Free Attacking regular attacks vs Free Attacking skills

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Tyrir Lux, Aug 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyrir Lux

Tyrir Lux Avatar

It seems that auto-attacking while performing charged skills is considerably more effective than performing charged regular attacks. This is because auto-attacks occur while charging up skills.

1) Has anyone run the numbers to support this?

2) Also, is there a way to both charge regular attacks and charge skills concurrently? Maybe I've overlooked that possibility.

2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Depends on the size and armor/regen of the opponents you are facing and also if you are an archer how much ammo you are willing to spend.
    For instance:
    If you have a high armor target then it is better with charged attacks, while if it is many smaller targets then auto attack is better.

For me personally though I run with polearms, and I use only autoattack but that is mostly because it is the easiest feedback system of when I'm in or out of range to my target. If I'm in range the autoattack goes, if I'm out of range it doesn't. That way I don't waste my glyph attacks for nothing.

2)
    Using keyboard keys to charge a locked glyph while charging the regular attack with your mouse.
    However you have to be pretty twitchy to get that to work.

3. Tyrir Lux

Tyrir Lux Avatar

Can you explain further? It appears that the glyph charge always cancels the regular attack charge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.