Inconsistent XP rewards make most of this game feel pointless.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aetrion, Aug 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

Well I think to the original point, it seems silly to me that if I go kill dragons for an hour I dont get anything near what UT gives. In fact I may lose XP and not really get much in the way of loot or reward.

Bigg, MFWalter, Rada Torment and 8 others like this.
  2. Dread1313

Dread1313 Avatar

Then why the hell are people whining, whats the point of the thread if this is going to be "fixed"?
    I think this is a healthy discussion, but it will never end up being what we want it to be. It never is.
    Sure call me a pessimist but its what ive been seeing and experiencing for 20 years.

The only way to fix this will be to increase XP across the board AND give more XP hubs that people can hunt in. Otherwise this is all just a waste of time.

Cordelayne, Witcheypoo and matsutaki like this.
  3. Dread1313

Dread1313 Avatar

I totally feel you. Basically it boils down to risk/reward. It always has. If people see an immense amount of risk, with little to no reward, they wont even bother. Sure bragging rights are cool the first time, but then it becomes "ho hum" after that.

I dont give a crap what you do in life, NO ONE does anything "just because". The carrot analogy has been the driving force behind human evolution and decision making since the dawn of time.

Cordelayne and Witcheypoo like this.
  4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

On that point, @Dread1313 , we are in complete agreement.

Make what is currently 2xp the norm and get rid of this assinine death penalty.
    Fix all quests.
    Make loot something that even approaches reasonable.
    And give crafting/harvesting a LOT of love.

These alone will bring back most all of those who've left and keep our current population moving steadily forward.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  5. Dread1313

Dread1313 Avatar

I agree with this 100%
    Loot is pretty friggin deplorable right now.

6. Tracker

Tracker Avatar

I'm on the fence to whether double XP is a Godsend for players, or the Devil's bane. It really doesn't effect me much personally, but I know many can take it or leave it. The only problem I really have with it is the frequency of it. I personally would like to see it a bit more random (heck, I wouldn't even care if it were something not even announced...just an event that popped up in the world while you were logged in playing) and worked into the mechanic/lore of the game.

I was under the assumption that the reason we have "scenes" and not an open world, is that scenes allowed for easier customization...(certain events and scenarios could be played out more or less on the fly). If we must have double XP as an incentive, why not float it randomly around to different scenes that may have been tuned up for special double XP events? I know that this will cause people to flock to this area just for the XP...but isn't this whats happening now with UT? At least this way we get to explore more of the world with varying locations.

Tracker

7. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

The problem is, exploring is boring period.... there is no reason to, the only thing the scenes are good for is grinding, (and questing) but questing really needs a lot of work.and grinding is something that makes me think twice about logging in. I don't mind some grinding, but geesh, everything is a grind. I seem to be logging in less and less every day, and when I do log in, I spend no more then an hr. or two. .... I need fun, and I am not having it at the moment. Been there done that …. A lot of scenes I don't bother to explore like the above +8's, because dying is way too painful. No I do not group up, I am a solo adventurer player, and both are becoming less and less fun. ah well, waiting for exp.2 …. maybe they will add the fun aspect of gaming fun in that one. :) Till then, I will be logging in on weekends for the 2x exp ….. and maybe pop in now and then for my friends, check in on my house, and ummmm grind? oh and I DON"T PVP …. nope, don't care too. JM2C's

8. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Please take a chill pill, take a walk , breathe deeply and then realize that you are shooting the messenger, I provided you with info that you clearly didn't have, that is normally seen as a friendly gesture where a disproportionate response such as cursing people for being friendly will lead to less people being inclined to do so in the future.

9. matsutaki

matsutaki Avatar

ditto, my thought exactly!

Cordelayne and Chatele like this.
  10. Dread1313

Dread1313 Avatar

You missed my point entirely. Instead you got butt-hurt and took it the wrong way and then lashed out at me. I was asking, "if this is going to be fixed, and its a "known", why are people whining about UT".
    I do appreciate you telling me about it. I was never attacking you. If you think I was attacking you, then you must get really upset really easy out in the real world. I am rough around the edges, but that's how I am. I am sorry if I offended you - I never meant to direct any negativity, or hostility towards you, and I apologize if it was perceived that way. Take care!

