Random double XP zones weekly.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chrystoph Reis, Aug 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Portalarium,

Make 1 zone per region double XP every week. Don't tell us where, just do it. Let us hunt it down then the farming can begin!

Make us explore

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Just make 2xp the norm. With the passes unlocked people will probably be exploring more. I certainly will.

3. Dread1313

Dread1313 Avatar

I think its cool that you are trying to put forth suggestions to make this game better, but im gonna have to vote "nay".
    Nothing personal, I just dont think it would work as good as it sounds. The population here is already spread thin... What if the 2x XP happens in a lowbie zone? What if its only a T2 zone that literally no one except noobs that have been only playing a few hours can take advantage of. These things need to be considered when putting forth ideas like this. What if it only happens in a T10 zone? Then no one but end game peeps can take advantage of it. This could be too lopsided, and it may take days if not the full week to find the "easter egg zone".
    Like I said, its a cool idea, but I think its gonna be one that sounds good on paper but is awful in application. The only way this would work, is with global scaling, and Ive already vehemently voiced my opinion on that.

FrostII likes this.
  4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I've said it before, and see no reason to not say it again.

Make what is currently 2xp the norm and get rid of this assinine death penalty.
    Fix all quests.
    Make loot something that even approaches reasonable.
    And give crafting/harvesting a LOT of love.

These alone will bring back most all of those who've left and keep our current population moving steadily forward ;)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  5. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

remove 2x XP entirely. The game was more fun before this was introduced.

6. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

chris did mention that he was reworking the death penalty. and while I have never had a huge issue with it a lot of people seem to have one so its probably a good idea to remove rework it and it seems he agrees.

I like the idea of bonus xp on weekend honestly but 2x might be to much. around 1.5 or so would still give inventive to play more on weekends but would not make playing during the week feel so much less rewarding.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  7. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Along this same thinking, i wouldnt mind some mechanic like the sirges that pick certain adventure areas and have incursions actually inside the scene.

For instance, they have night time spawns, why not a high lvl elven sun ritual during a celestial alignment or time of year?

8. Fungus

Fungus Avatar

These measures are way more of a priority to fishing updates to help boost population, regenerate interest levels and produce more favorable reviews.

9. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Completely agree and would also add the following:

Either Factions or 4 geographical areas with an NPC castle open for invasion which if successful would give that group/guild special rewards (Mats, Gold, etc). Provided they hold that keep/castle for a specified period of time. Let’s bring politics/alliances/betrayal into the game. R/Boris/El Pirata.

Witcheypoo and Synergy Blaize like this.
  10. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I can buy in to this, esp for the t1-t5 zones.

Death penalty is terrible!

Witcheypoo, FrostII, GrayFog and 3 others like this.
  11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think they should keep 2x XP exactly as it is. As for decay, they said during the postmortem that a big change was coming. I expect that they will most likely remove it. I just hope that they don't replace it with something worse.

12. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I can't imagine anything worse than not wanting to adventure, explore, and advance your skills because of a mechanic that forces a step back for every step forward.
    Most asinine, counterproductive "feature" ever invented in something that is supposed to be fun - a game.

13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I feel totally the opposite. Without it you can just die again and again and again with absolutely no consequence. Decay gives a real sense of danger. It prompts me to continually improve my build. If they remove it then death will be completely meaningless and SotA will be nothing but carebearville.

Feeyo, Elwyn, Chrystoph Reis and 2 others like this.
  14. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

placeholder

15. MFWalter

MFWalter Avatar

I really enjoy this suggestion. I don't think they should announce which zones are double xp, but there should be a good way to tell when you are in the zone. I'd hate to have some new player fighting in a zone one day and all their xp is flowing up so they are turning on so many skills then they come back the next day and their pool zeros out because they didn't know that the day before there had been double xp.

16. Vampiero

Vampiero Avatar

I think its a good idea, would just have to normalize the coding instead of making it random, where as one day it would choose a random T1 area, then the next a random T5, the next a random T3 the next a random T10, and so on and so forth, to balance out the level of player that could use the advantage. Not only would it occasionally help everyone, but it would also give everyone a reason to at least check in everyday. If you cant find it on the day its bonus. Meh, tomorrows another day.

The real issue here is there is no real reasons to adventure, no long running quest-lines, save the main story, and no known or even hinted at reason to go into 50%+ of the scenes that exist.
    The creators still need to give the NPC world a reason, or the world in whole is broken, there are far to many scenes that you can go into where NPC's haven't been given names, any form (even a random/repeating) of backstory, or even furnishings in there City Home, and in a game with a population as low as this, that in and of itself is devastating.

17. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I don't like this idea at all.

As someone who focuses more on my crafting level than my adventure level, adding 'double xp' to pretty much any scene except for a couple of the mines, or the town that I live and craft in, would be completely meaningless.
    Adding double XP to anything less than a T5 would be completely meaningless on both accounts (ok, ok, I know Tears is T4, but the area people are grinding, is not T4, lol)

The problem si that not all zones are created equal. There's a handful that are lucrative, and the rest kind of suck. We've seen the lucrative zones systematically changed to be less so, by either toning down the density/spawn/xp or making it too difficult for it to be good exp for time spent.

So unless the "random xp zone picker thing" landed on 1 of the 5 or so scenes people bother with, they'd probably be better off just doing what they normally do. Even with double XP, I'd probably still be better off in my usual stomping grounds because the non-lucrative scenes are -really- non-lucrative. There's a few scenes that are "okay", and adding double in them might push them into being worthwhile for the weekend, but honestly, it would make a lot more sense to me to just bring a lot of the less utilised scenes up to par to begin with, and then players will go where they will, double or no double.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  18. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Doesn't help much for those of use who want crafting XP, as mostly only town scenes have crafting stations. Also, some old clone zones are just plain lame. However, if it were an entire region every week, that could get kind of crazy. I'm sure it would just get min-maxed real quick, but it would be a cure for the UT sickness, and it would "make regions great again" too. One region a week, maybe only weekends or weekdays, or maybe two regions a week, one on weekends and one on weekdays.

I would love to see people rush around to figure out how to get the most out of each week's region.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  19. MFWalter

MFWalter Avatar

IDK, when my father or I want crafting xp we head to either Elysium mines or Etceter Crag mines to farm silver or gold. 1k a harvest is pretty nice and then turning that into enchants or masterworking is nice. I know some of the people in my guild goto places with large numbers of animals and AoE kill them then fast skin with a belt of the brutal butcher to get a bunch of crafting pool fast.

20. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

There's a lot of crafting XP to be had by doing low-skill-level crafts and getting exceptionals. (28% chance for 5x @ 2x is nice) And those enchants and masterworks also need a table. Butchering carcasses is good too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.