to there where the info is.
    The more one could get those over there to get over here the better.

Mnerxix, Derium, Alley Oop and 5 others like this.
  8. Azzamean

Azzamean Avatar

I'm stunned at this thread. It's mind boggling on so many fronts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.