P.S. - I don't really have a filter, its a social flaw I have. I hope people here can remember that when I am talking to them. Just the same, I can take it when someone is the same way to me. Don't take anything I say personally, unless I say you should take it that way. I am just very direct and raw when talking to people. I am way too honest (like the guy in Liar, Liar) and I am sorry if that hurts anyone's feelings. I just say how and what I feel almost 100% of the time.

11. Dangerous_Dave

Dangerous_Dave Avatar

Hi, I'm currently at Adventurer Level 78 and Producer level 74. I have been spending the last few weeks in North Shattered Hills (only T4), If I turn ALL skills to off/maintain, I'm averaging about 80,000 Adventurer points and 65,000 Crafting points per hour with no stopping to admire the scenery and no deaths unless I'm stupid.

You guys are going on about millions of Exp/hr. I can only dream of 1,000,000/hr and I love double XP weekends as the grind is real and damn slow.

Am I doing something badly wrong here (Please point me in the right direction if I am), or is Level 78 still counted as a wet-behind-the-ears noob level in this thread?

BTW, the new mega sized Corpions in Northwest blackblade mountains, where I was grinding, have made that a no-go area now, the old Darkstarr versions were just something to be careful around, the new ones are hit me ... 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4 spamming health spells while running away aand I'm dead. At least the Dragons stayed in their little corner and so were easily avoided.

12. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Give some T-5 areas a try. Ulfheim is a T-5-8 area that gives more experience. There are a lot of bears and wolfs and pigs. It can get hairy, but you don't have to move far for more action. Deep Ravenswood is another T-5 grinding area as is Crag Foothills.

Feeyo, Chatele, FrostII and 1 other person like this.
  13. Dangerous_Dave

Dangerous_Dave Avatar

Thanks Aldo, I was using the T5 at Northwest Blackblade Mountains, but the new Corpions have killed that for now. Tenebris Harbor (T5) is lacking resources for crafting points, and the close by T5 passes (I'm based in Jaanasford) don't respawn resources very well for a good grind session :)

I'll check out if your suggestions, hopefully they won't be too far away, but as I get stronger, getting through the passes is getting easier these days and if I remember to take a recall scroll the commute home is quick :)

Out of interest, long-term target, What levels are you guys at to make a million/hr?

Witcheypoo, Jaesun and FrostII like this.
  14. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

No your doing nothing wrong. The exp gain difference between areas is rediculous. Currently in Upper Tears with the right party you can make 1 million Xp in about 30 minutes. On double Xp days. As compared to other scenes that get you a pittance, this goes for killing bosses. This is what needs to change and I hope @Chris is not so far disconnected from his player base that he would lower UT to a pittance like everything else. It really just needs to be balanced so that other scenes can be as lucrative as the one scene is now, or meat in the middle somewhere.

You can look for open groups doing UT and gets loads of exp, but damn it is boring grinding that same progression over and over and over again.

Witcheypoo and FrostII like this.
  15. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Pretty much what @Toadster said above ^^^.
    Start "Looking For Groups" and find one in UT.... Won't be hard to do, since it's the only place we have to be really proficient and have fun grouping and fighting... ;)

16. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

There just needs to be more enemies in every single scene. Throw them at us!

Even early player scenes, the report from New Players coming through is they don't have to deal with dying until they get into harder areas over their head (like getting told to go to Necropolis too early.)

So bring on the hordes! That's half the fun right?

Witcheypoo likes this.
  17. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Embarrassingly, I died the first time going through Highvale Outskirts..... :oops:

When I got my secondary, I steamrolled everything hehe!

18. Stevvcash

Stevvcash Avatar

this please

19. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

They used to be much harder. You could probably, but not guarenteed, just let them beat on you for a long period of time and wouldn't die now. Depending on the enemy.

Jaesun likes this.
  20. Dangerous_Dave

Dangerous_Dave Avatar

That would get really annoying for Crafters. We need a decent gap in the respawns to actually gather stuff.

Witcheypoo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.